I dropped LSD for the first time a few days ago...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2017, 10:11 AM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2017 11:22 AM by Mr. Boston.)
RE: I dropped LSD for the first time a few days ago...
I've dabbled in psychedelics but not recently. The last time was probably 4 or 5 years ago and that was mushrooms - I prefer mushrooms to acid. I've found acid produces more of a nervous energy with twitches and foot-tapping and stuff like that. Last time around we had a quantity of mushrooms that would've made two guys trip pretty hard but we split it 3 ways by brewing tea and it wasn't overwhelming at all. We basically sat around playing guitars, watching movies, and laughing our asses off.

When I've tripped I've somehow always managed to stay rooted in the truth that it is just a chemical reaction and that the "episode" will pass. Some people I've tripped with have had a harder time staying tethered to reality though. For such people I can imagine it could easily be a very terrifying experience.

In my own trips I've never experienced it the way it's often portrayed in movies; like you end up turning into a marshmallow and hanging out with Sasquatch or something. I've never hallucinated to the point of seeing or interacting with people and objects that weren't actually there. Mostly it's altered my sensual perception of my environment; light and dark, color, sound, temperature, etc. Some say hallucinogens sharpen your senses - my experience has been a bit different. I would say it amplifies but also sort of blends my senses. I'm more acutely aware of the surrounding stimuli but find it harder to distinguish my reaction to sight from my reaction to sound or smell - it all gets kind of braided together. It's precisely the awareness of the connectivity of things that's been the most tangible result of "expanded consciousness" for me.

I remember tripping at a concert once and I could feel the bass sort of pounding against my sternum, at the same time the sun was warm on my skin but there was also an occasional cool breeze that would give me goosebumps, and of course the ever-present aroma of weed and clove cigarettes. My mind sort of combined all these things into one sensory experience. It was a very tactile sensation, I perceived it almost as the music having a "texture" - like I was being wrapped up in a fuzzy blanket of sound, or like each bass note was hitting me like a water balloon full of some kind of warm syrup that then spread over my body. This was how it "felt" but I never claimed to actually SEE water balloons coming at me. I actually found it very comforting. Somehow I was able to remember it wasn't real and I just kind of rolled with it.

I'm a person who thinks "control" is generally over-rated and I don't mind departing from it on occasion. I like to take little trips. Expanded consciousness is nice for a visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Mr. Boston's post
24-05-2017, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2017 10:39 AM by Stefan Mayerschoff.)
(23-05-2017 12:06 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Acid isn't for everyone...

adds appropriate tripping music

That is one of my all time favorite albums, and I've never done any kind of drug ever.

Unfortunately, they never quite recaptured the magic of that first album with their subsequent offerings. I think the continual lineup changes had a lot to do with it, plus Greg Lake's voice was by far the best fit.

ETA: I see the album cover image didn't come through in my reply...posted again below so what I'm referring to is less obscure.

[Image: king_crim_courtf.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Stefan Mayerschoff's post
24-05-2017, 10:28 AM
Never done LSD/Acid, altering reality that much doesn't seem a real "want" for me. I've done pretty much everything else that isn't in a needle, which I would never do, which only really weed and E's did anything for me.

Even then, I haven't done anything of that nature in yeeears lol.

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
25-05-2017, 01:09 PM
Quote:I've dabbled in psychedelics but not recently. The last time was probably 4 or 5 years ago and that was mushrooms - I prefer mushrooms to acid. I've found acid produces more of a nervous energy with twitches and foot-tapping and stuff like that. Last time around we had a quantity of mushrooms that would've made two guys trip pretty hard but we split it 3 ways by brewing tea and it wasn't overwhelming at all. We basically sat around playing guitars, watching movies, and laughing our asses off.

Yeah I like mushrooms a lot. More than acid I think now that I've tried both.

[quite]When I've tripped I've somehow always managed to stay rooted in the truth that it is just a chemical reaction and that the "episode" will pass. Some people I've tripped with have had a harder time staying tethered to reality though. For such people I can imagine it could easily be a very terrifying experience. [/quote]

Acid was the first time I ever had experienced a lack of grounding, so to speak. Mushrooms had never done that to me before.

Quote:In my own trips I've never experienced it the way it's often portrayed in movies; like you end up turning into a marshmallow and hanging out with Sasquatch or something. I've never hallucinated to the point of seeing or interacting with people and objects that weren't actually there. Mostly it's altered my sensual perception of my environment; light and dark, color, sound, temperature, etc. Some say hallucinogens sharpen your senses - my experience has been a bit different. I would say it amplifies but also sort of blends my senses. I'm more acutely aware of the surrounding stimuli but find it harder to distinguish my reaction to sight from my reaction to sound or smell - it all gets kind of braided together. It's precisely the awareness of the connectivity of things that's been the most tangible result of "expanded consciousness" for me.

Yeah I've heard a blurring of the senses can happen. I didn't really experience that. Colours became more vibrant, sounds and smells became more acute. I don't remember there being any significant difference in taste and touch though. I didn't eat anything so no favour difference makes sense.

I wonder what eating candy would be like on acid. Lol.

[quote]I remember tripping at a concert once and I could feel the bass sort of pounding against my sternum, at the same time the sun was warm on my skin but there was also an occasional cool breeze that would give me goosebumps, and of course the ever-present aroma of weed and clove cigarettes. My mind sort of combined all these things into one sensory experience. It was a very tactile sensation, I perceived it almost as the music having a "texture" - like I was being wrapped up in a fuzzy blanket of sound, or like each bass note was hitting me like a water balloon full of some kind of warm syrup that then spread over my body. This was how it "felt" but I never claimed to actually SEE water balloons coming at me. I actually found it very comforting. Somehow I was able to remember it wasn't real and I just kind of rolled with it.

I'm a person who thinks "control" is generally over-rated and I don't mind departing from it on occasion. I like to take little trips. Expanded consciousness is nice for a visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.[/quoite]

That sounds like a pretty fantastic experience. Smile

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
25-05-2017, 03:00 PM
"Governments around the world consider mushrooms and LSD to be among the most dangerous illicit substances, but a new survey of drug users suggests that these psychedelics are actually some of the safest."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/glob...mg00000063
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
25-05-2017, 03:10 PM
(23-05-2017 11:02 AM)Cosmo Wrote:  and I guess before I continue the story, I really, don't recommend doing this at all if you enjoy being firmly grounded in reality, which I found out, I do! Very much so in fact. I will not be doing this again.

Anyways, so I dropped acid a few nights ago, honestly as more of a science experiment on my own mind than anything, and I have to say, I now understand a biochemists absolute fascination with the drug's ability to make reality and non reality indistinguishable. By the end of the night I had no idea what was real and what was not. I asked my roommates, on several different occasions, whom I'm pretty sure I scared the shit out of, if they were real or not. I still feel weird today, is kind of why I'm writing. I have this unshakeable energy, which I actually would really like to be rid of now as it's making sleeping quite difficult.

But yes, Cosmo just learned, drugs make reality a shifty thingy indeed. Consider

I don't like my reality shifty. I had too much of that growing up. That was a big part of the first part of my trip. Religion really is just total mind control. It's the matrix. And unplugging was one of the nicest parts of my life.

I guess bottom line is I truly am still reeling from this experience. It's like, did I unplug, or plug back in when I did that just now? Wtf. Has anyone also done LSD before? (If you're willing to share that is,) What was it like for you?

I did that 3 times when I was a teen, and I agree, not good. I'd didn't freak me out but I did see others on it at the same time who did get paranoid and aggressive.. Me personally I quit because in both cases I felt like i was going to have a heart attack when I was coming down off of it.

But you know what, even with beer as a teen, stupid, I was so stupid and I could have gotten into alot of trouble. And my mom was a teacher at the time, I could have gotten her into trouble too. I am lucky I outgrew all that crap.

I say stick to the legal stuff, and if you insist on say smoking pot or drinking, just dont drive. And 21 or over only.

Wise decision.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-05-2017, 04:29 PM
(23-05-2017 06:11 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I've never done acid but I've smoked some really strong Salvia Divinorum. It's the opposite of acid. It removes all sensory input. I didn't like it. For some reason I tried it a few times to make sure.

Ouch. Sounds like what PCP did to me. Tunnel vision; skin numb; felt like I was paralyzed and couldn't get out of the chair.
Thinking "hmm... this drug makes you feel like your dying ... and people do it for FUN??"

Yeah, I did it twice more, to be sure. Facepalm
Wouldn't touch it for love or money, now.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
25-05-2017, 04:39 PM
(24-05-2017 10:11 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  I would say it amplifies but also sort of blends my senses. I'm more acutely aware of the surrounding stimuli but find it harder to distinguish my reaction to sight from my reaction to sound or smell - it all gets kind of braided together.
Yes and yes. Synesthesia, even. Mescaline does that to me, reliably.
Acid, kinda hit or miss on full synesthesia, but the blending is almost always there.

Quote:It was a very tactile sensation, I perceived it almost as the music having a "texture" - like I was being wrapped up in a fuzzy blanket of sound, or like each bass note was hitting me like a water balloon full of some kind of warm syrup that then spread over my body.
What I remember most from my first few trips was that tactile impressions seemed to be affected the most.
(Bouncy sidewalks and bendy guitars, and such. Smile )

--
Dr H

25-05-2017, 04:42 PM
(25-05-2017 01:09 PM)Cosmo Wrote:  I didn't eat anything so no favour difference makes sense.

I find it next to impossible to eat while tripping.
The texture of anything I put in my mouth just becomes way too weird . . .

--
Dr H

25-05-2017, 04:53 PM
(25-05-2017 04:42 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(25-05-2017 01:09 PM)Cosmo Wrote:  I didn't eat anything so no favour difference makes sense.

I find it next to impossible to eat while tripping.
The texture of anything I put in my mouth just becomes way too weird . . .

I think everyone responds differently to any drug.

The 3 times I dropped all I wanted to do was eat.

Last time I was tripping at a pizza place. Had a conversation with Jerry Luis on the gumball machine. No, I really knew he wasn't talking to me, but I knew the LSD was having fun with my brain.

I stopped because when I would come down from it I felt like I was going to have a heart attack.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user