I dropped LSD for the first time a few days ago...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2017, 12:34 PM
RE: I dropped LSD for the first time a few days ago...
(23-05-2017 12:06 PM)Dom Wrote:  Actually, the thing with LSD is that it doesn't really change reality at all. You take in additional things you can't consciously perceive without. If you take it over a long period of time (there went a year of my life Tongue) it ends up integrating the new perceptions and then you get bored. Most people stop taking it abruptly - it loses luster.

I found it to be an extremely interesting experience, but it is not for everyone. Some people have a really adverse reaction. It's different for everyone, and all the attempts to communicate the experience kind of fail, because there is no one else with the same experience. It allowed me to look at things from a totally different perspective, at human behavior and at the behaviors of other animals. I am glad I did it - and I would not do it again at the same time.

Your LSD had some type of speed mixed in with it - a lot of it apparently - that is what is not wearing off properly. Pure LSD lets you go to a deep sleep immediately upon wearing off. They add the speed to extend the effect, and to cause more pronounced hallucinations. On pure LSD, the hallucinations are voluntary, i.e. you have to cause and maintain them if you want them.

Anyway, those were my experiences with it, way back in the late 60s and early 70s.

The 60's and 70's must have been wild.

That's true of course. Reality didn't change, just my perception of it. Profoundly though. When I say reality and non-reality became indistinguishable for me, (and this was the thought that the second part of my trip kind of centred around) I mean to say that I literally, repeatedly, put forth and seriously believed that all reality was a simulation. I couldn't put the fact that this thought was patently absurd to entertain back into the forefront of my mind. Including the people I was sitting beside. I didn't know if they were just mental projections of myself, or actually there. It felt like the acid made me physically feel the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics. Reality felt like it was a mental projection. I repeatedly had to ask my friends if they were real. The whole thing was programmed and executed inside my own brain. The persistence of this illusion was astonishing.

My favourite part was the breathtaking visuals that caused me to literally cry at the beauty around me. The trees and the wind and when we sat and stared at the fire. And watching everything shimmer and ripple and move together was incredible. There's some harmony you don't notice until you shut your conscious mind up and look at it.

And the indescribable, ineffable euphoria! I didn't know the world could look like that. The problem was my trip kept getting interrupted by these deep bouts of introspection that were way too much. I am actually kind of relieved to find out that all of the parts about LSD I seem to not be enjoying at all can be attributed to an amphetamine cut though, even though that might sound weird. I took it orally. Longer metabolic rate, smaller cascading release of dopamine, less dependence liability. I was looking up acid in detail after my trip, and the reason it can cause 'flashbacks' is because LSD can enfold itself inside of your Serotonin Receptors, specifically the 5HT^2A, and, for lack of knowing a better term, hide until later. I was worried this had happened to me. So I guess I'm just happy it didn't.

Still not trying acid again.

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 7 ~
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2017, 12:36 PM
Quote:Acid isn't for everyone...

I fall into this category.

Mushrooms is my jumping off point. This is what I've realized.

Quote:Oh, no, first time was in 1965. I got hired to work with a carnival. Sadly, the clown guy who hired me was painted on the side of a truck.

But having the planet provide the special effects was way beyond awesome. Lava bombs shooting thousands of feet in the air from the top of a 10,000 shield volcano, the trails...

The tracers are real! I didn't know what they meant until I did it! OH MY GOD VOLCANO TRACERS!!

-Neil Degrasse Tyson
~ 7 ~
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmo's post
23-05-2017, 01:02 PM
(23-05-2017 12:34 PM)Cosmo Wrote:  The 60's and 70's must have been wild.

That's true of course. Reality didn't change, just my perception of it. Profoundly though. When I say reality and non-reality became indistinguishable for me, (and this was the thought that the second part of my trip kind of centred around) I mean to say that I literally, repeatedly, put forth and seriously believed that all reality was a simulation. I couldn't put the fact that this thought was patently absurd to entertain back into the forefront of my mind. Including the people I was sitting beside. I didn't know if they were just mental projections of myself, or actually there. It felt like the acid made me physically feel the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics. Reality felt like it was a mental projection. I repeatedly had to ask my friends if they were real. The whole thing was programmed and executed inside my own brain. The persistence of this illusion was astonishing.

This is why one should always have an experienced guide the first time around. There is a tendency to become fixated on ideation.

I took away from it not that reality is a mental projection, but that the view we have of reality indeed originates within the individual - we perceive a narrow slice of it.

Perhaps an analogy is when my very hard of hearing husband finally got some hearing aids that worked for him. It was uncomfortable for him to hear because sounds that were new (like the crunching of gravel under his feet for example) were unbearably loud. The brain perceived them for the first time and escalated them. After hearing that sound several times, the loudness became normal and the sound was barely perceived anymore. (This is why grams won't wear his hearing aids - it's annoying until each sound has been experienced several times)

So, on your first trip you perceived additional aspects of reality. Which caused the ideation that the reality you had known so far was a simulation. You now experienced the "real reality".

LSD is not a one-off drug unless you have a guide who lets you enjoy visuals and music and that is what you wanted. To deal with the "reality" aspect you need more than one exposure.

We don't live in the same reality anyway. While we can all agree that a sofa is a sofa, I may look at it and see it as an inviting, super comfy place to hang out, while you see a shabby, worn piece of furniture that needs replacing and Joe Blow can't even look at that color. LSD lets you see all 3 views at once. It can totally confuse you and undermine your reality, and some people are permanently changed after one trip.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
23-05-2017, 01:16 PM
Yeah, I'll stick to beer and coffee. Yes When I taught school, one of the 10th grade girls dropped acid at school (I knew something was wrong, but not what). I guess she did a little too much, and was still tripping a week later. Dodgy I'd never want to go on a trip and not come back. I prefer my view of reality, scratched and dented and dirty as it may be, at times.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
23-05-2017, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2017 01:35 PM by Cosmo.)
Quote:This is why one should always have an experienced guide the first time around. There is a tendency to become fixated on ideation.

I took away from it not that reality is a mental projection, but that the view we have of reality indeed originates within the individual - we perceive a narrow slice of it.

Perhaps an analogy is when my very hard of hearing husband finally got some hearing aids that worked for him. It was uncomfortable for him to hear because sounds that were new (like the crunching of gravel under his feet for example) were unbearably loud. The brain perceived them for the first time and escalated them. After hearing that sound several times, the loudness became normal and the sound was barely perceived anymore. (This is why grams won't wear his hearing aids - it's annoying until each sound has been experienced several times)

So, on your first trip you perceived additional aspects of reality. Which caused the ideation that the reality you had known so far was a simulation. You now experienced the "real reality".

LSD is not a one-off drug unless you have a guide who lets you enjoy visuals and music and that is what you wanted. To deal with the "reality" aspect you need more than one exposure.

We don't live in the same reality anyway. While we can all agree that a sofa is a sofa, I may look at it and see it as an inviting, super comfy place to hang out, while you see a shabby, worn piece of furniture that needs replacing and Joe Blow can't even look at that color. LSD lets you see all 3 views at once. It can totally confuse you and undermine your reality, and some people are permanently changed after one trip.

Literally brilliant! That was a fantastic analogy, simply because I could immediately bring it back to how the wind sounded literally like a song to me last night while I was watching the trees ripple, so the example of a hearing aid and sound being a new sensation is actually a great one.

I may try it again. I didn't think the first blot had any effect though, so I took two blots on my first try ever. That was likely my mistake. If I do it again, perhaps I will only take one, so as to not have the breakdown of reality be so indistinguishable from non-reality.

Unlikely, but maybe, just one more, fun, science experiment.

Quote:Yeah, I'll stick to beer and coffee. Yes When I taught school, one of the 10th grade girls dropped acid at school (I knew something was wrong, but not what). I guess she did a little too much, and was still tripping a week later. Dodgy I'd never want to go on a trip and not come back. I prefer my view of reality, scratched and dented and dirty as it may be, at times.

This is what I have learned about myself also. Some self experimentation isn't the worst thing as long as you learn lessons about yourself and take away from them. I learned that if reality distorts on me too deeply, instead of appreciating it I will baffle myself by trying to describe the indescribable.

-Neil Degrasse Tyson
~ 7 ~
[+] 2 users Like Cosmo's post
23-05-2017, 01:44 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2017 01:47 PM by JesseB.)
Dropping LSD got my dad dishonorably discharged from the Marine Corps.

Well.... not JUST LSD cause lets face it back in the 70's everyone in the military was doing it, it also had to do with going AWOL with a military Jeep and a really bad car accident that shattered his thigh bone (femur) they patched him up by pounding a metal bar into his femur, he still has it but it's been removed now, I've seen it.

He had 2 counts of destruction of military property... The jeep was one, guess what the other one was. lol

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
23-05-2017, 01:51 PM
Quote:Dropping LSD got my dad dishonorably discharged from the Marine Corps.

Well.... not JUST LSD cause lets face it back in the 70's everyone in the military was doing it, it also had to do with going AWOL with a military Jeep and a really bad car accident that shattered his thigh bone (femur) they patched him up by pounding a metal bar into his femur, he still has it but it's been removed now, I've seen it.

He had 2 counts of destruction of military property... The jeep was one, guess what the other one was. lol

Just because you asked me to guess I would say the only thing that could add an unneeded insult to an unnecessary injury would be if he had ran into a cop car or something.

Lol Did he run into a cop car? Tongue

-Neil Degrasse Tyson
~ 7 ~
23-05-2017, 01:59 PM
Cosmo, I've never even been drunk much less dropped acid. (Why is it called "dropping acid" Huh )

I've never smoked marijuana. The only drugs I've been on was when I had my caesareans and I hated the effect it gave me even though it eased the pain. I have always had an overactive, creative imagination, almost to the extreme, so drugs have never been on my radar.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
23-05-2017, 02:05 PM
Quote:Cosmo, I've never even been drunk much less dropped acid. (Why is it called "dropping acid" Huh )

With acid specifically I think it's because you do it off tiny little dipped pieces of blotter paper which you simply drop under your tongue and let dissolve.

I'm honestly not sure why they call it that though, but that seems to be the colloquialism for it, and, believe it or not I swear, I promise, I'm only a nerd in writing. Smile

Quote:I've never smoked marijuana.

I have a fondness for Indica on a Fri/Sat that I need not delve into detail about. Smile

Quote:The only drugs I've been on was when I had my caesareans and I hated the effect it gave me even though it eased the pain. I have always had an overactive, creative imagination, almost to the extreme, so drugs have never been on my radar.

That's very, very good! Smile Keep it up! I'm actually jealous of that. I smoked a lot of pot between 19-21

-Neil Degrasse Tyson
~ 7 ~
[+] 2 users Like Cosmo's post
23-05-2017, 02:20 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2017 02:26 PM by JesseB.)
(23-05-2017 01:51 PM)Cosmo Wrote:  
Quote:Dropping LSD got my dad dishonorably discharged from the Marine Corps.

Just because you asked me to guess I would say the only thing that could add an unneeded insult to an unnecessary injury would be if he had ran into a cop car or something.

Lol Did he run into a cop car? Tongue

Not exactly, his broken femur was military property.

Edit^ Perhaps you are unaware of this, they call them GI (government issue) because when you join the military you are legally the property of the US government. When you leave the military you are STILL legally property of the US government for I want to say at least 7 years after (because they can call you back up and you have to be ready to serve and you can't opt out, if you make yourself unable to serve by say getting fat you are committing a crime). So if you hear about the GI education bill, that should add some clarity to what is really going on.

OH and my mom was in the Navy at the same time, she was honorably discharged after finishing her service, also I heard a military lawyer finally was able to remove my dad's dishonorable discharge from his record given that my dad had a very stellar career before then it was decided that dishonorable discharge was too harsh, though I don't know any of this for certain it's just what I've heard. Oh and my dad did do time in the brig for that incident.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post