I feel bad for Brock Turner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2016, 12:20 PM
RE: I feel bad for Brock Turner
(13-06-2016 11:09 AM)kim Wrote:  So, the immature one is still here, huh? Still desperately clutching to ego and pride ... as if those were things that nourish humanity. Undecided

Too bad, so many young people have such wonderful ideas but, appear completely unable to construct a reasonable and logical thought to discuss. To think some do not even realize what they say even after they've said it, because their own train of thought is so garbled and mired in pretense.
Tell me something, my socratic friends ...
Dodgy you heard me
... is there any chance this goofy little fuck can be taught some basic logic and reason, enough to produce a coherent batch of thoughts we'll all be delighted to discuss?

Yes, I do know that it is up to him to drop the superior attitude ... and the whinny ego ... and the boo-hoo, butthurt pride. Yes, there are many idiotic presumptions he needs to toss before he'll be presentable at the adult's table but ... can some of these not be dealt with as they present themselves?

This person is struggling to break away from the ignorance of youth, without an inkling of how to go about it. He's hit a wall, which he has no idea even exists.

This person is not "special". This person is becoming one of those people no one ever said "no" to.

We say to him, "no - you are wrong" at this time and don't help him to understand how & why to be not wrong ... what might the consequences of these actions be?

Just putting this out there. Drinking Beverage Carry on.

In the first few threads he posted, I tried to explain what I find problematic--lack of imagination and empathy, unexamined biases, fuzzy thinking that leads to bad writing--and kept my tone moderate. Plenty of posters smarter than me made good, thoughtful points, in those threads and here. Yet each thread has become more condescending and entitled, so my level of proffered respect haas decreased in proportion.

IMO the course you suggest has been tried, with the result that he's gotten worse, not better. He mentions that he's recently been banned from other online forums. At some point, maybe he will realize that he's the problem and reexamine his approach, but he doesn't seem ready to absorb that now.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like julep's post
13-06-2016, 12:23 PM
(13-06-2016 09:14 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  If these people...

[Image: 25285915.jpg]

(13-06-2016 09:14 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  really had the desire to have a BLAH BLAH BLAH, more BLAH... by capitulating to a bunch of people

[Image: who-are-these-people.jpg]

(13-06-2016 09:14 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  who’ve done nothing but mock me, it’s up to them now whether or not they decide to be respectful to me.

Respect is earned. You haven’t earned any. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 8DUVb.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
13-06-2016, 01:38 PM
Quote:I stand by what I said about a rape victim being equal to a rapist.

I get too upset to be able to post logical responses in these kinds of threads because I'm thinking about what happened to me as I'm typing up my response. So I'll just paint a picture for you.

I did nothing wrong. The persons who assaulted me - they did. They are not my equals. They actually were never punished for what they did. Had I come forward I would have had my reputation questioned and trashed - which my reputation was completely irrelevant... I was innocent. I would have had it questioned whether or not I was telling the truth about the ways they violated me. Poor them.

I have to relive it when I read shit like this. I can't not think about it when someone brings up rape. It's a life sentence for ME. And I was innocent. They didn't just accidentally hold me down when I said no.

I read a tongue in cheek comment on Facebook today about how clothing should say stuff like "60% cotton, 40% rape." I would love to wear a mini skirt to the bar, but if I'm left alone, there's probably going to be a guy that thinks it's a free invitation to stick their hands up it. Hell, last time I went to a bar I had on leggings under my dress and was still groped while trying to order a beer. My ex boyfriend didn't understand why I was so upset, how I should have just pushed him off. Before that night he didn't know about the assaults, that a minor ass grab is not so minor to me.

I don't go to concerts because I've been groped at EVERY SINGLE ONE I've been to. My brother held me inside his coat at the Incubus concert at Big Spring Jam when I was in high school. One of the guys ended up with a bloody nose, poor them. I bet they still go to concerts...unless they're in jail for sexual assault because they don't give a damn about consent.

Poor them. Poor guys who enjoyed copping a feel and didn't get a chance to do more.

I want the people who do this to be separated from society so that they can't continue to victimize. They don't deserve to be a part of this society. And I didn't deserve to have my body violated. They're not my fucking equal.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 17 users Like Nurse's post
13-06-2016, 02:18 PM
(12-06-2016 07:30 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  I talked with my mom and she says she thinks I have brilliant ideas, but I just need to word them in a way that doesn't offend others. I'm not kidding, she said that, she thinks that I have good ideas, but it's just the way I word them that comes across wrong to people.

I note that geneticists have determined that defective recessive genes are often passed on to people's children, but become dominant. So I'm not in the least surprised that your mother is apparently as stupid as you. It could also explain why you lack any sense of normal societal mores, or any understanding of the simple concept of right and wrong.

I'm left wondering if your father is also as moronic as you and your mother—or haven't you managed to find him yet? Maybe he carried the single gene for intelligence in your family, and didn't share it around LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
13-06-2016, 02:21 PM
(12-06-2016 07:30 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 07:25 PM)julep Wrote:  We don't know you in person. However, we do have thousands of your words' worth of your self revelation. But of course we could all be wrong. How about you share this thread with someone who knows you, like your mom or your best female friend, see what they think?
I talked with my mom and she says she thinks I have brilliant ideas, but I just need to word them in a way that doesn't offend others. I'm not kidding, she said that, she thinks that I have good ideas, but it's just the way I word them that comes across wrong to people.

[Image: my%20mom%20thinks%20Im%20special_zpsy4xwfgnr.jpg]

[Image: participation-trophy.png]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 5 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
13-06-2016, 02:45 PM
(12-06-2016 08:18 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  It's one of the most highly rated books of all time, it won a Nobel prize. It's by Albert Camus.

LOL... it's amazing how this self-styled pseudo-intellectual buffoon gets so many things wrong. Apparently he thinks Albert Camus received the 1957 Nobel Prize in literature for a single novel, The Stranger, written 15 years earlier.

The Nobel Prize was awarded to Camus "for his important literary production, which with clear-sighted earnestness illuminates the problems of the human conscience in our times". Nothing to do with any specific book.

And this is just one example of the numerous blunders this juvenile arse-clown makes.

—I'm still laughing.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
13-06-2016, 03:02 PM
(13-06-2016 01:38 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I read a tongue in cheek comment on Facebook today about how clothing should say stuff like "60% cotton, 40% rape." I would love to wear a mini skirt to the bar, but if I'm left alone, there's probably going to be a guy that thinks it's a free invitation to stick their hands up it. Hell, last time I went to a bar I had on leggings under my dress and was still groped while trying to order a beer. My ex boyfriend didn't understand why I was so upset, how I should have just pushed him off. Before that night he didn't know about the assaults, that a minor ass grab is not so minor to me.

I don't go to concerts because I've been groped at EVERY SINGLE ONE I've been to. My brother held me inside his coat at the Incubus concert at Big Spring Jam when I was in high school. One of the guys ended up with a bloody nose, poor them. I bet they still go to concerts...unless they're in jail for sexual assault because they don't give a damn about consent.

Is this normal? Because holy shit it's not normal where I'm from and we've got a reputation for crime. Jesus Christ people. If that's normal - people groping you randomly at bars and at concerts - you guys have a major problem.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
13-06-2016, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2016 03:29 PM by kim.)
In other news ... the Dutch woman jailed for being raped in Qatar, has been convicted of having sex outside of marriage, and she will now be deported.

The guy who raped her will be deported to Syria, where he is from. He will also get 100 lashes for illicit sex acts (sex outside marriage) and 40 lashes for public drunkenness.

I'd say this guy got off easy... well ... maybe not "easy". But hey - he gets to live, right? Just like Brock's rape victim gets to live. Sure, with scars ... but, alive.

Maybe Brock should have been sent to Qatar. Shy

/sarcasm.
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/06/qa...19724.html

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
13-06-2016, 03:30 PM
(13-06-2016 03:02 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 01:38 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I read a tongue in cheek comment on Facebook today about how clothing should say stuff like "60% cotton, 40% rape." I would love to wear a mini skirt to the bar, but if I'm left alone, there's probably going to be a guy that thinks it's a free invitation to stick their hands up it. Hell, last time I went to a bar I had on leggings under my dress and was still groped while trying to order a beer. My ex boyfriend didn't understand why I was so upset, how I should have just pushed him off. Before that night he didn't know about the assaults, that a minor ass grab is not so minor to me.

Is this normal? Because holy shit it's not normal where I'm from and we've got a reputation for crime. Jesus Christ people. If that's normal - people groping you randomly at bars and at concerts - you guys have a major problem.

I’m glad you said that becuase I was thinking the same thing. I’m not sure I know anyone who gets groped, much less routinely.

I just asked my wife if this has ever happened to her. Over her lifetime she has been in situations that she had to fight off a customer or a date who tried to rape her. Nurse I’m glad you brought this up, I can only assume that as males we aren’t exposed to the day to day shit women have to deal with because of assholes. I can’t even contemplate violating another person’s space because I know how much it irritates me, much less touching or forcing myself on another human being without their consent.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
13-06-2016, 03:39 PM
How do you guys not know this? The behavior Nurse described has been pervasive since I hit college.

That's been quite a while.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post