I exist so I must be saved!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2011, 01:49 PM
RE: I exist so I must be saved!
(20-03-2011 08:23 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  I don't understand this concept: "You're not saved!"
What exactly am I not saved from? My sin? I need to be forgiven of my sin? What is sin? Existing? So I need to be saved because I exist?
God has given us standards of right and wrong that we are to follow. Sin is the violation of these standards and will be punished. Here is a test that you can take to see whether you have lived up to these standards.

http://needgod.com/004.shtml

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2011, 02:26 PM

(20-03-2011 08:23 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  I don't understand this concept: "You're not saved!"
What exactly am I not saved from? My sin? I need to be forgiven of my sin? What is sin? Existing? So I need to be saved because I exist?

Gene Roddenberry
, the creator of Star Trek, said it best.

“We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes”

So in effect, Redemption is asking to be redeemed from the condition which god made humans to suffer as created damned sinners.And Salvation is the method by which one then redeemed, saves themselves from the all knowing creator that would otherwise send them to hell for not thinking both those opportunities (redemption & salvation) proves his love for them. [Image: 1.gif]

One can not respect nor exercise the rational intellect and be a Christian.
Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Quote:God has given us standards of right and wrong that we are to follow.
Which of the 1000+ gods would that be ?
Why would I care for said rules if I have no proof said god exists.

It's like saying the magic dragon punishes those that wear pink.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
22-03-2011, 05:48 PM

(22-03-2011 03:29 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  
Quote:God has given us standards of right and wrong that we are to follow.

It's like saying the magic dragon punishes those that wear pink.

Yeah, but I could respect a magic dragon, partly because my favorite color is purple. Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2011, 12:46 AM
(22-03-2011 05:48 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  Yeah, but I could respect a magic dragon, partly because my favorite color is purple. Tongue

Me thinks you are mixing up the magic dragon and the purple people eater. Tongue

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
23-03-2011, 07:19 AM
(23-03-2011 12:46 AM)No J. Wrote:  
(22-03-2011 05:48 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  Yeah, but I could respect a magic dragon, partly because my favorite color is purple. Tongue

Me thinks you are mixing up the magic dragon and the purple people eater. Tongue

Purple people eater - would that be the tentacle from "Day of the tentacle" ?Big Grin

24-03-2011, 12:23 AM
(23-03-2011 07:19 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Purple people eater - would that be the tentacle from "Day of the tentacle" ?Big Grin

No, it's from an old song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJN1Bl52Nhg&feature=fvst

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
24-03-2011, 01:57 PM
@NoJ
What the watch did I just fuck ?! Huh

25-03-2011, 05:43 PM
You can find that song, and others like it, on a compilation album called Goofy Greats. The capiest, goofiest tunes that I ever heard.