I feel bad for Brock Turner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2016, 08:11 PM
RE: I feel bad for Brock Turner
(13-06-2016 07:33 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  What am I even supposed to say to strangers who post unsolicited stories of people who raped them? I don't want to read that, much less respond to it.

Once again, you claim to have empathy for the victims of rape, except when it counts. You go out of your way to create a tread where you explain explicitly why feel sorry for the rapist, while ignoring the plight of the victim. When called out on the heinous level of callousness that is equivocating being the victim of a rape with its perpetrator, you keep doubling down. Now faced with other first hand accounts, you cannot even be bothered.

In short, you only appear to have empathy when its convenient for you.

A rapist is worth the time and effort to create a thread about them, sit in their corner, and sling through the shit storm you created. But none of the victims seem worth that trouble. Indeed you seem to throw them under the bus at every opportunity, making all other claims that you 'care' about them ring incredibly hollow. Actions speak louder than words.

We're not even saying that you cannot feel empathy for Turner, not by a long shot. I don't hate him, and given his apparent lack of guilt for his crime, I feel sorry for him; but certainly not a sorry as I feel for his victim. But I also realize that his lack of empathy and guilt is a sign that he's fundamentally broken, and he needs help, or else he will victimize someone else. The greater community isn't angry because they were somehow denied ruining his life, we're angry that he has ruined someone else's life already and has so little to show for it; and most likely will do so again. If you really cared for both his well being, and that of his victim, then you too should want him to be separated from society until he can get professional help. A slap on the wrist and allowing him to go to the Olympics won't help him, nor will it help prevent him from raping again. The rest of us know this, and you seemingly being entirely unable to comprehend this is what has gotten a lot of people's ire.

Once again, your empathy only seems to apply when it's convenient for you.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-06-2016, 08:12 PM
(13-06-2016 05:48 PM)natachan Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 04:47 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  You all look like such morons in your bloviating tirades. You can suck my dick.

Shocking

Seriously?!? After a PAGE AND A HALF of people posting about how common sexual assault is, you post THIS?!? You could have used this opportunity to apologize for your previous statements and you post THAT?

Fuck you.
To be honest, I was so caught up in the negative stuff being said to me that I forgot to take notice to anyone who may be saying something of merit with a level head. That's my fault, I apologize. I do get in a bad mood sometimes.
13-06-2016, 08:16 PM
(13-06-2016 08:12 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 05:48 PM)natachan Wrote:  Shocking

Seriously?!? After a PAGE AND A HALF of people posting about how common sexual assault is, you post THIS?!? You could have used this opportunity to apologize for your previous statements and you post THAT?

Fuck you.
To be honest, I was so caught up in the negative stuff being said to me that I forgot to take notice to anyone who may be saying something of merit with a level head. That's my fault, I apologize. I do get in a bad mood sometimes.

Well, this is a forum and those posts aren't going anywhere. You can still respond.
13-06-2016, 08:55 PM
(13-06-2016 08:11 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 07:33 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  What am I even supposed to say to strangers who post unsolicited stories of people who raped them? I don't want to read that, much less respond to it.

Once again, you claim to have empathy for the victims of rape, except when it counts. You go out of your way to create a tread where you explain explicitly why feel sorry for the rapist, while ignoring the plight of the victim. When called out on the heinous level of callousness that is equivocating being the victim of a rape with its perpetrator, you keep doubling down. Now faced with other first hand accounts, you cannot even be bothered.

A rapist is worth the time and effort to create a thread about them, sit in their corner, and sling through the shit storm you created. But none of the victims seem worth that trouble. Indeed you seem to throw them under the bus at every opportunity, making all other claims that you 'care' about them ring incredibly hollow. Actions speak louder than words.

We're not even saying that you cannot feel empathy for Turner, not by a long shot. I don't hate him, and given his apparent lack of guilt for his crime, I feel sorry for him; but certainly not a sorry as I feel for his victim. But I also realize that his lack of empathy and guilt is a sign that he's fundamentally broken, and he needs help, or else he will victimize someone else. The greater community isn't angry because they were somehow denied ruining his life, we're angry that he has ruined someone else's life already and has so little to show for it; and most likely will do so again. If you really cared for both his well being, and that of his victim, then you too should want him to be separated from society until he can get professional help. A slap on the wrist and allowing him to go to the Olympics won't help him, nor will it help prevent him from raping again. The rest of us know this, and you seemingly being entirely unable to comprehend this is what has gotten a lot of people's ire.

Here's a segment that I wrote on my blog. It's been screen capped so people don't back trace it from my blog to this website. I apologize about the language directed towards the people of this forum, but hopefully this will help elucidate how I feel for you. [Image: prWIt.png]
13-06-2016, 09:13 PM
(13-06-2016 08:55 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  Here's a segment that I wrote on my blog. It's been screen capped so people don't back trace it from my blog to this website. I apologize about the language directed towards the people of this forum, but hopefully this will help elucidate how I feel for you. [Image: prWIt.png]

Kindly go fuck yourself.

I'm now completely convinced that you are really a 14 year old.

Oh did I mention you can go fuck yourself?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 8 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-06-2016, 09:15 PM
(13-06-2016 08:55 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 08:11 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Once again, you claim to have empathy for the victims of rape, except when it counts. You go out of your way to create a tread where you explain explicitly why feel sorry for the rapist, while ignoring the plight of the victim. When called out on the heinous level of callousness that is equivocating being the victim of a rape with its perpetrator, you keep doubling down. Now faced with other first hand accounts, you cannot even be bothered.

Here's a segment that I wrote on my blog. It's been screen capped so people don't back trace it from my blog to this website. I apologize about the language directed towards the people of this forum, but hopefully this will help elucidate how I feel for you. [Image: prWIt.png]

Well, I read it. For some reason. Thanks for hurting my eyes.

Nothing has changed either.
[+] 3 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
13-06-2016, 09:23 PM
(13-06-2016 09:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 08:55 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  Here's a segment that I wrote on my blog. It's been screen capped so people don't back trace it from my blog to this website. I apologize about the language directed towards the people of this forum, but hopefully this will help elucidate how I feel for you. [Image: prWIt.png]

Kindly go fuck yourself.

I'm now completely convinced that you are really a 14 year old.

Oh did I mention you can go fuck yourself?
Thank you.
13-06-2016, 09:23 PM
(13-06-2016 08:55 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 08:11 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Once again, you claim to have empathy for the victims of rape, except when it counts. You go out of your way to create a tread where you explain explicitly why feel sorry for the rapist, while ignoring the plight of the victim. When called out on the heinous level of callousness that is equivocating being the victim of a rape with its perpetrator, you keep doubling down. Now faced with other first hand accounts, you cannot even be bothered.

How are the likes of the Orlando shooter different from the other people you mentioned as having supported?
At the core Dahmer and 'Omar' both "went against the grain", a trait you see as 'triumphant'. What makes the guy who raped, murdered, and ate people better to you than the guy that murdered a bunch of clubbers?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
13-06-2016, 09:26 PM
(13-06-2016 09:23 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  

How are the likes of the Orlando shooter different from the other people you mentioned as having supported?
At the core Dahmer and 'Omar' both "went against the grain", a trait you see as 'triumphant'. What makes the guy who raped, murdered, and ate people better to you than the guy that murdered a bunch of clubbers?

Because the club shooting is too soon?
13-06-2016, 09:30 PM
(13-06-2016 09:15 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Thanks for hurting my eyes.

Literally and figuratively.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post