I feel bad for Brock Turner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2016, 09:29 PM
RE: I feel bad for Brock Turner
I say fuck little Brocky with a pine cone, it's probably nicer than what he did to that gal. I feel no sympathy for him. Dodgy I served more time for participating in a fair fight, than he got.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
29-06-2016, 09:35 PM

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
04-09-2016, 07:00 PM
Brock Turner's House Is Surrounded By A Dozen Very Unhappy Armed Protesters

BY MARK PYGAS
SEPTEMBER 04, 2016 10:27 AM

http://distractify.com/news/2016/09/04/b...protestors

[Image: Crb_U0xWAAAEvSu.jpg]

I bet his parents will have to sell the house.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
04-09-2016, 08:01 PM
(04-09-2016 07:00 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Brock Turner's House Is Surrounded By A Dozen Very Unhappy Armed Protesters

BY MARK PYGAS
SEPTEMBER 04, 2016 10:27 AM

http://distractify.com/news/2016/09/04/b...protestors

[Image: Crb_U0xWAAAEvSu.jpg]

I bet his parents will have to sell the house.

It would be more appropriate if they protested outside the judge's home. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like Chas's post
04-09-2016, 08:17 PM
[Image: both_zpsg8sv1jmf.png]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 10 users Like Anjele's post
04-09-2016, 09:06 PM
(04-09-2016 08:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  It would be more appropriate if they protested outside the judge's home. Drinking Beverage

Ya THINK?! But then, this is 'Murika. Dodgy
04-09-2016, 09:18 PM
Ya know...generally I would say to give a person a chance...they paid their dues, maybe watch with caution but give them a chance.

Brocky didn't pay his dues. He didn't even make a skimpy down payment. His father is as bad as he is...people are picketing their house and disrupting their lives...boofuckinghoo...I would be okay with them doing it for as long as that entitled prick should have been imprisoned.

And yes, the judge needs to have his ass handed to him too.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
05-09-2016, 05:14 AM
(12-06-2016 05:50 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  Okay so, if this devolves into a shit slinging fest, I'm not even going to bother replying. I've had so much trouble with other people, just trying to express my concern over this case.

Let me just lay out how I feel, then we can discuss my reasoning, if it isn't already clear. I feel bad for Brock Turner, as I feel bad for anyone who's basically bound to the laws of society. I feel bad that a person has their life ruined, that their reputation is in shambles, that hey can't compete in the Olympics when they were an Olympic hopeful. I feel bad for people who commit a crime, no matter how severe, and basically have the law inflicting severe punishments on them. As a matter of fact, I feel happy when people get away with serious crimes.

I'm not trying to fuck with you, as a lot of people have thought when I've brought up this point before. Ultimately I feel that reality is deterministic, I believe that people will commit crimes because the universe is a naturally chaotic place. To be mad at people who commit crimes is ultimately to be mad at the natural chaotic order of the universe. That's immature.

The justice system doesn't work, regardless. It's pure pragmatism. We put people in jail because there's an existential dilemma in our society; we have to live with one another and we have to make society work among the chaos. That is the point of the justice system. Not to mention that our punitive justice system is archaic and draconian. We're caging people like animals, and in a lot of cases we hate people, because they're the other. They're the "them" in our pack of society. That mentality saddens me to the deepest existential core of my being. I believe we're all people, it makes me sad when I see people's one life get squandered.

There's many who don't get my point of view, and I have tried to explain it to people before, my dad got upset and didn't really want to listen to me. He said that he believes that if someone commits this sort of crime that their life deserves to be ruined. What right does one person have to assert total control over another human being? I think that it's sad, but this self righteousness arises out of an illusion of consciousness. We perceive ourselves to have free will, which is false. We're ultimately governed by the same forces that pull a rock down a hill.

It's amazing to me, that through those forces I can do the things I do, but ultimately it's a program, it's a computer. It may sound like I'm trying to excuse someone for their "biological urge to rape", well, actually yes, I suppose you could look at it that way. Because if that's the sort of brain that a person has developed, and they don't work along the same lines of morality that someone else has, then you can't blame them, you shouldn't blame anyone really. Because that is simply the way things work.

Let me be clearer about my ideas on free will. It's an illusion of consciousness, that comes from being self aware of our own existence. We think that because we're aware of our own existence that we have some sort of control over it, that we're not basically biological robots that have been programmed in our DNA to feel and think the way we do. No, I mentioned in paragraph 3 why I feel this is important. Thank you for taking the time to read and respond. I really have had some bad experiences with this topic, I got banned from a feminist forum on facebook for trying to make this argument, my own dad got really mad at me for saying this. I think it's sad, because I'm dead fucking serious about this.
Either you're trolling, a sociopath who wants to commit a violent crime against someone and feel crappy because you can't or absolutely don't a have a clue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
05-09-2016, 06:16 AM
(05-09-2016 05:14 AM)ricepudding12 Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 05:50 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  Okay so, if this devolves into a shit slinging fest, I'm not even going to bother replying. I've had so much trouble with other people, just trying to express my concern over this case.

Let me just lay out how I feel, then we can discuss my reasoning, if it isn't already clear. I feel bad for Brock Turner, as I feel bad for anyone who's basically bound to the laws of society. I feel bad that a person has their life ruined, that their reputation is in shambles, that hey can't compete in the Olympics when they were an Olympic hopeful. I feel bad for people who commit a crime, no matter how severe, and basically have the law inflicting severe punishments on them. As a matter of fact, I feel happy when people get away with serious crimes.

I'm not trying to fuck with you, as a lot of people have thought when I've brought up this point before. Ultimately I feel that reality is deterministic, I believe that people will commit crimes because the universe is a naturally chaotic place. To be mad at people who commit crimes is ultimately to be mad at the natural chaotic order of the universe. That's immature.

The justice system doesn't work, regardless. It's pure pragmatism. We put people in jail because there's an existential dilemma in our society; we have to live with one another and we have to make society work among the chaos. That is the point of the justice system. Not to mention that our punitive justice system is archaic and draconian. We're caging people like animals, and in a lot of cases we hate people, because they're the other. They're the "them" in our pack of society. That mentality saddens me to the deepest existential core of my being. I believe we're all people, it makes me sad when I see people's one life get squandered.

There's many who don't get my point of view, and I have tried to explain it to people before, my dad got upset and didn't really want to listen to me. He said that he believes that if someone commits this sort of crime that their life deserves to be ruined. What right does one person have to assert total control over another human being? I think that it's sad, but this self righteousness arises out of an illusion of consciousness. We perceive ourselves to have free will, which is false. We're ultimately governed by the same forces that pull a rock down a hill.

It's amazing to me, that through those forces I can do the things I do, but ultimately it's a program, it's a computer. It may sound like I'm trying to excuse someone for their "biological urge to rape", well, actually yes, I suppose you could look at it that way. Because if that's the sort of brain that a person has developed, and they don't work along the same lines of morality that someone else has, then you can't blame them, you shouldn't blame anyone really. Because that is simply the way things work.

Let me be clearer about my ideas on free will. It's an illusion of consciousness, that comes from being self aware of our own existence. We think that because we're aware of our own existence that we have some sort of control over it, that we're not basically biological robots that have been programmed in our DNA to feel and think the way we do. No, I mentioned in paragraph 3 why I feel this is important. Thank you for taking the time to read and respond. I really have had some bad experiences with this topic, I got banned from a feminist forum on facebook for trying to make this argument, my own dad got really mad at me for saying this. I think it's sad, because I'm dead fucking serious about this.
Either you're trolling, a sociopath who wants to commit a violent crime against someone and feel crappy because you can't or absolutely don't a have a clue.

He is already banned

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
05-09-2016, 06:19 AM
(05-09-2016 06:16 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 05:14 AM)ricepudding12 Wrote:  Either you're trolling, a sociopath who wants to commit a violent crime against someone and feel crappy because you can't or absolutely don't a have a clue.

He is already banned
Oh lol. I just saw this post on my Tapatalk news feed and thought it was recent.