I feel bad for Brock Turner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2016, 09:01 AM
RE: I feel bad for Brock Turner
Psssstt..., don't tell Mittens about the 53 injured and 50 mass murders in Orlando, she'll will be heartbroken because the poor murderer paid some consequences for his own actions and will now be vilified and demonized. Weeping

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Heatheness's post
12-06-2016, 09:08 AM
(12-06-2016 09:01 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Psssstt..., don't tell Mittens about the 53 injured and 50 mass murders in Orlando, she'll will be heartbroken because the poor murderer paid some consequences for his own actions and will now be vilified and demonized. Weeping
You know, I almost don't even know what to say to that. There's nothing in the world that makes me more upset than lgbt people being persecuted. I am deeply offended by what you just said, I care deeply about their well being. I find what you just said extremely offensive to me.
12-06-2016, 09:09 AM
(12-06-2016 08:18 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 07:42 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  No, I'm not going to read a whole book. If you are too bored to construct an argument, why should I bother?
It's one of the most highly rated books of all time, it won a Nobel prize. It's by Albert Camus.

For fuck's sake, you know that doesn't hold water. We're all intelligent adults here, so if you can't at the very least present a concise summary and why it is relevant, why should anyone else bother?

50 Shades of Grey and Harry Potter are some of the best selling works of contemporary fiction, so why don't you go and read those and report back on what you've learned? Of course not, because that's stupid.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
12-06-2016, 09:12 AM
(12-06-2016 09:08 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 09:01 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Psssstt..., don't tell Mittens about the 53 injured and 50 mass murders in Orlando, she'll will be heartbroken because the poor murderer paid some consequences for his own actions and will now be vilified and demonized. Weeping
You know, I almost don't even know what to say to that. There's nothing in the world that makes me more upset than lgbt people being persecuted. I am deeply offended by what you just said, I care deeply about their well being. I find what you just said extremely offensive to me.

That feeling you have right now? That's what everyone else is feeling after reading you apparently giving more of a fuck about the perpetrator of a rape than for the victim of a rape.

You know, just an FYI.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 12 users Like EvolutionKills's post
12-06-2016, 09:32 AM
(12-06-2016 09:12 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 09:08 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  You know, I almost don't even know what to say to that. There's nothing in the world that makes me more upset than lgbt people being persecuted. I am deeply offended by what you just said, I care deeply about their well being. I find what you just said extremely offensive to me.

That feeling you have right now? That's what everyone else is feeling after reading you apparently giving more of a fuck about the perpetrator of a rape than for the victim of a rape.

You know, just an FYI.

*ding ding ding ding ding....... BINGO!

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
12-06-2016, 09:46 AM
you expressed this view on a feminist forum and got banned? what a shocker. i bet if you stuck your dick in a bee hive you'd get stung. disregard the dick part and replace with finger, if you're a woman.
12-06-2016, 10:16 AM
No, here's the moral of the story. I empathize with him because I know what ostracisation is like. I've been through a lot of it and I know that one arbitrary miss step can send you knocking on the door of misfortune. It was one moment, where he made an arbitrary decision and he could have gone on with his life not having made that decision and literally nothing would have happened. I know what it feels like to make missteps, I've never done anything nearly as harmful as he's done, but none the less I feel empathy for him. I don't know why I'm being persecuted for feeling empathy for another person, that's fucking psychotic of you.

I feel disturbed at rape, it's not like I don't feel anything for rape victims. It was difficult for me to tell what I feel for rape victims, because honestly it's a complex issue. But I guess you could say it's disturbing to me, because it's certainly doesn't make me feel happy that a person got raped. I remember watching some interviews with rape victims, it was disturbing to me, because ultimately it makes you think about the fact that the world can be a very dangerous place, it makes you think about what that person's life may be like. Ultimately that's what I believe having empathy is about and why I actually have a whole lot of empathy.

As human beings, I believe most of us can pick up on what other people feel, or at least empathize with others and put ourselves in their shoes. I know that there's a bunch of times in my life where I have felt bad for someone else, and I know that I think very deeply about philosophical issues, which - shame on you - you squander in your portrayal of me completely. That hurts me, but that's also the sort of thing that I see happening to Brock Turner. He's hated, he's not getting the full extent of justice of the law, but his life is in one way or another ruined. That's the same thing that happened to the stranger in Albert Camus's book "the stranger". Just because of a moment of complete arbitrary thought, and the sun, he decided that he would kill this person which he could have easily not done.

It's tragic, I feel disturbed by the whole situation. You don't see me sitting here saying 'yeaaaaah hahaha he only got 3 months woooo". No, I feel disturbed by this world and I want what's best for him, I want what's best for the rape victim, but we're not fucking talking about her and honestly, I don't know her. I relate more to Brock Turner than I do her, because of what he's going through with ostracisation and demonetization. Yes, I'd probably feel bad if it was someone I knew who had that happen to them, but that's just the way people fucking work. I don't even know the fucking girl who got raped, so why am I expected to all of a sudden just say "ohhhhh sorrow, ohhh misery, I hate the wretched rapist and feel so much passion and empathy for the rape victim ohhhhh ohhhhhhhhhh". It doesn't fucking work like that.
12-06-2016, 10:22 AM
Mittens and all. I too have had fun championing "the bad guy." I was chosen for jury duty 30 years ago in Ft Lauderdale Fl. As the jury walked into the court room we saw the accused. One look at him and you knew for sure that he did it, not even knowing what he was accused of. Just one of those guys! The evidence was presented after the judges remarks to the jury. We had to all of us be convinced of 3 things to convict him. Number 1, that he was drunk at the time, #2 that he was driving the vehicle and I cannot remember the third. But the case was resented. The young man probably less than 30 years old sat next to his young female lawyer. The man had been returning from a day of fishing with his girlfriend and a sister in his Chev S10 pick up truck. He was pulling a boat on a trailer. one tire was missing on the trailer and the rim was dragging on the ground. The cop testified that he was sitting doing paperwork as this rig passed him. He looked up and had to wait for several cars went by before he could get out into traffic. THen he had to go several more blocks to pull in behind them and turn on his siren. When he got behind the truck and trailer he saw the people inside "shuffling around and a lady stepped out the driver's door. He demanded that all 3 emerge from the pick up and he arrested the male who was visibly drunk. He said he easn't driving, and his sister assured him and the cameras that she was driving, but the cop concentrated on him and gave him the walk the line test and a few others, and arrested him.
So we got into the jury room and i sat at the head of the table. Someone asked me if that meant that I wanted to be the foreman of the jury. "Not necessarily, but will do it if no one else wants to. I became the foreman, and then we went over the whole thing with me pointing out that there seemed to be more evidence that he wasn't driving than that he was.
People were a bit nervous about that, because as I said his body lahguage and everything pointed to the fact that he was guilty. But I convinced the rest of them to all vote with me that there wasn't enough evidence to convict the kid.
12-06-2016, 10:28 AM
(12-06-2016 10:16 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  No, here's the moral of the story. I empathize with him because I know what ostracisation is like. I've been through a lot of it and I know that one arbitrary miss step can send you knocking on the door of misfortune.

Labelling an act of rape as an arbitrary misstep is something I can not reconcile.

Quote:It was one moment, where he made an arbitrary decision and he could have gone on with his life not having made that decision and literally nothing would have happened. ...

Right, if he had not committed a crime he should not be facing consequences for it. That hardly supports your position.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 6 users Like unfogged's post
12-06-2016, 10:29 AM
So you sympathize with a rapist who made a mistake. Are you on his dad's payroll or something?

Rape isn't something that just happens. It's not something you can just brush off as an oops. This guy isn't remorseful for what he did...he is upset because he got caught and screwed up his own life.

He is a grown ass, college educated man. He knows that what he did was wrong, he just doesn't care. Either that or he is incapable of realizing that rape is wrong and in that case he is somehow mentally and emotionally deficient and therefore not safe to be allowed to walk around without a keeper.

So you don't 'know' the victim and therefore don't care. Do you 'know' the rapist? If not, the only thing I can assume is that you know what it is to be a rapist or to have tendencies along that line.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 8 users Like Anjele's post