I don't usually post these, but...stupid is sometimes really scary

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2012, 09:13 AM
I don't usually post these, but...stupid is sometimes really scary
I usually refrain from posting my facebook debates, but this was the first time I realized that someone I went to High School with is a fundie, and that scares me because we share the same education system. I may have escaped, but these assholes are still there promoting irrational fear and hatred.

The initial post REALLY pissed me off because my very existence is because my father cheated on my stepmother with my mother. I may not agree with cheating, but to murder those who do cheat? AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, the stupid and the contradiction!!!!!

So, without further ado.

Theish “So mad right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pos ppl. Adulterers should be stoned to death like back in the old days, especially WHORES. And NO I'm not talking about my husband because he is a good faithful man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me “Wow. I guess several members of my family deserve death. Turn the other cheek much?”
Theish “Andrew, really yea obviously youve never been cheated on and no I wouldn't turn my other cheek about adultery because when I married my husband I knew I loved him and I was going to be with him for the rest of my life. There is no excuse for cheating and commiting adultery obviously the ppl who cheat don't take their vows to heart to begin with and disgust the hell out of me.”
Me “Neither I nor my son would exist if your punishment were executed, as those necessary in my very being would be dead.”
Theish “Their is absolutely no reason to cheat, and if stoning of adulterers were legit then maybe ppl would think twice about the seriousness of getting married. It's not a piece of paper, its a vow between the 2 of u and God. Cheating is disgusting. It's almost the same as stoning your heart to death to be a victim of cheating... I remember with my first boyfriend, when he broke my heart and left me, I wanted to die. Be a victim then u will see.. this world Is too ok with sin and its sick. Well the adulterers will answer in front of God one day anyways so that's what matters.”
Me “So life is sacred, unless your feelings are hurt?”
Theish” If you ever lost your bestfriend I'd no”
Me “ I'm not sure I understand your last statement, perhaps you meant to type "you'd" know?

My point is this, death to someone or wanting to kill someone is a morally reprehensible act, irregardless of what they did to you. That doesn't mean don't punish them (perhaps financial compensation) but to kill? Absurd.”
Theish “Yea. If you lose your bestfriend and mate and become a victim of cheating then you will understand..... This world ain't got much longer.”
Me” Actually we have about 4.5 billion years before the sun goes into it's red giant stage and engulfs our planet. We have plenty of time as long a we don't kill one another.”
Theish “Right. You will see”
Me “Wow. Amazing. You truly believe the world will end within our lifetime? That is astonishing and scary. Not because I think you may be correct, but that you can vote the same as I can and can represent a voting block who's only plan for the future is "oh well."

I assume pro-life is just a word then because life is obviously of no concern to you.”
Theish “It isn't scary to me that the world will end. See cause I know where I'm going for an eternity there after. The difference in me and you is that I believe in God, live by the bible.. and obviously know that cheating on your spouse is wrong... So I feel bad for your wife.. since you sympathize with adulterers and yes I don't know when the world will end, cause God says not even the angels in heaven now when the world will end,we live in a time that is just so far morally wrong that I don't even know where to begin. I'm surprised u don't think the world will end on Dec 21, u seem like the scientology type.”

The next update from Theish was a new post
TheisH ” Here's the thing, see liberals and conservatives can't really win arguments with each other. Cause as a conservative I disagree with most every thing a liberal says. Most are blind.. and everyone believes what they want to believe. Especially me. I'm pretty cold hearted some times and I could literally argue with a tree, but that's just me. I believe in what I believe in cause of where and how I was raised and how hard it took me to get the way I am today...”

My last reply so far
"It isn't scary to me that the world will end."
Wow. Really? It doesn't scare you that humans have the capacity to act upon their irrational beliefs and send us into a nuclear winter? Would Iran acquiring a nuke be a good thing because they could set a chain of events in motion that would murder millions if not billions?

Live by the bible? Okay, let's use that as the rulebook then and see who is left unstoned.
Don't have a variety of crops on the same field. (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't wear clothes made of more than one fabric (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't cut your hair nor shave. (Leviticus 19:27)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death. (Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake. (Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community. (Leviticus 24:14-16)

Anyone who dreams or prophesizes anything that is against God, or anyone who tries to turn you from God, is to be put to death. (Deuteronomy 13:5)

If anyone, even your own family suggests worshipping another God, kill them. (Deuteronomy 13:6-10)

If you find out a city worships a different god, destroy the city and kill all of it's inhabitants... even the animals. (Deuteronomy 13:12-15)

Kill anyone with a different religion. (Deuteronomy 17:2-7)

Jesus also promoted the idea that all men should castrate themselves to go to heaven: "For there are eunuchs, that were so born from their mother's womb: and there are eunuchs, that were made eunuchs by men: and there are eunuchs, that made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it." (Matthew 19:12 ASV)

And those laws that I listed from the Old Testament that are supposedly no longer in effect?

"It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid."

That was Jesus saying those laws are still valid. So don't eat pork, or touch pig skin, and didn't you have a status a few weeks ago about working on Sunday?

The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.' (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

Kids who make fun of bald people?
From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!" The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces. (2 Kings 2:23-24 NAB)

As for the assertion that I support adulterers and that you should feel sorry for my wife...both of those statements are intended to be outright inflammatory. I am going to go out on a limb and say you have friends and family who have cheated on their wives/husbands without your knowledge. Want them dead? You made a statement that would mean putting my mother and father to death. That is completely irrational, hateful, arrogant, and downright absurd. My wife and I have a healthy relationship that revolves around numerous aspects of our humanity, including the ability to feel compassion, tolerance, and acceptance. You should consider educating yourself on all three as a member of the human race.

I wanted to get this all uploaded somewhere because I don’t anticipate her keeping me as a facebook “friend” after that.

Evolve
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 14 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
18-09-2012, 07:18 PM
RE: I don't usually post these, but...stupid is sometimes really scary
This person is really disturbed; drop her! Some Theists survive without triggering a mental illness, she is stonning herself!

Mention stonning? A while back I watched a movie called "The Stonning of Su . . .a A woman's name, can't remember. This is a fantastic movie!
[+] 1 user Likes depat's post
18-09-2012, 07:30 PM
You should ask your wife whether she'd be okay with you giving her a rebound fuck, I mean out of sympathy and all. ... Manly said she'd be down with it for me ... but only if she gets to watch ... and laugh hysterically.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-09-2012, 07:30 PM
What an uneducated bitch! You're better off not knowing her.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post
18-09-2012, 09:48 PM
Frighteningly, my childhood friend (we met when she was 5 and I was 7 and were best friends during our childhood) thinks very much like this girl. If I didn't know better, I would say they were the same person. I don't think that's the case, but it's scary to know there are more people like that out there...

Obviously cheating on your husband or wife is wrong, but to KILL them for it? Even if my husband were to do something like that, I could never kill him for it. I wanna believe her saying that is just angry emotions and she'd not actually DO something like that and doesn't REALLY want there to be any such punishment for the act. Buuuut... you never can tell...
[+] 2 users Like SlipStitch's post
18-09-2012, 11:40 PM
I need more friends like you on my facebook Sad
[+] 5 users Like Logisch's post
19-09-2012, 07:25 AM
And unfriended. I got a few more posts in, but they obviously stung a bit more and I did not save them in time.

The fucked-up part (well, an additionally fucked-up part) is that this chick is best friends with my cousin's wife (whom I also went to school with). They are really close and that also worries me. Is she peddling this crazy directly to my family members? If she wants to stone her family, go right ahead, she works on the sabbath so she would be right there in the thick of it, but leave my family out of your crazy.

Evolve
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
19-09-2012, 08:09 AM
Yeah anyone that is that crazy can be crazy on their own. I try to stay away from people like that. I imagine a worst case scenario where I have to rely on people, or they have to rely on me... and I would love to distance myself from them to avoid having to be supported by those kinds of people.
19-09-2012, 08:11 AM
Facebook... Dodgy You get what you pay for. Tongue

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
19-09-2012, 10:50 AM
And this is exactly why I don't have a Facebook account. Drinking Beverage