I feel bad for Brock Turner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2016, 09:19 AM
RE: I feel bad for Brock Turner
Joy of joys, lets all watch Mittens triple down and dig the hole even further.

(13-06-2016 08:16 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  I did not ignore your posts, I read them all and I don't like doing that thing where I address every single one of your posts. However, the posts where I was replying to no one in particular following your posts were actually made after reading the posts you had made, so in a sense they were somewhat of a response to what you said. It was partially a response to your writing that I made those posts.

Sorry, I'm not fucking psychic and thus was unable to interpret your responses to other people's posts as being in any way relevant to my posts.

(13-06-2016 08:16 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  A lot of people have been telling me that I lack empathy for rape victims, that's a load of fucking sloppy shit. I feel disturbed when I hear interviews of rape victims, I was listening to one just the other day when I was at a benefit event for rape victims, I watched their testimony of abuse and recovery, it was uncomfortable to me and made me feel disturbed and my muscles twitch when I am disturbed.

Yeah, too bad you think that their suffering is somehow on par with those who raped them.

(13-06-2016 08:16 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  So to say that I don't care about rape victims is patently false.

You just care about rapist just as much, if not more.

(13-06-2016 08:16 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  However, the damage has already been done. These narrow minded idiots have already damaged my reputation from this thread, with their incessant negative feedback on my profile. I say good. Let it be shown how insipid these people can be, if they're so ignorant that they feel the need to go on my profile and spew such hatred towards me. I am the one who has the enlightened point of view.

"I am the only enlightened one" said every religious nutter ever. Take a fucking number.

(13-06-2016 08:16 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  I've said it before, though it was once misconstrued, because the meaning of what I said isn't what you may think. You may think I'm saying that I am an enlightened human being, I know that there's a lot of angry people here who would be eager to jump down my throat for saying this, because they and I know that I am not an enlightened human being, although I'm not negating what I said or meant in my previous posts.

Just how in the fuck do you square "I am the one who has the enlightened point of view" with "...because they and I know that I am not an enlightened human being". Stop talking out of both sides of your mouth at the same time. Sweet holy fuck, you can't keep your ideas straight from one paragraph to the next, and someone how everyone else is an asshole for not understanding you.

(13-06-2016 08:16 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  My point of view is enlightened, because it steps outside of the black and white dichotomy that everyone else around me has set up. Morality is a grey area, and I do not believe in a good or bad person. I believe that people are only what they are, because to ascribe some sort of moral base to a person would essentially be ascribing morality to the fundamental nature of the universe. We are inextricably a part of this universe, there is no separation of the two.

Patently false, we're not operating in black and white. You are operating at flat grey, with no gradient, and see any variation from perfectly neutral as an extreme. We can grasp nuance, something continuously lost on you. You are the one claiming that we are all victims, that rape victims and the rapists are on equal footing; what is that if not a total flattening of the moral landscape? You want to bulldozer over all of the mountains and fill all of the valleys, and act like we're all assholes for noticing the world isn't actually flat.

(13-06-2016 08:16 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  Now, people have proven how small minded and quick to judge they are, because the things I've said would have been easily laughed off, as they have been when I'm in better company.

Better company? You mean the mother who thinks you're a fucking genius? Excuse me while I remain skeptical.

(13-06-2016 08:16 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  I suppose that maybe it comes down to my sensibilities in speaking, which it seems only people who know me best can know when I am being serious or not. One such thing which a lot of people seem to be have been upset at me over was me saying that I do not give a fuck about the rape victim. I have already proven that to be false, by my own anecdotal evidence which you'd be cynical to doubt.

Guess what? Say what you actually fucking mean next time. You're posting about rape you insensitive prick. Nobody here made you appear to be a callous asshole, you did.

(13-06-2016 08:16 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  What I really meant, perhaps, is that because everyone is making me out to be someone who doesn't care about the rape victims, there's no other way of convincing you otherwise, because it's the foolish people who only believe what they're already convinced of, and don't want to open their mind to new possibilities.

Once again, our opinions were built upon what you actually wrote. You wrote that you didn't care for the victim, that you empathized with the rapist, and then you equivocated that being a rapist is equivalent to being a rape victim. How in the fuck else are we supposed to take that?

Your poor communication is not our fault. Your seemingly vile opinions are not our fault. Your doubling down on your statements, instead of trying to clarify a massive misunderstanding, is not our fault. You had every chance to dig yourself out of your hole, and at every turn, you opted to dig further down instead.

(13-06-2016 08:16 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  I feed your ignorance with banter that isn't true sometimes, when I am pushed to a level of intolerance for the people around me. If that doesn't explain it, then I'm not sure what will, without further elucidation and understanding.

Our ignorance? Once again, how is your failure to communicate now everyone else's problem?

(13-06-2016 08:16 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  I stand by what I said about a rape victim being equal to a rapist.

That's why you are a disgusting rape apologist. Even now, you still don't fucking get it.

(13-06-2016 08:16 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  I believe that we are all equally victims of being conscious in this world, as a result being bound to society and it's rules. We as human beings are neither good nor bad, so that does mean that rapists are no worse or better than a rape victim.

Then kill yourself. Escape this reality, where everyone is equally culpable (or not culpable) for anything, everywhere, for all time. There is no accountability, raping is equal to being raped; so why isn't dying the same as living? Nothing means anything, including your life, so just end it already.

Or volunteer to be raped.

(13-06-2016 08:16 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  I say that a rapist is a rape victim because I believe that we are all born into this society without consenting to it, yet society has a false notion that we should feel some sort of duty to live our lives according to it's rules.

Then kill yourself and escape the social contract that bothers you so much.

(13-06-2016 08:16 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  That's not a confession of my nihilism for society's rules, I feel for justice in our society, but I also feel for the rights and nature of the individual.

Unless of course, the person gets raped. There's no justice for them, because the rapist is just as much a victim.

Guess what? Justice makes zero fucking sense in your world, a world without accountability or culpability. How the fuck do you think that 'justice' has any meaning whatsoever in your world view? It's nonsensical bullshit. Treating the perpetrator of a crime the same as the victim of said crime is about as far as you can possibly get from anything resembling 'justice'.

(13-06-2016 08:16 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  The ignorant cunts in this thread have been trying hard to tear apart me, or, the idea of me, by constructing a straw man and attacking it like the ignorant pigs they are.

No strawman necessary. Even now, you are supplying readily burnable effigy's.

(13-06-2016 08:16 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  And to say I am sadistic, I wouldn't liken myself to Marques De Sade, but what an honor, to have such a name mentioned next to a work of what I've said. I'm a huge proponent of the human spirit, and from what I see Sade's work is a triumph of the human spirit, proving that not all human beings are bound to laws of society, because there are simply no laws written in the fabric of the universe.

Once again, just kill yourself to escape the social contract you chafe against.

(13-06-2016 08:16 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  I am a far left winger and what some may call a social justice warrior on some issues, but you've all painfully mistaken what I've said, but I'm not in charge of whether or not people have the capacity to comprehend what I'm saying, that's your own fucking responsibility.

We have understood what you wrote, that's precisely why you've caught so much flak. If you're unable to convey you point across without writing "So you can see how I would sympathize with him, and not really care about the rape victim. He's now a second rape victim", that's a you problem.

But holy shit, never before have I understood the faceplam inducing ineptitude attributed to SJW's. Thanks, I guess. You've help me to understand why that label is now so vilified, if stupid fucks like you cling to it.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-06-2016, 09:25 AM
(13-06-2016 09:14 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 08:55 AM)Dom Wrote:  If you had managed to write this without calling people names, you would have had a conversation going. The whole concept is very interesting. Your delivery is not.
If these people really had the desire to have a thoughtful discussion with me, then we would have settled this a long time ago. It's become apparent to me that I'm not in here to have a debate, but to get my point across to these people. They feel the need to use hurtful language towards me, then I will do the same thing to them. I don't feel that it's my job, as the person who is being attacked by people who hypocritically prove themselves to be lacking in the morality they postulate. It breaks my heart to see such blatant hypocrisy and vicious hyena behavior who's sole purpose I see is to try to rip apart my ego, and make me feel like I'm nothing more than a simpleton, all because they have a vendetta against what I said, which they've failed to come to a reasonable answer to. So fuck them, and fuck the horse they rode in on, they're peasants, nothing but a bunch of mindless laughing hyenas, I hope that their bitter anger with themselves consumes them in a sea of guilt, because in reality isn't ever single conversation just a conversation with yourself? There's parts of everything that we say, that when not directed towards another, can be taken out and used on their own as their own statements of thought. That is sometimes how I write posts on my blog. So to be honest, at this point I won't sully my pride in my own writing by capitulating to a bunch of people who've done nothing but mock me, it's up to them now whether or not they decide to be respectful to me.

You are not being respectful either.

And round and round it goes.

I am interested in the topic and maybe I'll start another thread on it. But for here - I'm out.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
13-06-2016, 09:33 AM
(13-06-2016 09:14 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  If these people really had the desire to have a thoughtful discussion with me, then we would have settled this a long time ago. It's become apparent to me that I'm not in here to have a debate, but to get my point across to these people.

And you are doing so splendidly, keep up the work ace.

(13-06-2016 09:14 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  They feel the need to use hurtful language towards me, then I will do the same thing to them.

I was polite, until you equivocated the suffering and culpability of the victim of rape to the perpetrator of rape; and still claim to know anything about justice. You threw the first stone.

(13-06-2016 09:14 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  I don't feel that it's my job, as the person who is being attacked by people who hypocritically prove themselves to be lacking in the morality they postulate. It breaks my heart to see such blatant hypocrisy and vicious hyena behavior who's sole purpose I see is to try to rip apart my ego, and make me feel like I'm nothing more than a simpleton, all because they have a vendetta against what I said, which they've failed to come to a reasonable answer to.

Well, we're all just victims of determinism. You may be the victim of hateful language, but really, those using that language are just as much a victim as you are. So why get bent out of shape? I mean, if it works for rape, why not language too?

(13-06-2016 09:14 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  So fuck them, and fuck the horse they rode in on, they're peasants, nothing but a bunch of mindless laughing hyenas, I hope that their bitter anger with themselves consumes them in a sea of guilt, because in reality isn't ever single conversation just a conversation with yourself?

Dafuq?

"..because in reality isn't ever single conversation just a conversation with yourself?"

Yeah, and everyone else is an asshole for not being amble to understand your enlightened prose. Right...

(13-06-2016 09:14 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  There's parts of everything that we say, that when not directed towards another, can be taken out and used on their own as their own statements of thought. That is sometimes how I write posts on my blog. So to be honest, at this point I won't sully my pride in my own writing by capitulating to a bunch of people who've done nothing but mock me, it's up to them now whether or not they decide to be respectful to me.

Respect is earned boy. Why should I respect someone who equates being raped to committing rape, and still think they have any idea what 'justice' means?

[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-06-2016, 09:34 AM
(13-06-2016 09:25 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 09:14 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  If these people really had the desire to have a thoughtful discussion with me, then we would have settled this a long time ago. It's become apparent to me that I'm not in here to have a debate, but to get my point across to these people. They feel the need to use hurtful language towards me, then I will do the same thing to them. I don't feel that it's my job, as the person who is being attacked by people who hypocritically prove themselves to be lacking in the morality they postulate. It breaks my heart to see such blatant hypocrisy and vicious hyena behavior who's sole purpose I see is to try to rip apart my ego, and make me feel like I'm nothing more than a simpleton, all because they have a vendetta against what I said, which they've failed to come to a reasonable answer to. So fuck them, and fuck the horse they rode in on, they're peasants, nothing but a bunch of mindless laughing hyenas, I hope that their bitter anger with themselves consumes them in a sea of guilt, because in reality isn't ever single conversation just a conversation with yourself? There's parts of everything that we say, that when not directed towards another, can be taken out and used on their own as their own statements of thought. That is sometimes how I write posts on my blog. So to be honest, at this point I won't sully my pride in my own writing by capitulating to a bunch of people who've done nothing but mock me, it's up to them now whether or not they decide to be respectful to me.

You are not being respectful either.

And round and round it goes.

I am interested in the topic and maybe I'll start another thread on it. But for here - I'm out.
Okay. I will miss your level headed discourse. Bye.
13-06-2016, 09:59 AM
(13-06-2016 09:33 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 09:14 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  If these people really had the desire to have a thoughtful discussion with me, then we would have settled this a long time ago. It's become apparent to me that I'm not in here to have a debate, but to get my point across to these people.

And you are doing so splendidly, keep up the work ace.

(13-06-2016 09:14 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  They feel the need to use hurtful language towards me, then I will do the same thing to them.

I was polite, until you equivocated the suffering and culpability of the victim of rape to the perpetrator of rape; and still claim to know anything about justice. You threw the first stone.

(13-06-2016 09:14 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  I don't feel that it's my job, as the person who is being attacked by people who hypocritically prove themselves to be lacking in the morality they postulate. It breaks my heart to see such blatant hypocrisy and vicious hyena behavior who's sole purpose I see is to try to rip apart my ego, and make me feel like I'm nothing more than a simpleton, all because they have a vendetta against what I said, which they've failed to come to a reasonable answer to.

Well, we're all just victims of determinism. You may be the victim of hateful language, but really, those using that language are just as much a victim as you are. So why get bent out of shape? I mean, if it works for rape, why not language too?

(13-06-2016 09:14 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  So fuck them, and fuck the horse they rode in on, they're peasants, nothing but a bunch of mindless laughing hyenas, I hope that their bitter anger with themselves consumes them in a sea of guilt, because in reality isn't ever single conversation just a conversation with yourself?

Dafuq?

"..because in reality isn't ever single conversation just a conversation with yourself?"

Yeah, and everyone else is an asshole for not being amble to understand your enlightened prose. Right...

(13-06-2016 09:14 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  There's parts of everything that we say, that when not directed towards another, can be taken out and used on their own as their own statements of thought. That is sometimes how I write posts on my blog. So to be honest, at this point I won't sully my pride in my own writing by capitulating to a bunch of people who've done nothing but mock me, it's up to them now whether or not they decide to be respectful to me.

Respect is earned boy. Why should I respect someone who equates being raped to committing rape, and still think they have any idea what 'justice' means?
I resent the fact that you call me a boy, as if gender really has anything to do with anything I say. People have even pointed out the fact that if I wasn't a guy, that I would be more sensitive. I don't appreciate your pegging of my gender against me, as if it somehow mattered in the bigger picture. I could easily wake up tomorrow with breasts and wide hips and feminine features, and I wouldn't give a single fuck. You are the ones being sexist against me, that's your fault.
13-06-2016, 10:34 AM
(13-06-2016 09:14 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  It's become apparent to me that I'm not in here to have a debate, but to get my point across to these people. ... That is sometimes how I write posts on my blog.

If you aren't here to have a debate but just want to present your point and not listen to any counterarguments then a forum is a poor choice. I suggest you stick to your blog where you only have to deal with the echo chamber that is your own head.

Quote:So to be honest, at this point I won't sully my pride in my own writing by capitulating to a bunch of people who've done nothing but mock me, it's up to them now whether or not they decide to be respectful to me.

You are mocked and disrespected because that's what your ideas deserve. You espouse values that I reject utterly and then deny that you hold them. That is dishonest at best and despicable at worst.

(13-06-2016 09:59 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  I resent the fact that you call me a boy, as if gender really has anything to do with anything I say.

I suspect it was not a dig at gender but immaturity.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
13-06-2016, 10:42 AM
(13-06-2016 10:34 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 09:14 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  It's become apparent to me that I'm not in here to have a debate, but to get my point across to these people. ... That is sometimes how I write posts on my blog.

If you aren't here to have a debate but just want to present your point and not listen to any counterarguments then a forum is a poor choice. I suggest you stick to your blog where you only have to deal with the echo chamber that is your own head.

Quote:So to be honest, at this point I won't sully my pride in my own writing by capitulating to a bunch of people who've done nothing but mock me, it's up to them now whether or not they decide to be respectful to me.

You are mocked and disrespected because that's what your ideas deserve. You espouse values that I reject utterly and then deny that you hold them. That is dishonest at best and despicable at worst.

(13-06-2016 09:59 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  I resent the fact that you call me a boy, as if gender really has anything to do with anything I say.

I suspect it was not a dig at gender but immaturity.
I am debating though, except not with ad hominem attacks. It's my point sometimes to simply make statements, instead of respond to ideas themselves, because sometimes there's no ideas but vitriolic attacks. I am obviously having arguments and discourse.
13-06-2016, 10:56 AM
(13-06-2016 10:42 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  I am obviously having arguments and discourse.

I do not find that obvious at all.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
13-06-2016, 11:09 AM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2016 11:13 AM by kim.)
So, the immature one is still here, huh? Still desperately clutching to ego and pride ... as if those were things that nourish humanity. Undecided

Too bad, so many young people have such wonderful ideas but, appear completely unable to construct a reasonable and logical thought to discuss. To think some do not even realize what they say even after they've said it, because their own train of thought is so garbled and mired in pretense.
Tell me something, my socratic friends ...
Dodgy you heard me
... is there any chance this goofy little fuck can be taught some basic logic and reason, enough to produce a coherent batch of thoughts we'll all be delighted to discuss?

Yes, I do know that it is up to him to drop the superior attitude ... and the whinny ego ... and the boo-hoo, butthurt pride. Yes, there are many idiotic presumptions he needs to toss before he'll be presentable at the adult's table but ... can some of these not be dealt with as they present themselves?

This person is struggling to break away from the ignorance of youth, without an inkling of how to go about it. He's hit a wall, which he has no idea even exists.

This person is not "special". This person is becoming one of those people no one ever said "no" to.

We say to him, "no - you are wrong" at this time and don't help him to understand how & why to be not wrong ... what might the consequences of these actions be?

Just putting this out there. Drinking Beverage Carry on.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
13-06-2016, 11:12 AM
(13-06-2016 09:59 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 09:33 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  And you are doing so splendidly, keep up the work ace.

Dafuq?

I resent the fact that you call me a boy, as if gender really has anything to do with anything I say. People have even pointed out the fact that if I wasn't a guy, that I would be more sensitive. I don't appreciate your pegging of my gender against me, as if it somehow mattered in the bigger picture. I could easily wake up tomorrow with breasts and wide hips and feminine features, and I wouldn't give a single fuck. You are the ones being sexist against me, that's your fault.

Yep, ignore everything else to instead be offending at the correct use of a gender pronoun. Entirely missing the point that I was indicting your age and lack of experience, not your gender, you clueless twit. Thanks for making my point for me.

[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post