I dropped LSD for the first time a few days ago...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2017, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2017 03:02 PM by Cosmo.)
RE: I dropped LSD for the first time a few days ago...
Quote:Not exactly, his broken femur was military property.

After seeing your edit, that makes sense. I didn't know that's how it worked. Crazy! I can assume the same applies in Canada as well then.

I haven't been around military very much at all in my life really, with the exception of some of their cooler guns. We Canadians are pretty lax on the military side of things it seems.

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2017, 02:39 PM
(23-05-2017 02:20 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Not exactly, his broken femur was military property.

I'm sure that's what he told you, but what he undoubtedly got charged with was rendering himself unfit for duty.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-05-2017, 03:14 PM
I didn't read through the whole thread so sorry if I repeat some things.

I used to do acid in the early 80's and I only bought it from one guy that I trusted. This was very important to me, the batches were about as safe as I could expect and the doses about the same.

The thing with acid that I started to dislike was the fact that it's a manufactured synthetic drug. Sometimes it could be a little 'speedy'.
I started getting into mushrooms more and it was getting harder to find acid I trusted anymore anyway. I stopped the acid altogether and found it was much easier to control the mushroom dosage myself and have a good trip without pushing it too far.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
23-05-2017, 03:14 PM
(23-05-2017 02:39 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(23-05-2017 02:20 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Not exactly, his broken femur was military property.

I'm sure that's what he told you, but what he undoubtedly got charged with was rendering himself unfit for duty.

Effectively those are the same thing I think.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
23-05-2017, 03:16 PM
Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch....

Fwum-fwum-fwum-fwum-fwum....

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
23-05-2017, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2017 06:53 PM by GirlyMan.)
(23-05-2017 11:02 AM)Cosmo Wrote:  But yes, Cosmo just learned, drugs make reality a shifty thingy indeed. Consider

The reality is that drugs don't make reality shifty, the reality is that reality is shifty to begin with. The drug just breaks the doors of perception to reveal that reality is indeed shifty. That is to say, by dicking with my sensors it allows me to fully appreciate that what I interpret as reality is a not a function of reality, but rather a function of my transducers, and to realize that reality is intrinsically inaccessible because of the energy transformation that occurs inside the transducer. I only have direct access to the output of the transform function. If you've done it enough times you don't need the drug anymore and can reproduce the same neural pattern at will.

These days the trend among neuroengineers is to microdose purple people eaters for a cognitive advantage.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-05-2017, 03:49 PM
(23-05-2017 11:02 AM)Cosmo Wrote:  and I guess before I continue the story, I really, don't recommend doing this at all if you enjoy being firmly grounded in reality, which I found out, I do! Very much so in fact. I will not be doing this again.

Anyways, so I dropped acid a few nights ago, honestly as more of a science experiment on my own mind than anything, and I have to say, I now understand a biochemists absolute fascination with the drug's ability to make reality and non reality indistinguishable. By the end of the night I had no idea what was real and what was not. I asked my roommates, on several different occasions, whom I'm pretty sure I scared the shit out of, if they were real or not. I still feel weird today, is kind of why I'm writing. I have this unshakeable energy, which I actually would really like to be rid of now as it's making sleeping quite difficult.

But yes, Cosmo just learned, drugs make reality a shifty thingy indeed. Consider

I don't like my reality shifty. I had too much of that growing up. That was a big part of the first part of my trip. Religion really is just total mind control. It's the matrix. And unplugging was one of the nicest parts of my life.

I guess bottom line is I truly am still reeling from this experience. It's like, did I unplug, or plug back in when I did that just now? Wtf. Has anyone also done LSD before? (If you're willing to share that is,) What was it like for you?

aRe yoU shUEe U've kom dOWn yETixd90s34jrk4h2khnb ..el0139jv???
Number nine? Number nine?

Big Grin

Kidding aside, I've done it on numerous occasions. Not so much in recent years, because I don't have the time.
For me, I always have to plan at least two days: one to trip, and one to recover from the effects of the trip.

I don't seem to carry much mental baggage after the trip; but a lot of physical.
The day after I always feel like I've been running a marathon and lifting weights all day.
And my face often hurts from smiling too much. Smile

In my experience, both direct, and around other journeying souls, what you get our of an acid trip has a lot to do with what you bring into it. It is, without a doubt, an extremely potent psychoactive drug. There are people whose normal daily lives are such bundles of insecurities, doubts, and neuroses, that I would NEVER recommend they do this drug, because it can accentuate those things to very uncomfortable levels, albeit briefly. Problem is, your time sense can go screwy too, and what's only lasting for a half hour may feel like something close to an eternity. (Having a strong time sense is helpful: I've been able to say to myself, "OK this is really freaking weird, but I know I only have to sit it out for another hour, at most...")

For me, it's a big, temporary change in perspective on the world. I have had overt hallucinatory experiences (like that time all the dandelions on the front lawn suddenly turned into snakes... fortunately, I like snakes). But to me that's not really the most interesting part of the experience. The attitude changes are much more fascinating. And trying to do normal every day activities like walk when the sidewalks have all gone bouncy, or play the guitar when the neck bends every time you look at it...

I've also learned to be careful about thinking the trip was over before it really had ended. Once after spending all day in a local park, I figured I was pretty much down, and went to a supermarket to get some munchies. When I walked in, the fluorescent lights triggered an immediate response, and I was back in the middle of strawberry fields. My buddies led me out of the store because I was laughing at the pickles, and people were starting to stare.

You trip in public at your own risk.

Bottom line: I like it, but I don't take it casually. I have to prepare myself, and allow plenty of time before and after. It's an experience I think that many mentally stable persons should probably have, but it's not something I'd recommend to just anyone. First time it's usually a good idea to do it with a well-experienced friend, who doesn't drop with you, that first time. He/she'll know what to do when you start drooling . Smile

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 3 users Like Dr H's post
23-05-2017, 03:52 PM
(23-05-2017 01:59 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Cosmo, I've never even been drunk much less dropped acid. (Why is it called "dropping acid" Huh )

It is a liquid and an eyedropper is used to drop the liquid on the tongue. More commonly, they soak a piece of absorbent paper or "blotter" in the liquid. A more fun explanation is that it's called dropping acid because when you take it you drop yourself. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-05-2017, 03:57 PM
(23-05-2017 03:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-05-2017 01:59 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Cosmo, I've never even been drunk much less dropped acid. (Why is it called "dropping acid" Huh )

It is a liquid and an eyedropper is used to drop the liquid on the tongue. More commonly, they soak a piece of absorbent paper or "blotter" in the liquid. A more fun explanation is that it's called dropping acid because when you take it you drop yourself. Big Grin

Humm. I never knew this. What I don't know about drugs could fill Yankee stadium.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
23-05-2017, 05:18 PM
I did acid several times in high school. Some trips were good and some not so good. That's why I quit doing it...too unpredictable.

The blotter I did one night was great.

Another time I did some and went to see the movie "Jeremiah Johnson". That was definitely a trip that is still etched in my mind. Over the years I have tried to watch the movie and can't...what I 'saw' the first time and what was really in the movie don't match up and it scrambles my brain.

Mid to late 70s. Blotter and Purple Haze seemed to be around the most though there was some Orange Sunshine that showed up.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post