I don't know.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2016, 05:02 PM
RE: I don't know.
(19-03-2016 03:56 PM)The Drake Wrote:  None of us do.

Well that was a waste of time I will never get back.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2016, 05:08 PM
(19-03-2016 04:52 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I like Guy Harrison's response to we don't know *for sure* re: god(s) existence.

To be sure, to be 100 percent "covered" we could spend our lives praying, worshiping all the various gods that ever are, ever were, and ever will be. And even if we did this 24 hours a day, every day of the week, there would still be no way to pay homage to all of them. Of course, doing this may piss off some rival gods in the process, so there's that to consider as well. We could spend our entire lives praying, trying to please various deities at an exhausting rate, hoping we got it right.

Or we could be secure in knowing we don't know *for sure* and rest in what we do know, which is that there is zero evidence for any of these gods. We can surmise that if we grew up in another time, another place, or another country, our beliefs would be shaped by whatever the cultural religion was in that particular place/time. And we can live our lives fully instead of living our one life at the mercy of deities--of which there is no evidence for.

Honestly I wasn't speaking of a god's existence. Truly I was speaking of my own. There are things I don't know. I was projecting that "unto the masses". I don't ascribe a deity to that which I can't explain.

The second mouse gets the cheese.
19-03-2016, 05:12 PM
(19-03-2016 05:02 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(19-03-2016 03:56 PM)The Drake Wrote:  None of us do.

Well that was a waste of time I will never get back.

Sorry, didn't mean to interrupt your "very important day". Why did you even try ?

19-03-2016, 05:13 PM
(19-03-2016 05:08 PM)The Drake Wrote:  
(19-03-2016 04:52 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I like Guy Harrison's response to we don't know *for sure* re: god(s) existence.

To be sure, to be 100 percent "covered" we could spend our lives praying, worshiping all the various gods that ever are, ever were, and ever will be. And even if we did this 24 hours a day, every day of the week, there would still be no way to pay homage to all of them. Of course, doing this may piss off some rival gods in the process, so there's that to consider as well. We could spend our entire lives praying, trying to please various deities at an exhausting rate, hoping we got it right.

Or we could be secure in knowing we don't know *for sure* and rest in what we do know, which is that there is zero evidence for any of these gods. We can surmise that if we grew up in another time, another place, or another country, our beliefs would be shaped by whatever the cultural religion was in that particular place/time. And we can live our lives fully instead of living our one life at the mercy of deities--of which there is no evidence for.

Honestly I wasn't speaking of a god's existence. Truly I was speaking of my own. There are things I don't know. I was projecting that "unto the masses". I don't ascribe a deity to that which I can't explain.

Got it Wink I assumed you were talking about a deity since you posted in the atheism theism section.
19-03-2016, 05:22 PM
(19-03-2016 05:13 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(19-03-2016 05:08 PM)The Drake Wrote:  Honestly I wasn't speaking of a god's existence. Truly I was speaking of my own. There are things I don't know. I was projecting that "unto the masses". I don't ascribe a deity to that which I can't explain.

Got it Wink I assumed you were talking about a deity since you posted in the atheism theism section.

Where else would a deity go ? Poor guy. All alone and no one to "believe" in him.

19-03-2016, 05:58 PM
I conclude this thread with a shout out to "Old Man Marsh". Don't mess with OZ.
https://youtu.be/kxrlZ5yA5Zc

[+] 1 user Likes The Drake's post
20-03-2016, 07:52 AM
(19-03-2016 05:58 PM)The Drake Wrote:  I conclude this thread with a shout out to "Old Man Marsh". Don't mess with OZ.
https://youtu.be/kxrlZ5yA5Zc

Embedding works. Thumbsup

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
20-03-2016, 12:58 PM
for 10% of your income and your common sense you can know the truth..... which we made up completely
28-03-2016, 02:15 PM
theists often berate us for admitting we don't know all to often it's something like

You don't know so here's my answer so you have to accept mine because it's a explanation your not allowed to not believe in something (typical dictator think)

or

You reject my explanation but you already proclaim x true typical example of this is when we study a problem by biology questions in light of evolution instead of fairy dust not understanding the fact that all sciences use a paradigm and fairy dust so far has none worth using

pascal wager in a nut shell

god essentially wants a army of cowardly slaves who love it out of a selfish desire not to be punished and avoid said punishment by ideological luck
28-03-2016, 02:24 PM
It's quite enjoyable innitit?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson