I don't want my mom to become an atheist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2012, 02:10 PM
RE: I don't want my mom to become an atheist.
(24-11-2012 02:02 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(24-11-2012 01:42 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Interesting.

Let's say Christianity became illegal... punishable by death.

What if I was hiding out in your house, and the Christian Elimination Task Force came by and asked you if you were harboring Christians. Knowing that they would kill me on the spot, you wouldn't lie and tell them you weren't hiding anyone?

*similar events happen in Nazi Germany*
Well, alright. I would lie, but that's because what I say has very serious consequences, and I think the law is unjust in making it so. If the law was something I agreed with, then yes I would tell the truth,but the law wasn't something I agreed with. In that instance lying would be better for my moral view.

If you get what I mean.

If the law was something I agreed deserved death then yes, I would tell the truth, but if it is something like you described, then I will lie because the law is in the wrong and telling the truth would be in the wrong.
So, you're saying that the lines of right and wrong are blurred and are based on relativity... meaning, not everything is black and white. There are shades of gray, and based on the situation, the truth might not always be the best course of action.

You're saying that your perception of the situation may have a different moral outlook that someone else's perception.

Because, to the CETF, they are doing the moral thing and upholding the law. To them, you are being morally reprehensible as you are breaking their moral standard.

I think you see where this is going.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I don't want my mom to become an atheist. - kingschosen - 24-11-2012 02:10 PM