I feel bad for Brock Turner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2016, 07:25 PM
RE: I feel bad for Brock Turner
(12-06-2016 07:00 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  You guys don't even fucking know me, yet you call me a rapist and a sociopath and a rape apologist. That's fucking outrageous, like there are no words. There's nothing I can imagine saying to any of you that would get it through your mind to stop being vindictive fucking piles of fucking shit and god DAMN it I just feel like slamming my fucking fingers against he key board when I type this. I fucking HATE YOU! You don't even know me and you treat me like I'm some mad man piece of shit, WELL FUCK YOU!

We don't know you in person. However, we do have thousands of your words' worth of your self revelation. But of course we could all be wrong. How about you share this thread with someone who knows you, like your mom or your best female friend, see what they think?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
12-06-2016, 07:26 PM
(12-06-2016 07:19 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 07:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Explain what you are saying then. And remember that everything else you have said is here for reference.

Explain what I'm saying? No, you tell me what you want me to elaborate on, maybe I'll elaborate on it, but I'm not just going to guess what you want me to explain. You have to do some interpretation for yourself.

Go back and read post 96...is your ability to follow along that bad?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
12-06-2016, 07:26 PM
(12-06-2016 07:14 PM)‘Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  ...sending people to jail like caged animals doesn’t do anything for them.

We’re not sending them there for their benefit, we’re sending them there for ours.

(12-06-2016 07:14 PM)‘Mittens Deluxe’ Wrote:  I feel bad for those people and having empathy is something that should be respected and admired.

Showing empathy for the perpetrator of a crime and none for the victims isn’t something to be respected or admired. Your logic is twisted.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
12-06-2016, 07:27 PM
(12-06-2016 07:14 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  I never said that we shouldn't create a system that handles people who stuff that's wrong, I just think the one we have in place is tragic, sending people to jail like caged animals doesn't do anything for them. I feel bad for those people and having empathy is something that should be respected and admired.

If you want to reform the prison system I will fully support that. But it will take a serious re-evaluation of what the purpose of prison IS. And, in cases like this, removing people from the general population is a good and laudable goal. He HURT someone. Badly. He should not be around the rest of the population.

And, again, you are in a forum where you have stated that you do NOT have sympathy or empathy for the victim. Only for the rapist. And you have said this AROUND SURVIVORS OF RAPE AND SEXUAL ASSAULT. Do you not see why this might be poorly received?

Since you have conceded that a system of deterrance is needed, perhaps we can get rid of this whole "I feel good when murderers get away with shit because they can't help it" shtick. If that is your position then there is a problem. But if the position is that our criminal justice system is seriously flawed then we can work from there. If you have some ideas on how to reform the criminal justice system then wonderful. But when you come into a public place and state that you have no sympathy for rape victims you are going to be treated very poorly.
[+] 4 users Like natachan's post
12-06-2016, 07:29 PM
(12-06-2016 07:23 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 07:17 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  That's not what I said.

Mittens, I am with you in as far as the current system not working for anyone, really. And I talk every chance I get about an alternate system. I am anti punishment. I am pro fixing the situation. People who hurt other people need to be removed from society so they can't do it again. That's a given.

They need to be removed long enough to realize that hurting others is a really stupid idea.

And if incorrigible, they need to be given a basic cell with basic nutrition and books. They can work on computers for money to improve their living situation, just like they would as free people.

Not because they need to be punished - they didn't choose to be wired the way they are. But to protect others.
Yeah, I agree with that. I just wish there was a better way. I almost feel like if we changed the dichotomy of the world, and it wasn't so much about punishing people and creating a good guy vs bad guy dichotomy, if there would be less anger and a defacto lower amount of angry people. Because that seems to be a common denominator, is that a lot of people who commit crimes are angry at the world for one reason or another, or like you said they just lack the capacity to feel empathy, which is a real condition just like anything else. That is why I feel full sympathy for Brock Turner, that's why I have always been fascinated with criminal behavior, I've watched so many documentaries and I could name so many mass murderers, because I've basically studied these people. The human mind is fascinating.

I'm not happy with the world. You people see me as a troll or someone who's just immature and stupid, you mistake me. I am disturbed by the world, just as much as you find the world disturbing too, but I have a different way of looking at it. Btw, I hope you all keep giving me negative feedback and rating my profile as a rape apologist and rapist profile, because regardless of how serious I am about this, that is fucking hilarious. Everyone who did that is so fucking dumb, it's amusing.
12-06-2016, 07:30 PM
(12-06-2016 07:25 PM)julep Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 07:00 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  You guys don't even fucking know me, yet you call me a rapist and a sociopath and a rape apologist. That's fucking outrageous, like there are no words. There's nothing I can imagine saying to any of you that would get it through your mind to stop being vindictive fucking piles of fucking shit and god DAMN it I just feel like slamming my fucking fingers against he key board when I type this. I fucking HATE YOU! You don't even know me and you treat me like I'm some mad man piece of shit, WELL FUCK YOU!

We don't know you in person. However, we do have thousands of your words' worth of your self revelation. But of course we could all be wrong. How about you share this thread with someone who knows you, like your mom or your best female friend, see what they think?
I talked with my mom and she says she thinks I have brilliant ideas, but I just need to word them in a way that doesn't offend others. I'm not kidding, she said that, she thinks that I have good ideas, but it's just the way I word them that comes across wrong to people.
12-06-2016, 07:33 PM
(12-06-2016 07:01 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 06:57 AM)julep Wrote:  So you're okay with consequences for everybody but the criminal and have empathy for criminals rather than victims. I vehemently disagree.

If you decide to rape someone, I hope the negative consequences for you personally are swift, severe, and permanent.
You've gotta be kidding me with this. So you're accusing me of being a potential rapist?

No, you are admitting yourself to be a potential rapist. Pointing out that you think the poor rapist was damaged more than his victim!
12-06-2016, 07:35 PM
(12-06-2016 07:30 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 07:25 PM)julep Wrote:  We don't know you in person. However, we do have thousands of your words' worth of your self revelation. But of course we could all be wrong. How about you share this thread with someone who knows you, like your mom or your best female friend, see what they think?
I talked with my mom and she says she thinks I have brilliant ideas, but I just need to word them in a way that doesn't offend others. I'm not kidding, she said that, she thinks that I have good ideas, but it's just the way I word them that comes across wrong to people.

Many women have been raped, You might ask Mommy how she would feel if she had been raped and you sided with her attacker. You need help, serious help.
(12-06-2016 07:30 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 07:25 PM)julep Wrote:  We don't know you in person. However, we do have thousands of your words' worth of your self revelation. But of course we could all be wrong. How about you share this thread with someone who knows you, like your mom or your best female friend, see what they think?

Did you show her what you wrote? Especially the posts about how you don't give a fuck about the woman who was raped? Or did you talk around it?

Show her the thread, then see what she says. If you were my kid-- I have an 18-year-old son--I would be horrified and extremely worried.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
(12-06-2016 07:33 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 07:01 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  You've gotta be kidding me with this. So you're accusing me of being a potential rapist?

No, you are admitting yourself to be a potential rapist. Pointing out that you think the poor rapist was damaged more than his victim!

I didn't say that.