I dropped LSD for the first time a few days ago...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2017, 06:03 PM
RE: I dropped LSD for the first time a few days ago...
Quote:That is to say, by dicking with my sensors it allows me to fully appreciate that what I interpret as reality is a not a function of reality, but rather a function of my transducers.

I guess that was the biggest revelation of all to me last night. To know it empirically is one thing. To experience it is another. Your brain 100% creates your reality.

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 6 ~
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmo's post
23-05-2017, 06:11 PM
I dropped LSD for the first time a few days ago...
I've never done acid but I've smoked some really strong Salvia Divinorum. It's the opposite of acid. It removes all sensory input. I didn't like it. For some reason I tried it a few times to make sure.
23-05-2017, 06:28 PM
Orange Sunshine ... ah yes, I remember it well. Shy

Early 80s was my uhm, growth period. I have always felt acid was fairly beneficial, if the experience was taken for what it's worth - a more in-depth look at and beyond one's own perspective... and maybe a couple of other perspectives as well. Wink

I only dropped a handful of times - probably seven to ten, my whole life. I was only ever a very low dosage experimenter and I rarely recall tripping longer than eight or ten hours - next full day was usually recovery time.

I think proper environment is key. If you are going to be with others in public, make certain you trust these people and make certain they know you will be doing what you are doing. I think it also advisable to have a "designated" straight man on hand, not that it would be a necessity but, expecting the unexpected is never a bad idea. Dodgy

I later learned that LSD sucks up all the vitamins and electrolytes meant for your brain so, please do have that shit on hand for proper recovery besides the standard munchies ... get some Gatorade, perhaps and maybe a few drops of liquid vitamins for quick absorption.
This has been a public service announcement. Angel

Oh also, here is an interesting note: LSD can help in treatment of alcoholism and depression and in further reading, it has reduced the average therapy patient's standard 20 years of psychoanalysis down to 4 years. For psychoanalysis they use extremely low doses and intensely guided 4 & 5 hour sessions. I find it all pretty fascinating. Shy

LSD: it's not just for college students anymore. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
23-05-2017, 06:45 PM
(23-05-2017 03:14 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(23-05-2017 02:39 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I'm sure that's what he told you, but what he undoubtedly got charged with was rendering himself unfit for duty.

Effectively those are the same thing I think.

Not even. I'm a retired CPO, I now every way a GI can screw up, I've seen somebody do each of them. GIs are NOT considered property. If they were property and died the paperwork would be awful.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-05-2017, 06:48 PM
In Sicily we got Fritos in a gallon can so they wouldn't be alive or horrible by the time they got there. One night on acid and some really nice Moroccan hash I had to open one of the cans, with a John Wayne. I'd make a few cuts, then the smell would hit and I'd freak. Then I'd go back at it. Starving with the munchies and too out of it to work a can opener.

Good times. Thumbsup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
23-05-2017, 06:55 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2017 06:58 PM by JesseB.)
(23-05-2017 06:45 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(23-05-2017 03:14 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Effectively those are the same thing I think.

Not even. I'm a retired CPO, I now every way a GI can screw up, I've seen somebody do each of them. GIs are NOT considered property. If they were property and died the paperwork would be awful.

LOLOLOLOL

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day! No joke, I get what you mean there. I had both parents 1 marine 1 navy, 2 uncles air force, 1 navy, so I'm not talking as someone who served just as someone who's been around them and seen what they have to put up with from the government.

I'll readily admit my dad might have been misrepresenting things a bit. Hell half the shit he tells me he's drunk when he says it (he's only ever sober at work). And that's when he's not shooting at me or assaulting me with a knife or beating the shit out of me with his bare hands. Granted since I was a small child I learned pretty quickly how to defend myself.... as best as can be expected (and when he comes after me I expect an injury, I just make sure I give as much as I take).

Edit^ When I was a child I fully expected to have been forced to kill my father by now. In fact most of my childhood when I fought back my intent was to kill him. After all his intent was to kill me. My dad told me once that as a child I was scary lol Don't try to kill me and I won't try to kill you back asshole! Fucking idiot.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
24-05-2017, 09:43 AM
Quote:Orange Sunshine ... ah yes, I remember it well. Shy

Early 80s was my uhm, growth period. I have always felt acid was fairly beneficial, if the experience was taken for what it's worth - a more in-depth look at and beyond one's own perspective... and maybe a couple of other perspectives as well. Wink

I only dropped a handful of times - probably seven to ten, my whole life. I was only ever a very low dosage experimenter and I rarely recall tripping longer than eight or ten hours - next full day was usually recovery time.

Yeah I was exhausted afterwards. Hadn't slept in so long.

Quote:I think proper environment is key. If you are going to be with others in public, make certain you trust these people and make certain they know you will be doing what you are doing. I think it also advisable to have a "designated" straight man on hand, not that it would be a necessity but, expecting the unexpected is never a bad idea.

We actually did not. I agree that this would have been helped me not to entertain this simulation idea for such a long time.

Quote:I later learned that LSD sucks up all the vitamins and electrolytes meant for your brain so, please do have that shit on hand for proper recovery besides the standard munchies ... get some Gatorade, perhaps and maybe a few drops of liquid vitamins for quick absorption.
This has been a public service announcement.

That makes sense cuz the next day I had a craving for that Lemon Vitamin Water stuff.

Quote:Oh also, here is an interesting note: LSD can help in treatment of alcoholism and depression and in further reading, it has reduced the average therapy patient's standard 20 years of psychoanalysis down to 4 years. For psychoanalysis they use extremely low doses and intensely guided 4 & 5 hour sessions. I find it all pretty fascinating.

LSD: it's not just for college students anymore.

Interesting. I've actually heard this before.

*Runs off to read

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 6 ~
24-05-2017, 09:54 AM
(23-05-2017 06:03 PM)Cosmo Wrote:  I guess that was the biggest revelation of all to me last night. To know it empirically is one thing. To experience it is another. Your brain 100% creates your reality.

Yes, but from what? Hopefully from not too many removes from the external world itself. Otherwise the process wouldn't be hardwired.
24-05-2017, 09:58 AM
(23-05-2017 11:02 AM)Cosmo Wrote:  Anyways, so I dropped acid a few nights ago...

Uh... acid? Sulphuric, hydrochloric, nitric? Probably OK on pure wool carpet, but I'd be guessing anything synthetic would be ratshit. Did you get it cleaned up alright?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
24-05-2017, 09:58 AM
(24-05-2017 09:54 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(23-05-2017 06:03 PM)Cosmo Wrote:  I guess that was the biggest revelation of all to me last night. To know it empirically is one thing. To experience it is another. Your brain 100% creates your reality.

Yes, but from what? Hopefully from not too many removes from the external world itself. Otherwise the process wouldn't be hardwired.

How hardwired is the imagination? Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein