I feel bad for Brock Turner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2016, 07:36 PM
RE: I feel bad for Brock Turner
(12-06-2016 07:29 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 07:23 PM)Dom Wrote:  Mittens, I am with you in as far as the current system not working for anyone, really. And I talk every chance I get about an alternate system. I am anti punishment. I am pro fixing the situation. People who hurt other people need to be removed from society so they can't do it again. That's a given.

They need to be removed long enough to realize that hurting others is a really stupid idea.

And if incorrigible, they need to be given a basic cell with basic nutrition and books. They can work on computers for money to improve their living situation, just like they would as free people.

Not because they need to be punished - they didn't choose to be wired the way they are. But to protect others.
Yeah, I agree with that. I just wish there was a better way. I almost feel like if we changed the dichotomy of the world, and it wasn't so much about punishing people and creating a good guy vs bad guy dichotomy, if there would be less anger and a defacto lower amount of angry people. Because that seems to be a common denominator, is that a lot of people who commit crimes are angry at the world for one reason or another, or like you said they just lack the capacity to feel empathy, which is a real condition just like anything else. That is why I feel full sympathy for Brock Turner, that's why I have always been fascinated with criminal behavior, I've watched so many documentaries and I could name so many mass murderers, because I've basically studied these people. The human mind is fascinating.

I'm not happy with the world. You people see me as a troll or someone who's just immature and stupid, you mistake me. I am disturbed by the world, just as much as you find the world disturbing too, but I have a different way of looking at it. Btw, I hope you all keep giving me negative feedback and rating my profile as a rape apologist and rapist profile, because regardless of how serious I am about this, that is fucking hilarious. Everyone who did that is so fucking dumb, it's amusing.

Maybe cut down on the ad hominems will mean you get less of them thrown at you?

I think you have the cause and effect wrong - people are angry first - because they feel empathy for victims - and then they want to punish.

While I don't ascribe guilt to perpetrators because I don't believe in free will and because mental illness is so misunderstood still - the fact remains that such individuals need to be removed to keep the population safe.

I just prefer that it be done in a rational manner and not out of vengeance and blame.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
12-06-2016, 07:43 PM
(12-06-2016 07:35 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 07:33 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  No, you are admitting yourself to be a potential rapist. Pointing out that you think the poor rapist was damaged more than his victim!

I didn't say that.

Read over the shit you have posted, you did too say that.
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
12-06-2016, 07:47 PM
(12-06-2016 07:29 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 07:23 PM)Dom Wrote:  Mittens, I am with you in as far as the current system not working for anyone, really. And I talk every chance I get about an alternate system. I am anti punishment. I am pro fixing the situation. People who hurt other people need to be removed from society so they can't do it again. That's a given.

They need to be removed long enough to realize that hurting others is a really stupid idea.

And if incorrigible, they need to be given a basic cell with basic nutrition and books. They can work on computers for money to improve their living situation, just like they would as free people.

Not because they need to be punished - they didn't choose to be wired the way they are. But to protect others.
Yeah, I agree with that. I just wish there was a better way. I almost feel like if we changed the dichotomy of the world, and it wasn't so much about punishing people and creating a good guy vs bad guy dichotomy, if there would be less anger and a defacto lower amount of angry people. Because that seems to be a common denominator, is that a lot of people who commit crimes are angry at the world for one reason or another, or like you said they just lack the capacity to feel empathy, which is a real condition just like anything else. That is why I feel full sympathy for Brock Turner, that's why I have always been fascinated with criminal behavior, I've watched so many documentaries and I could name so many mass murderers, because I've basically studied these people. The human mind is fascinating.

Full sympathy for a man who violated another human.
You sure you don't want to walk that back?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
12-06-2016, 07:48 PM
(12-06-2016 07:30 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 07:25 PM)julep Wrote:  We don't know you in person. However, we do have thousands of your words' worth of your self revelation. But of course we could all be wrong. How about you share this thread with someone who knows you, like your mom or your best female friend, see what they think?
I talked with my mom and she says she thinks I have brilliant ideas, but I just need to word them in a way that doesn't offend others. I'm not kidding, she said that, she thinks that I have good ideas, but it's just the way I word them that comes across wrong to people.

Has it ever occurred to you she's just being polite? It really doesn't matter if your momma thinks you're a fucking genius. It's what you do with your so-called smarts that count.

When you wrote about how Brock will be punished forever because he'll have to register as a sex offender as far as I'm concerned you flew straight off the reservation.

You have demonstrated through your numerous words that you have zero sympathy for the victim. You disregard the testimony and rapist's conviction by his peers. As I said earlier so what if he has to register. I hope his life is miserable because that's exactly what he deserves. He raped an unconscious woman behind a dumpster. He was caught in the middle of the act.

Then you become pissy with members of this forum because we disagree.

Yeah you can go fuck off now.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 9 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-06-2016, 07:52 PM
(12-06-2016 07:47 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 07:29 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  Yeah, I agree with that. I just wish there was a better way. I almost feel like if we changed the dichotomy of the world, and it wasn't so much about punishing people and creating a good guy vs bad guy dichotomy, if there would be less anger and a defacto lower amount of angry people. Because that seems to be a common denominator, is that a lot of people who commit crimes are angry at the world for one reason or another, or like you said they just lack the capacity to feel empathy, which is a real condition just like anything else. That is why I feel full sympathy for Brock Turner, that's why I have always been fascinated with criminal behavior, I've watched so many documentaries and I could name so many mass murderers, because I've basically studied these people. The human mind is fascinating.

Full sympathy for a man who violated another human.
You sure you don't want to walk that back?

Too late, Mittens grabbed the shovel and proceeded to angrily dig faster.

Currently he's laying in it holding a single lily, expecting sympathy.

Which can be found in the dictionary somewhere between shit and syphills.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 9 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-06-2016, 07:54 PM
About registering as sexual offender - not too long ago most people lived in small communities. Everyone knew everything you did. If you raped someone, or committed another crime, it was known to everyone you met.

The disclosure that sex offenders are living in your neighborhood just puts you back to the way it has always been - people know who they are dealing with and are able to take precautions so they don't fall victim.

It's not for the purpose of shaming, it's for protection of the innocent.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
12-06-2016, 08:07 PM
(12-06-2016 07:19 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 07:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Explain what you are saying then. And remember that everything else you have said is here for reference.

Explain what I'm saying? No, you tell me what you want me to elaborate on, maybe I'll elaborate on it, but I'm not just going to guess what you want me to explain. You have to do some interpretation for yourself.

Facepalm You've got to be kidding.
You.
No, you.
No, you.

What are you here to do, Mittsy?
Are you here to get your shit together and learn about the world and yourself?
Or are you here to just keep your brain stagnating in someone else's tedious rhetoric, that you once read because you thought it made you "seem smart"?

The former is tough - possibly the toughest thing you'll ever attempt.
The latter is easy. That is, until it becomes real unattractive to people around you who have outgrown you.

The former will keep you content in your later years. The latter will make you bitter and resentful of life.

Looks as if you have some choices to make.

Stick around if you want... this is probably the best place to learn. Oh... if you think some here are being tough on you now ... too fucking bad. Having a few good ideas is great but, even the best of intentions can't justify faulty logic, twisted reasoning, and lack of compassion and empathy.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
12-06-2016, 08:12 PM
(12-06-2016 08:18 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 07:42 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  No, I'm not going to read a whole book. If you are too bored to construct an argument, why should I bother?
It's one of the most highly rated books of all time, it won a Nobel prize. It's by Albert Camus.

No, it didn't. Camus won the Novel Prize in Literature for his body of work.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
12-06-2016, 08:16 PM
(12-06-2016 07:30 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  I talked with my mom and she says she thinks I have brilliant ideas, but I just need to word them in a way that doesn't offend others. I'm not kidding, she said that, she thinks that I have good ideas, but it's just the way I word them that comes across wrong to people.

[Image: 6a2f1b4c2316542e58265056e15bf462.jpg]

[Image: 38947017.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
12-06-2016, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2016 08:36 PM by Anjele.)
Sadly, Mittens is not the only forum member who has no empathy for the victim and has stated that the rape was a mistake, an oops, a simple error in judgement instead of the violent act that it was.

It's unsettling to think that in our little world here there are two people willing to state such things.

How many people overall think the same? Obviously this guy's parents and the judge and the list surely is much longer than that.

Disgusting. Simply disgusting.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post