I feel bad for Brock Turner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2016, 07:42 AM
RE: I feel bad for Brock Turner
(13-06-2016 07:34 AM)skyking Wrote:  I have purposely stayed out of this thread, but I have to say returning Mitten's bits of profanity with such vitriol is harmful to anyone and helpful to none. I too find fault in how he presents, and what it seems he is saying but he can be wrong. It can't always be this big patting on the back positive place, but please be nicer to everybody including yourselves.

Now I gotta pat this boyo on the head after the stinking offal he's sent forth with every single post? No thanks. He's well demonstrated that he can dish it out. If that's the case he can bloody well take it too. Dodgy

Every single time someone's dared to disagree with him he's come back with "bits of profanity" indicating he's not really that interested in discussion. Add to that he's engaging in rape apology - what he calls it I'm not interested in but people have quoted him multiple times *directly* which proves that that is what it *is*. So what if we hurt his poor feelings? He's apparently 21. He's a fucken adult.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post
13-06-2016, 07:49 AM
(13-06-2016 07:42 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 07:34 AM)skyking Wrote:  I have purposely stayed out of this thread, but I have to say returning Mitten's bits of profanity with such vitriol is harmful to anyone and helpful to none. I too find fault in how he presents, and what it seems he is saying but he can be wrong. It can't always be this big patting on the back positive place, but please be nicer to everybody including yourselves.

Now I gotta pat this boyo on the head after the stinking offal he's sent forth with every single post? No thanks. He's well demonstrated that he can dish it out. If that's the case he can bloody well take it too. Dodgy

Every single time someone's dared to disagree with him he's come back with "bits of profanity" indicating he's not really that interested in discussion. Add to that he's engaging in rape apology - what he calls it I'm not interested in but people have quoted him multiple times *directly* which proves that that is what it *is*. So what if we hurt his poor feelings? He's apparently 21. He's a fucken adult.

The problem with vitriol is that it totally obscures any kind of conversation.

Someone starts it, then it gets returned, and again and again and we have a thread of mutual abuse without any consideration of the actual topic.

I find the topic of guilt very interesting and wish it could be discussed.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
13-06-2016, 07:59 AM
I don't disagree that there are a lot of interesting issues to take up. He's right in a lot of points, such as how it is odd in a deterministic universe that we hold people guilty of actions, and how the criminal justice system needs to be reformed. I don't disagree. The first is an interesting philosophic discussion. The second is a serious problem that needs addressing. But his presentation leaves a lot to be desired. Whether or not he likes it he is using the language of rape apologists. I'll grant that I don't think he's TRYING to do that, but it shows a lack of judgement on his part.
[+] 3 users Like natachan's post
13-06-2016, 08:13 AM
(13-06-2016 07:42 AM)morondog Wrote:  

It's not carrot or stick. He's wrong I agree. I really don't care so much about his feelings.
I don't see all the abusiveness as adding to the conversation.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
13-06-2016, 08:16 AM
(12-06-2016 09:42 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 09:22 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  God. It's like people say harsh shit to me and they don't expect me to respond to them.

I gave you every benefit of the fucking doubt, and I was more than polite. Then about 4 ignored posts in, you said you didn't care for the victim, and tried to equivocate and say that the rapist was also a victim of his own rape. That's when you lost me. That displayed such a shocking lack of empathy for the actual victim (who, unlike the rapist, was actually raped; you shockingly seem unable to tell the difference), it retroactively made everything you posted before sound like utter bullshit.

You dug that hole.

(12-06-2016 09:22 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  It's like, what the fuck, I haven't been aggressive or intentionally inflammatory at all in this entire thread, but others have sure as hell done that to me.

Because you equivocated the plight of the rapist with his victim. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but being veterans of many religious debates, most the the people here are not a fan of bullshit equivocation.

(12-06-2016 09:22 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  That's actually filled me with some pride and calm, because I realize that you can stand up to the face of ignorance and bullying, because look at how it's made absolutely no difference.

"So you can see how I would sympathize with him, and not really care about the rape victim. He's now a second rape victim."

You are entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to call you a stupid, heartless, motherfucker for it.

(12-06-2016 09:22 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  That's their fault for not understanding the points that I'm making, and I really don't care about how I come across.

The sign of failed communicator.

(12-06-2016 09:22 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  No, I don't care what you say about me trying to find provocation, because I being 100% honest and sincere when I say that I did not make this thread to provoke other people. I am just being serious. And all the accusations of me being a sociopath, a rape apologist, and even a fucking rapist, it's laughable.

Once again, for the record.

"So you can see how I would sympathize with him, and not really care about the rape victim. He's now a second rape victim."

^ NEWS FLASH: That makes you a rape apologist. You just equated being a rapist with being the victim of rape. ^

(12-06-2016 09:22 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  That's complete verbal dog shit, you really think that's something I should take to heart? I'm sorry, but if you think I should take that sort of cruelty to heart, then you're one sadistic fuck.

The only sadistic fuck here is the one equating being a rapist with being a rape victim.

So that means you.

I did not ignore your posts, I read them all and I don't like doing that thing where I address every single one of your posts. However, the posts where I was replying to no one in particular following your posts were actually made after reading the posts you had made, so in a sense they were somewhat of a response to what you said. It was partially a response to your writing that I made those posts.

A lot of people have been telling me that I lack empathy for rape victims, that's a load of fucking sloppy shit. I feel disturbed when I hear interviews of rape victims, I was listening to one just the other day when I was at a benefit event for rape victims, I watched their testimony of abuse and recovery, it was uncomfortable to me and made me feel disturbed and my muscles twitch when I am disturbed.

So to say that I don't care about rape victims is patently false. However, the damage has already been done. These narrow minded idiots have already damaged my reputation from this thread, with their incessant negative feedback on my profile. I say good. Let it be shown how insipid these people can be, if they're so ignorant that they feel the need to go on my profile and spew such hatred towards me. I am the one who has the enlightened point of view.

I've said it before, though it was once misconstrued, because the meaning of what I said isn't what you may think. You may think I'm saying that I am an enlightened human being, I know that there's a lot of angry people here who would be eager to jump down my throat for saying this, because they and I know that I am not an enlightened human being, although I'm not negating what I said or meant in my previous posts. My point of view is enlightened, because it steps outside of the black and white dichotomy that everyone else around me has set up. Morality is a grey area, and I do not believe in a good or bad person. I believe that people are only what they are, because to ascribe some sort of moral base to a person would essentially be ascribing morality to the fundamental nature of the universe. We are inextricably a part of this universe, there is no separation of the two.

Now, people have proven how small minded and quick to judge they are, because the things I've said would have been easily laughed off, as they have been when I'm in better company. I suppose that maybe it comes down to my sensibilities in speaking, which it seems only people who know me best can know when I am being serious or not. One such thing which a lot of people seem to be have been upset at me over was me saying that I do not give a fuck about the rape victim. I have already proven that to be false, by my own anecdotal evidence which you'd be cynical to doubt. What I really meant, perhaps, is that because everyone is making me out to be someone who doesn't care about the rape victims, there's no other way of convincing you otherwise, because it's the foolish people who only believe what they're already convinced of, and don't want to open their mind to new possibilities. I feed your ignorance with banter that isn't true sometimes, when I am pushed to a level of intolerance for the people around me. If that doesn't explain it, then I'm not sure what will, without further elucidation and understanding.

I stand by what I said about a rape victim being equal to a rapist. I believe that we are all equally victims of being conscious in this world, as a result being bound to society and it's rules. We as human beings are neither good nor bad, so that does mean that rapists are no worse or better than a rape victim. I say that a rapist is a rape victim because I believe that we are all born into this society without consenting to it, yet society has a false notion that we should feel some sort of duty to live our lives according to it's rules. That's not a confession of my nihilism for society's rules, I feel for justice in our society, but I also feel for the rights and nature of the individual. The ignorant cunts in this thread have been trying hard to tear apart me, or, the idea of me, by constructing a straw man and attacking it like the ignorant pigs they are.

And to say I am sadistic, I wouldn't liken myself to Marques De Sade, but what an honor, to have such a name mentioned next to a work of what I've said. I'm a huge proponent of the human spirit, and from what I see Sade's work is a triumph of the human spirit, proving that not all human beings are bound to laws of society, because there are simply no laws written in the fabric of the universe. I am a far left winger and what some may call a social justice warrior on some issues, but you've all painfully mistaken what I've said, but I'm not in charge of whether or not people have the capacity to comprehend what I'm saying, that's your own fucking responsibility.
13-06-2016, 08:48 AM
(13-06-2016 08:16 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  A lot of people have been telling me that I lack empathy for rape victims, that's a load of fucking sloppy shit. I feel disturbed when I hear interviews of rape victims, I was listening to one just the other day when I was at a benefit event for rape victims, I watched their testimony of abuse and recovery, it was uncomfortable to me and made me feel disturbed and my muscles twitch when I am disturbed.
And yet... you've been directly quoted as saying you don't give a damn about the victim in this case.

Quote:So to say that I don't care about rape victims is patently false. However, the damage has already been done. These narrow minded idiots have already damaged my reputation from this thread, with their incessant negative feedback on my profile. I say good. Let it be shown how insipid these people can be, if they're so ignorant that they feel the need to go on my profile and spew such hatred towards me. I am the one who has the enlightened point of view.
Yeah, you're not unstable at *all*.

Quote:I've said it before, though it was once misconstrued, because the meaning of what I said isn't what you may think. You may think I'm saying that I am an enlightened human being, I know that there's a lot of angry people here who would be eager to jump down my throat for saying this, because they and I know that I am not an enlightened human being, although I'm not negating what I said or meant in my previous posts. My point of view is enlightened, because it steps outside of the black and white dichotomy that everyone else around me has set up. Morality is a grey area, and I do not believe in a good or bad person. I believe that people are only what they are, because to ascribe some sort of moral base to a person would essentially be ascribing morality to the fundamental nature of the universe. We are inextricably a part of this universe, there is no separation of the two.
So because ultimately everything is futile let's chuck the social contract. Not deranged at all.

Quote:Now, people have proven how small minded and quick to judge they are, because the things I've said would have been easily laughed off, as they have been when I'm in better company. I suppose that maybe it comes down to my sensibilities in speaking, which it seems only people who know me best can know when I am being serious or not. One such thing which a lot of people seem to be have been upset at me over was me saying that I do not give a fuck about the rape victim. I have already proven that to be false, by my own anecdotal evidence which you'd be cynical to doubt. What I really meant, perhaps, is that because everyone is making me out to be someone who doesn't care about the rape victims, there's no other way of convincing you otherwise, because it's the foolish people who only believe what they're already convinced of, and don't want to open their mind to new possibilities. I feed your ignorance with banter that isn't true sometimes, when I am pushed to a level of intolerance for the people around me. If that doesn't explain it, then I'm not sure what will, without further elucidation and understanding.
If these things can be said in better company, why don't you *keep* better company, instead of attempting to enlighten us inferior beings with the brilliance of your... ah... rape apologies.

Quote:I stand by what I said about a rape victim being equal to a rapist. I believe that we are all equally victims of being conscious in this world, as a result being bound to society and it's rules. We as human beings are neither good nor bad, so that does mean that rapists are no worse or better than a rape victim. I say that a rapist is a rape victim because I believe that we are all born into this society without consenting to it, yet society has a false notion that we should feel some sort of duty to live our lives according to it's rules. That's not a confession of my nihilism for society's rules, I feel for justice in our society, but I also feel for the rights and nature of the individual. The ignorant cunts in this thread have been trying hard to tear apart me, or, the idea of me, by constructing a straw man and attacking it like the ignorant pigs they are.
I stand by what I said about you being a dickhead.

Quote:And to say I am sadistic, I wouldn't liken myself to Marques De Sade, but what an honor, to have such a name mentioned next to a work of what I've said. I'm a huge proponent of the human spirit, and from what I see Sade's work is a triumph of the human spirit, proving that not all human beings are bound to laws of society, because there are simply no laws written in the fabric of the universe. I am a far left winger and what some may call a social justice warrior on some issues, but you've all painfully mistaken what I've said, but I'm not in charge of whether or not people have the capacity to comprehend what I'm saying, that's your own fucking responsibility.
Yeah, you're only in charge of the bullshit that comes out of your mouth. How people interpret that is up to them. So to say a bunch of rape apologist things and then cry about being misunderstood shows what about your communication skills?

You're an idiot.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
13-06-2016, 08:50 AM
If that's all you have to say to me is worthless hominems, then you're not worth a single grain of salt for your opinion.
13-06-2016, 08:54 AM
(13-06-2016 08:50 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  If that's all you have to say to me is worthless hominems, then you're not worth a single grain of salt for your opinion.

They're not ad hominems, stupid. Ad hominems are when I use insults to argue that you are incorrect. As in "You are an idiot, therefore you are wrong". 1. Those were factually correct statements, not insults. 2. I didn't say anything about your argument.

[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
13-06-2016, 08:55 AM
(13-06-2016 08:16 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 09:42 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I gave you every benefit of the fucking doubt, and I was more than polite. Then about 4 ignored posts in, you said you didn't care for the victim, and tried to equivocate and say that the rapist was also a victim of his own rape. That's when you lost me. That displayed such a shocking lack of empathy for the actual victim (who, unlike the rapist, was actually raped; you shockingly seem unable to tell the difference), it retroactively made everything you posted before sound like utter bullshit.

You dug that hole.

Because you equivocated the plight of the rapist with his victim. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but being veterans of many religious debates, most the the people here are not a fan of bullshit equivocation.

You are entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to call you a stupid, heartless, motherfucker for it.

The sign of failed communicator.

Once again, for the record.

^ NEWS FLASH: That makes you a rape apologist. You just equated being a rapist with being the victim of rape. ^

The only sadistic fuck here is the one equating being a rapist with being a rape victim.

So that means you.

I did not ignore your posts, I read them all and I don't like doing that thing where I address every single one of your posts. However, the posts where I was replying to no one in particular following your posts were actually made after reading the posts you had made, so in a sense they were somewhat of a response to what you said. It was partially a response to your writing that I made those posts.

A lot of people have been telling me that I lack empathy for rape victims, that's a load of fucking sloppy shit. I feel disturbed when I hear interviews of rape victims, I was listening to one just the other day when I was at a benefit event for rape victims, I watched their testimony of abuse and recovery, it was uncomfortable to me and made me feel disturbed and my muscles twitch when I am disturbed.

So to say that I don't care about rape victims is patently false. However, the damage has already been done. These narrow minded idiots have already damaged my reputation from this thread, with their incessant negative feedback on my profile. I say good. Let it be shown how insipid these people can be, if they're so ignorant that they feel the need to go on my profile and spew such hatred towards me. I am the one who has the enlightened point of view.

I've said it before, though it was once misconstrued, because the meaning of what I said isn't what you may think. You may think I'm saying that I am an enlightened human being, I know that there's a lot of angry people here who would be eager to jump down my throat for saying this, because they and I know that I am not an enlightened human being, although I'm not negating what I said or meant in my previous posts. My point of view is enlightened, because it steps outside of the black and white dichotomy that everyone else around me has set up. Morality is a grey area, and I do not believe in a good or bad person. I believe that people are only what they are, because to ascribe some sort of moral base to a person would essentially be ascribing morality to the fundamental nature of the universe. We are inextricably a part of this universe, there is no separation of the two.

Now, people have proven how small minded and quick to judge they are, because the things I've said would have been easily laughed off, as they have been when I'm in better company. I suppose that maybe it comes down to my sensibilities in speaking, which it seems only people who know me best can know when I am being serious or not. One such thing which a lot of people seem to be have been upset at me over was me saying that I do not give a fuck about the rape victim. I have already proven that to be false, by my own anecdotal evidence which you'd be cynical to doubt. What I really meant, perhaps, is that because everyone is making me out to be someone who doesn't care about the rape victims, there's no other way of convincing you otherwise, because it's the foolish people who only believe what they're already convinced of, and don't want to open their mind to new possibilities. I feed your ignorance with banter that isn't true sometimes, when I am pushed to a level of intolerance for the people around me. If that doesn't explain it, then I'm not sure what will, without further elucidation and understanding.

I stand by what I said about a rape victim being equal to a rapist. I believe that we are all equally victims of being conscious in this world, as a result being bound to society and it's rules. We as human beings are neither good nor bad, so that does mean that rapists are no worse or better than a rape victim. I say that a rapist is a rape victim because I believe that we are all born into this society without consenting to it, yet society has a false notion that we should feel some sort of duty to live our lives according to it's rules. That's not a confession of my nihilism for society's rules, I feel for justice in our society, but I also feel for the rights and nature of the individual. The ignorant cunts in this thread have been trying hard to tear apart me, or, the idea of me, by constructing a straw man and attacking it like the ignorant pigs they are.

And to say I am sadistic, I wouldn't liken myself to Marques De Sade, but what an honor, to have such a name mentioned next to a work of what I've said. I'm a huge proponent of the human spirit, and from what I see Sade's work is a triumph of the human spirit, proving that not all human beings are bound to laws of society, because there are simply no laws written in the fabric of the universe. I am a far left winger and what some may call a social justice warrior on some issues, but you've all painfully mistaken what I've said, but I'm not in charge of whether or not people have the capacity to comprehend what I'm saying, that's your own fucking responsibility.

If you had managed to write this without calling people names, you would have had a conversation going. The whole concept is very interesting. Your delivery is not.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
13-06-2016, 09:14 AM
(13-06-2016 08:55 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 08:16 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  I did not ignore your posts, I read them all and I don't like doing that thing where I address every single one of your posts. However, the posts where I was replying to no one in particular following your posts were actually made after reading the posts you had made, so in a sense they were somewhat of a response to what you said. It was partially a response to your writing that I made those posts.

If you had managed to write this without calling people names, you would have had a conversation going. The whole concept is very interesting. Your delivery is not.
If these people really had the desire to have a thoughtful discussion with me, then we would have settled this a long time ago. It's become apparent to me that I'm not in here to have a debate, but to get my point across to these people. They feel the need to use hurtful language towards me, then I will do the same thing to them. I don't feel that it's my job, as the person who is being attacked by people who hypocritically prove themselves to be lacking in the morality they postulate. It breaks my heart to see such blatant hypocrisy and vicious hyena behavior who's sole purpose I see is to try to rip apart my ego, and make me feel like I'm nothing more than a simpleton, all because they have a vendetta against what I said, which they've failed to come to a reasonable answer to. So fuck them, and fuck the horse they rode in on, they're peasants, nothing but a bunch of mindless laughing hyenas, I hope that their bitter anger with themselves consumes them in a sea of guilt, because in reality isn't ever single conversation just a conversation with yourself? There's parts of everything that we say, that when not directed towards another, can be taken out and used on their own as their own statements of thought. That is sometimes how I write posts on my blog. So to be honest, at this point I won't sully my pride in my own writing by capitulating to a bunch of people who've done nothing but mock me, it's up to them now whether or not they decide to be respectful to me.