I feel bad for Brock Turner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2016, 07:26 AM
RE: I feel bad for Brock Turner
(04-09-2016 07:00 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Brock Turner's House Is Surrounded By A Dozen Very Unhappy Armed Protesters

BY MARK PYGAS
SEPTEMBER 04, 2016 10:27 AM

http://distractify.com/news/2016/09/04/b...protestors

[Image: Crb_U0xWAAAEvSu.jpg]

I bet his parents will have to sell the house.
I know the guy with the beard. Local Eco anarchist and antifascist kung fu teacher. Awesome dude.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2016, 12:09 PM
(04-09-2016 07:00 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  [Image: Crb_U0xWAAAEvSu.jpg]

So a part of the great 'Murican dream is to carry firearms solely to intimidate people because you disagree with the laws of the land, and its treatment of those people?

Are these morons not acting as vigilantes, and/or as a lynch mob? Why didn't the police move them on—for no other reason than that they were willfully inciting violence?

—If these guys had been blacks, they'd already be in jail... or dead.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
05-09-2016, 12:16 PM
(05-09-2016 07:26 AM)ricepudding12 Wrote:  I know the guy with the beard. Local Eco anarchist and antifascist kung fu teacher. Awesome dude.

An "awesome" dude because he scares people by carrying a ridiculous, lethal weapon in order to scare kids?

Wow... what a big brave man he must be. But with only a 1½" dick LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
05-09-2016, 12:42 PM
(05-09-2016 05:14 AM)ricepudding12 Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 05:50 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  Okay so, if this devolves into a shit slinging fest, I'm not even going to bother replying. I've had so much trouble with other people, just trying to express my concern over this case.

Let me just lay out how I feel, then we can discuss my reasoning, if it isn't already clear. I feel bad for Brock Turner, as I feel bad for anyone who's basically bound to the laws of society. I feel bad that a person has their life ruined, that their reputation is in shambles, that hey can't compete in the Olympics when they were an Olympic hopeful. I feel bad for people who commit a crime, no matter how severe, and basically have the law inflicting severe punishments on them. As a matter of fact, I feel happy when people get away with serious crimes.

I'm not trying to fuck with you, as a lot of people have thought when I've brought up this point before. Ultimately I feel that reality is deterministic, I believe that people will commit crimes because the universe is a naturally chaotic place. To be mad at people who commit crimes is ultimately to be mad at the natural chaotic order of the universe. That's immature.

The justice system doesn't work, regardless. It's pure pragmatism. We put people in jail because there's an existential dilemma in our society; we have to live with one another and we have to make society work among the chaos. That is the point of the justice system. Not to mention that our punitive justice system is archaic and draconian. We're caging people like animals, and in a lot of cases we hate people, because they're the other. They're the "them" in our pack of society. That mentality saddens me to the deepest existential core of my being. I believe we're all people, it makes me sad when I see people's one life get squandered.

There's many who don't get my point of view, and I have tried to explain it to people before, my dad got upset and didn't really want to listen to me. He said that he believes that if someone commits this sort of crime that their life deserves to be ruined. What right does one person have to assert total control over another human being? I think that it's sad, but this self righteousness arises out of an illusion of consciousness. We perceive ourselves to have free will, which is false. We're ultimately governed by the same forces that pull a rock down a hill.

It's amazing to me, that through those forces I can do the things I do, but ultimately it's a program, it's a computer. It may sound like I'm trying to excuse someone for their "biological urge to rape", well, actually yes, I suppose you could look at it that way. Because if that's the sort of brain that a person has developed, and they don't work along the same lines of morality that someone else has, then you can't blame them, you shouldn't blame anyone really. Because that is simply the way things work.

Let me be clearer about my ideas on free will. It's an illusion of consciousness, that comes from being self aware of our own existence. We think that because we're aware of our own existence that we have some sort of control over it, that we're not basically biological robots that have been programmed in our DNA to feel and think the way we do. No, I mentioned in paragraph 3 why I feel this is important. Thank you for taking the time to read and respond. I really have had some bad experiences with this topic, I got banned from a feminist forum on facebook for trying to make this argument, my own dad got really mad at me for saying this. I think it's sad, because I'm dead fucking serious about this.
Either you're trolling, a sociopath who wants to commit a violent crime against someone and feel crappy because you can't or absolutely don't a have a clue.

I hope he was trolling cause possibility of someone being such shitbag is scary.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
05-09-2016, 02:24 PM
(05-09-2016 12:16 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 07:26 AM)ricepudding12 Wrote:  I know the guy with the beard. Local Eco anarchist and antifascist kung fu teacher. Awesome dude.

An "awesome" dude because he scares people by carrying a ridiculous, lethal weapon in order to scare kids?

Wow... what a big brave man he must be. But with only a 1½" dick LOL.
Liberal tears are delicious.

I'll ask them to do this outside of a Muslim families house just to make you feel better.

As for the kid being "scared"....honestly that's the least of what should happen to him for his crimes.

[+] 1 user Likes ricepudding12's post
05-09-2016, 04:47 PM
I always tend to wonder what people's childhoods are like, that they grow up thinking that this behavior is acceptable, or somehow that they are above the law. I have a feeling that his family made him into who he is, a sociopath. There's always a backstory behind these stories. 90 days is a joke. No doubt his family used their money and prestige to get this sentence lessened, and I have a feeling...this guy will do this again.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
05-09-2016, 09:43 PM
I would like to see the protests grow (not necessarily involving guns) and follow Brock and his family wherever they run.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
06-09-2016, 02:15 AM
I'm trying to figure out the "liberal tears" comment. What the fuck?

Man, fuck you, dude. Having an opinion that carrying a gun for the express purpose of intimidating someone (even someone we all are kinda glad is being intimidated) is wrong and unethical does not make you a liberal, nor a whining one. It makes you a decent fucking human being.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
06-09-2016, 04:48 AM
Brock is a surname.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
06-09-2016, 12:39 PM
(05-09-2016 02:24 PM)ricepudding12 Wrote:  Liberal tears are delicious.

Don't know, never tasted. I preffer seeing (making?) conservatives cry. It's as hard as stealing lolipop from newborn.

Quote: I'll ask them to do this outside of a Muslim families house just to make you feel better.

?

Quote: As for the kid being "scared"....honestly that's the least of what should happen to him for his crimes.

What should happen to him is prison time longer than he served not some useless demonstrations.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post