Poll: Would you not shop/eat at a company if their beliefs aren't in line with yours?
I would definitely stop giving my business.
No. It wouldn't make a difference if I stopped giving my business anyway.
[Show Results]

"I don't like what you believe..."

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2013, 05:03 PM
RE: "I don't like what you believe..."
(03-03-2013 04:56 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(03-03-2013 04:42 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I chose the invisible option that says
"Yes, I would stop giving my business when possible. (unless all available grocery stores are owned by those with differing views, as I will not starve, or the offending stores are offering a better price by more than 10% and I can't get a price match anywhere else)"
I considered a "neither" option, but I forgot to put it Smile

And I never even heard of Chick fil A (however it's spelled) before that controversy! It's. A stupid name, in my opinion.
Ditto... But of course, I'm Canadian, and I doubt the chain extends up here. Welp... Now I've gotta go get some KFC or Popeyes or Mary-Browns or some chicken that IS available up here. Maybe I'll mention that I don't believe in god, and see how that goes. I'll report back
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
03-03-2013, 05:04 PM
double
03-03-2013, 07:32 PM
I've never eaten at Chik Fil A. The closest one is 60 miles from here, and I'm sure there are better places to eat.

That being said, if I hear that a company is giving money to anti-gay causes (or whatever), I will not give them my business. It's not about what the owners believe, and it's certainly not trying to curb their freedom of speech, it's about the fact that if I patronize them, my money would go to anti-gay organizations or whatever. I don't give a flying shit what they believe; I just don't want my money going to fund anti-gay shit (etc.).

And I know you can't control what they do with your money, but if they are being loud and proud with their bigotry and funding hate organizations, I will take my business elsewhere.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Making me angry in some way would stop me, but not belief in general.

Crickets
06-03-2013, 11:44 AM
"I don't like what you believe..."
I think is like politics:

Where we put our money (power) is what really shapes society. In this sense, thoughtful investment is the only form of democracy (people's power) we have left. Voting for another millionaire puppet is a tv show, a placebo.
The cash you put on corporations or companies gives them power, and as they can influence policy with props and funding campaigns it's like voting.

So for some like me choosing where my money goes is a civil duty and a responsibility. The TV show "elections" is like religion to me (pure BULLSHIT).

I Heart Qualia Soup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user