I dropped LSD for the first time a few days ago...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2017, 11:02 AM
I dropped LSD for the first time a few days ago...
and I guess before I continue the story, I really, don't recommend doing this at all if you enjoy being firmly grounded in reality, which I found out, I do! Very much so in fact. I will not be doing this again.

Anyways, so I dropped acid a few nights ago, honestly as more of a science experiment on my own mind than anything, and I have to say, I now understand a biochemists absolute fascination with the drug's ability to make reality and non reality indistinguishable. By the end of the night I had no idea what was real and what was not. I asked my roommates, on several different occasions, whom I'm pretty sure I scared the shit out of, if they were real or not. I still feel weird today, is kind of why I'm writing. I have this unshakeable energy, which I actually would really like to be rid of now as it's making sleeping quite difficult.

But yes, Cosmo just learned, drugs make reality a shifty thingy indeed. Consider

I don't like my reality shifty. I had too much of that growing up. That was a big part of the first part of my trip. Religion really is just total mind control. It's the matrix. And unplugging was one of the nicest parts of my life.

I guess bottom line is I truly am still reeling from this experience. It's like, did I unplug, or plug back in when I did that just now? Wtf. Has anyone also done LSD before? (If you're willing to share that is,) What was it like for you?

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Cosmo's post
23-05-2017, 11:09 AM
RE: I dropped LSD for the first time a few days ago...
I know some people use drugs for recreational purposes, and if that's your thing, then have at it--I respect a person's choice to make decisions about what they put/don't put into their own body. I personally don't do drugs of any kind. I'm high on life...and chocolate cupcakes Big Grin Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
23-05-2017, 11:23 AM
I'm usually not one who wants much more than a beer or two with a friend, but when one of my friends that I was having a beer with mentioned he had LSD, I think there was enough beer in me and I was feeling just experimental enough to give it a try.

And yea it definitely did not end up being recreational. It wasn't unpleasant by any means, but it certainly wasn't pleasant either. It kinda just felt like this uncomfortable and unnecessary hyper expansion of awareness.

I think I'm going to stick to having a couple beers Laugh out load

-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmo's post
23-05-2017, 11:41 AM
Dropped acid while living on the slopes of Mt. Etna (USN duty station). It was erupting. Dr. Leary would have been proud.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Gawdzilla's post
23-05-2017, 11:47 AM
That was your first time? That would have been incredible. Having acid make everything shimmer and ripple and breathe and bright would be indescribably lovely (It actually made me weep at one point. I didn't know the world could be that beautiful) during an eruption I would think.

-Neil Degrasse Tyson
23-05-2017, 11:48 AM
Sissy. I'd love me some reality change. Lots of it, for a few days in a row. On a trance festival... With a lot of weed. And shrooms, yeah, don't forget the shrooms ... I won't ok, shut up... Jesus, you guys, enough... No more shrooms. ... Whaaaa... What do you mean no more shrooms? Acid then? Ok, fine, some acid then... Shrooms after. Muahahaha...

Doesn't like reality change... Pfff...

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 3 users Like Filox's post
23-05-2017, 12:00 PM
Quote:Sissy. I'd love me some reality change. Lots of it, for a few days in a row. On a trance festival... With a lot of weed. And shrooms, yeah, don't forget the shrooms ... I won't ok, shut up... Jesus, you guys, enough... No more shrooms. ... Whaaaa... What do you mean no more shrooms? Acid then? Ok, fine, some acid then... Shrooms after. Muahahaha...

Doesn't like reality change... Pfff...

Big Grin

Lol. I did feel like a sissy. The friends I did it with, who'd dropped it before, reminded me frequently that I was one in fact. Tongue

I enjoy mushrooms maybe once a year during a camping trip or some awesome summer outing somewhere. But I'd never tried that stuff before. Guess I just found my drug do not cross line. Acid. There it is!

Funny, because I have been very curious about this molecule they call DMT, which, I now realize, would be way over my damn head.

-Neil Degrasse Tyson
23-05-2017, 12:06 PM
Acid isn't for everyone...

adds appropriate tripping music

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
23-05-2017, 12:06 PM
(23-05-2017 11:02 AM)Cosmo Wrote:  and I guess before I continue the story, I really, don't recommend doing this at all if you enjoy being firmly grounded in reality, which I found out, I do! Very much so in fact. I will not be doing this again.

Anyways, so I dropped acid a few nights ago, honestly as more of a science experiment on my own mind than anything, and I have to say, I now understand a biochemists absolute fascination with the drug's ability to make reality and non reality indistinguishable. By the end of the night I had no idea what was real and what was not. I asked my roommates, on several different occasions, whom I'm pretty sure I scared the shit out of, if they were real or not. I still feel weird today, is kind of why I'm writing. I have this unshakeable energy, which I actually would really like to be rid of now as it's making sleeping quite difficult.

But yes, Cosmo just learned, drugs make reality a shifty thingy indeed. Consider

I don't like my reality shifty. I had too much of that growing up. That was a big part of the first part of my trip. Religion really is just total mind control. It's the matrix. And unplugging was one of the nicest parts of my life.

I guess bottom line is I truly am still reeling from this experience. It's like, did I unplug, or plug back in when I did that just now? Wtf. Has anyone also done LSD before? (If you're willing to share that is,) What was it like for you?

Actually, the thing with LSD is that it doesn't really change reality at all. You take in additional things you can't consciously perceive without. If you take it over a long period of time (there went a year of my life Tongue) it ends up integrating the new perceptions and then you get bored. Most people stop taking it abruptly - it loses luster.

I found it to be an extremely interesting experience, but it is not for everyone. Some people have a really adverse reaction. It's different for everyone, and all the attempts to communicate the experience kind of fail, because there is no one else with the same experience. It allowed me to look at things from a totally different perspective, at human behavior and at the behaviors of other animals. I am glad I did it - and I would not do it again at the same time.

Your LSD had some type of speed mixed in with it - a lot of it apparently - that is what is not wearing off properly. Pure LSD lets you go to a deep sleep immediately upon wearing off. They add the speed to extend the effect, and to cause more pronounced hallucinations. On pure LSD, the hallucinations are voluntary, i.e. you have to cause and maintain them if you want them.

Anyway, those were my experiences with it, way back in the late 60s and early 70s.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 8 users Like Dom's post
23-05-2017, 12:18 PM
(23-05-2017 11:47 AM)Cosmo Wrote:  That was your first time? That would have been incredible. Having acid make everything shimmer and ripple and breathe and bright would be indescribably lovely (It actually made me weep at one point. I didn't know the world could be that beautiful) during an eruption I would think.

Oh, no, first time was in 1965. I got hired to work with a carnival. Sadly, the clown guy who hired me was painted on the side of a truck.

But having the planet provide the special effects was way beyond awesome. Lava bombs shooting thousands of feet in the air from the top of a 10,000 shield volcano, the trails...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Gawdzilla's post