I don't like anything about politics.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2013, 02:24 AM
I don't like anything about politics.
While reading a book on ancient greece, I came upon a sentence. "The Nature of political leadership in athens changed shortly after..." and I immediately lost interest. Not because I don't like learning about history but because of that one word 'political'.

Me I believe politics is a sham, only the rich become elected especially so at the top circles. Any government that would dare consider itself a fair democracy would have to have a limit on wealth and decrease the wealth ratio between the elites and the commoners exponentially.

As for now I'm considering all 'democratic' states an oligarchy - aristocracy. And perfectly honest with you, would have really preferred Hitler over this. At least Hitler had a sense of justice and art. Which is more than I can say for this lot. Of course then again I don't believe in the holocaust either, so hitler really isn't a bad choice... I've always said a good dictatorship is better than a bad democracy. Ancient Greece appears to be agreeing with me too! Under the rule of tyrants cities would grow exponentially. Under rule of Adolf Hitler Germany grew exponentially aka: a good dictatorship. See the reason why dictatorships are hated so much by 'democracies' is that they take away the power of the ruling families. Of course then again the dictatorships installed during the cold war by both factions are simply blood lusting power hungry corrupt insecure puppets of their time.

You'd really be surprised at how similar early democratic and modern demo- well I suppose it's nothing to be surprised at really, since the system wasn't changed AT ALL... oh wait it was, they added a 'president' good for them. Other than that nothing has changed, and any historically versed jackass of greek or roman history could tell you all about how easy it would be for the rich to exploit such a flawed system.

P.S. I feel like I should note it in here that the ruling families of ancient greece would often try to defame tyrants after they died or were overthrown... or both... It seems a similar case happened to germany's tyrant recently. Except the ruling family that defamed him was the Rothschild's who did not take to kindly to him taking their wealth and power.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2013, 02:29 AM
RE: I don't like anything about politics.
(14-01-2013 02:24 AM)Nappa Wrote:  While reading a book on ancient greece, I came upon a sentence. "The Nature of political leadership in athens changed shortly after..." and I immediately lost interest. Not because I don't like learning about history but because of that one word 'political'.

Me I believe politics is a sham, only the rich become elected especially so at the top circles. Any government that would dare consider itself a fair democracy would have to have a limit on wealth and decrease the wealth ratio between the elites and the commoners exponentially.

As for now I'm considering all 'democratic' states an oligarchy - aristocracy. And perfectly honest with you, would have really preferred Hitler over this. At least Hitler had a sense of justice and art. Which is more than I can say for this lot. Of course then again I don't believe in the holocaust either, so hitler really isn't a bad choice... I've always said a good dictatorship is better than a bad democracy. Ancient Greece appears to be agreeing with me too! Under the rule of tyrants cities would grow exponentially. Under rule of Adolf Hitler Germany grew exponentially aka: a good dictatorship. See the reason why dictatorships are hated so much by 'democracies' is that they take away the power of the ruling families. Of course then again the dictatorships installed during the cold war by both factions are simply blood lusting power hungry corrupt insecure puppets of their time.

You'd really be surprised at how similar early democratic and modern demo- well I suppose it's nothing to be surprised at really, since the system wasn't changed AT ALL... oh wait it was, they added a 'president' good for them. Other than that nothing has changed, and any historically versed jackass of greek or roman history could tell you all about how easy it would be for the rich to exploit such a flawed system.

P.S. I feel like I should note it in here that the ruling families of ancient greece would often try to defame tyrants after they died or were overthrown... or both... It seems a similar case happened to germany's tyrant recently. Except the ruling family that defamed him was the Rothschild's who did not take to kindly to him taking their wealth and power.
Troll or delusional? Or both?

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
14-01-2013, 02:33 AM
(14-01-2013 02:29 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Troll or delusional? Or both?
Or maybe I'm just a jackass well versed in history. Unlike like some people.
14-01-2013, 02:51 AM
I submit that "well versed in history" is inconsistent with instantly losing interest because the word "political" appears in the history book - history is, obviously, almost all about politics. You cannot be more than an dabbling patzer if you refuse to read any historical account with the dreaded p-word.

And since you immediately went with Hitler, you lost any and all credibility with anyone here except the other trolls.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 2 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
14-01-2013, 02:55 AM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2013 02:59 AM by Nappa.)
(14-01-2013 02:51 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  I submit that "well versed in history" is inconsistent with instantly losing interest because the word "political" appears in the history book - history is, obviously, almost all about politics. You cannot be more than an dabbling patzer if you refuse to read any historical account with the dreaded p-word.

And since you immediately went with Hitler, you lost any and all credibility with anyone here except the other trolls.
I never said I stopped reading it did I? I said I lost interest. And you know who I also lose credibility with for my disbelief in a god? Theists. Don't be a theist. Because in all honesty, closing your mind to something just because it makes you uncomfortable is stupid, and naive.

Hitler was just an example get over your delusional hatred and start thinking like a rational being. You even failed to recognize what I was comparing Hitler to to begin with! I was using him as an example, in all regards hitler was a good leader even though he was a tyrant, he was able to stop the patzering of the political clusterfuck in his country and get it back on the road. Just like the ancient city states, in fact Hitler was well versed in history to and probably influenced at least some of his political policies.
14-01-2013, 03:05 AM
In that case, I will pretend you're not just trolling and dispute your entire asinine premise.

I am not in any kind of ruling class. I am not even remotely related to any aristocracy. And I hate dictatorships because they invariably end up with tyrants ruling, oppressing, and enslaving a country at their whim. Even the most benevolent dictator rules with an iron fist, eliminating anyone who opposes him, for as long as he can hold onto it - and those guys are almost always deposed by a much more vicious and power-hungry wannabe dictator making a grab for the throne (figuratively speaking) and therefore even the good ones, such as they are, are replaced by the awful tyrants.

So I hate dictatorships but for reasons based on history, logic, and rationality. It has nothing to do with aristocracy or ruling families.

Actually, "hate" is your word, not mine, and I should stop using your word and point out that I don't hate them. I recognize the fatal flaws of dictatorships and refuse to support any notion that there is any long term benefit of a dictatorship that isn't trashed by the long term inevitability of tyranny and the consequences thereof.

Democracy has it's flaws, no doubt, but dictatorships have far worse flaws, and even though Hitler made some great forward-thinking strides for his country, he was insane and despicable and tyrannical and eventually those traits were all he had at the end, but not until 10 million people were dead for no reason.

So if there's any chance you're not just the next troll to get banned for idiotic (and eventually rule-breaking) trolling, if there's a chance you actually read what anyone posts with an even remotely open mind, then think again about the gaping holes in your inane logic.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
14-01-2013, 03:18 AM
Cool story bro, needs more dragon.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
14-01-2013, 03:19 AM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2013 03:29 AM by Nappa.)
(14-01-2013 03:05 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  In that case, I will pretend you're not just trolling and dispute your entire asinine premise.

I am not in any kind of ruling class. I am not even remotely related to any aristocracy. And I hate dictatorships because they invariably end up with tyrants ruling, oppressing, and enslaving a country at their whim. Even the most benevolent dictator rules with an iron fist, eliminating anyone who opposes him, for as long as he can hold onto it - and those guys are almost always deposed by a much more vicious and power-hungry wannabe dictator making a grab for the throne (figuratively speaking) and therefore even the good ones, such as they are, are replaced by the awful tyrants.

So I hate dictatorships but for reasons based on history, logic, and rationality. It has nothing to do with aristocracy or ruling families.

Actually, "hate" is your word, not mine, and I should stop using your word and point out that I don't hate them. I recognize the fatal flaws of dictatorships and refuse to support any notion that there is any long term benefit of a dictatorship that isn't trashed by the long term inevitability of tyranny and the consequences thereof.

Democracy has it's flaws, no doubt, but dictatorships have far worse flaws, and even though Hitler made some great forward-thinking strides for his country, he was insane and despicable and tyrannical and eventually those traits were all he had at the end, but not until 10 million people were dead for no reason.

So if there's any chance you're not just the next troll to get banned for idiotic (and eventually rule-breaking) trolling, if there's a chance you actually read what anyone posts with an even remotely open mind, then think again about the gaping holes in your inane logic.
You need not worry about my mind, for it is as open as the cosmic abyss, it is I who worry about the opening of your mind.

Everything you just said about dictators is also true about oligarchies/aristocrats. We saw how our own aristocracy responded when Communism began to spread, they started a cold war and they were the ones who INSTALLED your ever so hated (and rightfully so in this case) dictators in the first place. And just so they could have some very minor measure of influence over communism in that region of the world.

And at the end you have to say your reasons for hating hitler, much the reasons an oligarchy in ancient greece would use to defame any tyrant 'murderer, enslaver, insane' and all you have to show for it are some pictures and a few eye-witness accounts. Not very evidence based for the murder of ten million. I've seen the most pathetic of murder trials have more evidence than that, and that was just for one person. I will agree with you that Hitler's mental state was deteriorating at the closing years of the war, I suspect Parkinson's for a few reasons, but mainly the shakes he would get, which is evident in some videos of him.

(14-01-2013 03:05 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Cool story bro, needs more dragon.

I honor the man above high more than I do you, at least he is trying to be open-minded, to which I am very grateful to him and we can have a semi decent political discussion involving oligarchies and dictatorships and some things about hitler. Which people have a god awful time just getting past the hatred that had been instilled in them for years in school, by their parents, and social media. You never question what you hate, never.
14-01-2013, 03:22 AM
huh... You don't like anything about politics, so you being speaking of it.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
14-01-2013, 03:31 AM
(14-01-2013 03:22 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  huh... You don't like anything about politics, so you being speaking of it.
How little we would know, if we never asked about what we disliked.