I don't know.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2016, 04:12 PM
RE: I don't know.
(19-03-2016 04:09 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I know.

Do you want to know?

It'll cost you.

Signed

Religion

Knowledge is free. Although learning can put a dent in your checkbook, the price of "religion" is your mind.

The second mouse gets the cheese.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2016, 04:13 PM
(19-03-2016 03:56 PM)The Drake Wrote:  None of us do.

But if you don't know, how do you know that? How do you know no one else does if you don't even know it? Can you even define what it is you don't know in order to conclude you don't know it? Ok, my head hurts now. Unsure

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
19-03-2016, 04:21 PM
(19-03-2016 04:09 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(19-03-2016 04:05 PM)The Drake Wrote:  Thanks DLJ. I'm just waxing philosophical after a bit of chemical "enhancement".

Friends try to discourage other friends from 'drinking' and posting.

Come on.... hand the keyboard over. You'll forget all about this in the morning. Wink

"I shwear U'm Fun. Ill be oday. SHus nid anover dwink" Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

19-03-2016, 04:25 PM
(19-03-2016 04:09 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(19-03-2016 04:05 PM)The Drake Wrote:  Thanks DLJ. I'm just waxing philosophical after a bit of chemical "enhancement".

Friends try to discourage other friends from 'drinking' and posting.

Come on.... hand the keyboard over. You'll forget all about this in the morning. Wink

Who said I was drinking ?

19-03-2016, 04:28 PM
(19-03-2016 04:13 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  

But if you don't know, how do you know that? How do you know no one else does if you don't even know it? Can you even define what it is you don't know in order to conclude you don't know it? Ok, my head hurts now. Unsure

Um...exactly ! LOL

[+] 1 user Likes The Drake's post
19-03-2016, 04:33 PM
(19-03-2016 04:08 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I don't know what it's like to be a woman.
I don't know what it's like to win an Olympic gold medal.

I don't know of any gods

The day to day stuff, I'm fairly certain on.
The other stuff, evidence helps when it comes to knowledge. And new evidence can expand or even change our knowledge completely.

Just because we don't know everything, doesn't mean that we don't know something's.

Thankfully you're one that doesn't resort to a God when you don't know something.

19-03-2016, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the vagueness.

19-03-2016, 04:48 PM
(19-03-2016 04:05 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  

As a musician I fully appreciate this. Now I'm doing the "STUMBLE" through the interwebs and reminiscing. Got my 80's hat on.

19-03-2016, 04:52 PM
I like Guy Harrison's response to we don't know *for sure* re: god(s) existence.

To be sure, to be 100 percent "covered" we could spend our lives praying, worshiping all the various gods that ever are, ever were, and ever will be. And even if we did this 24 hours a day, every day of the week, there would still be no way to pay homage to all of them. Of course, doing this may piss off some rival gods in the process, so there's that to consider as well. We could spend our entire lives praying, trying to please various deities at an exhausting rate, hoping we got it right.

Or we could be secure in knowing we don't know *for sure* and rest in what we do know, which is that there is zero evidence for any of these gods. We can surmise that if we grew up in another time, another place, or another country, our beliefs would be shaped by whatever the cultural religion was in that particular place/time. And we can live our lives fully instead of living our one life at the mercy of deities--of which there is no evidence for.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
19-03-2016, 04:57 PM
(19-03-2016 04:37 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Thanks for the vagueness.

Your welcome. That was the point. None of us knows everything. The path that we take to knowledge is what's important. It's OKAY to say "I don't know". It's not OK to say IDK "therefore it must be GOD".

[+] 1 user Likes The Drake's post