I feel bad for Brock Turner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2016, 01:01 PM
RE: I feel bad for Brock Turner
(12-06-2016 12:56 PM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  Fuck you, rude assholes.

Your real persona is showing I see. You're spewing such shit and expect not be called on it?

Hope I did(n't) make you cry.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Szuchow's post
12-06-2016, 01:23 PM
(12-06-2016 12:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 12:44 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Cause you're crybaby who can't stomach disagreement.

Go ahead. I still will write what I think about your disgusting views.

Said specimen who want to coddle rapist while don't hiving a shit about victim.

Respect is earneed. You deserve none.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

Yet he has a positive rep. smh

Not anymore!
12-06-2016, 01:23 PM
(12-06-2016 12:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 12:44 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Cause you're crybaby who can't stomach disagreement.

Go ahead. I still will write what I think about your disgusting views.

Said specimen who want to coddle rapist while don't hiving a shit about victim.

Respect is earneed. You deserve none.

Yet he has a positive rep. smh

He? As far as I know mittens is a she.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
12-06-2016, 01:38 PM
(12-06-2016 01:23 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 12:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Yet he has a positive rep. smh

It isn't listed on profile.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
12-06-2016, 01:39 PM

My bad if that's the case. I just picked a pronoun since I don't recall reading anything that made it clear.

- Yet s/he had a positive rep. smh

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
12-06-2016, 01:51 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2016 01:55 PM by EvolutionKills.)
Wow, really? I've given you multiple point-by-point break downs, trying to give you every benefit of the doubt, and all I get back is a single truncated question. Itself only a fraction of the context upon which it was referring too, because part of it was pointing out of nonsense of claiming the justice system is entirely pragmatic while also decrying it's punitive nature. Note for the slow, it cannot be both at the same time, something you apparently didn't understand.

(12-06-2016 11:53 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 06:25 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  If it was, it would probably work better. Pragmatism is great, especially in comparison to revenge or punitive punishment.
It's the only solution. In an ideal world we wouldn't have to punish anyone, because we'd all live in a society where everyone is just happy to live with each other and loves each other and doesn't hurt each other.

Too bad that evolution didn't favor peaceful coexistence. You know, because of competing for limited resources and all.

(12-06-2016 11:53 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  That would be the ideal, but tragically there's some people who break the mold and choose to go outside of the norm, and consequentially because of the pragmatism of keeping other people's live safe, we have to lock these people up.

Which is a huge improvement from straight up killing them, the preferred method of problem solving for the vast majority of human history.

(12-06-2016 11:53 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  We have to create an other, two opposing groups of people. One group of people is the bad guy, one group of people is the good guy. This is the basis of every war and conflict in human history.

I'm sorry, did you miss religion, nationality, competition for resources, and any number of other reasons for conflict and war? Are you fucking kidding me?

Reality is nowhere near as simple as you appear to think it is.

(12-06-2016 11:53 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  I hate war, I hate it when people kill other people because of those reasons. So unfortunately, one person has to suffer at our hands, it's basically saying since this person was miserable, we have to make this other person miserable. That sort of eye for an eye mentality sucks, it's worthless and immature and only represents the stupid school yard "I'm gonna fight you" mentality.

No, not even close. There are people in prison who have killed other people, and we don't kill them. There are people in prison who have raped other people, and we don't sentence them to summary gang rape in response. People in prison are given medical care, food and shelter, and often a chance to educate themselves and learn skills. There are certainly many problems with the justice system, and prisons in particular, but I guess those distinctions require too much nuance for you to grasp.

(12-06-2016 11:53 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  It's nauseating...

Indeed, your chronic oversimplification is quite nauseating.

(12-06-2016 11:53 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  ...so yes, I will champion Brock Turner, he's broken the mold and made people fucking outraged, because they realize deep down that their justice is a an arbitrary and stupid one, they were denied their pathetic and petulant crybaby entitled want for someone to have their life stripped from them.

He raped someone, forever altering their life. He sentenced his victim to a lifetime of counselling, anxiety, and trust issues. She'll never look at the world the same way again. Funny thing that. Once again, you only seem to have empathy for the person who committed the rape. No thought for the freedom his victim lost, not consideration for the pain and suffering he's caused her.

How come you're primarily concerned with the lost of freedom for the rapist? Because he did rape someone. He violated another person's trust and freedom. Should we just do nothing instead? What do you propose we do to convicted rapists, if we want to stop people from raping in the future, and 3~6 months of incarceration is just too much to bare for the perpetrator?

(12-06-2016 11:53 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  So you can see how I would sympathize with him, and not really care about the rape victim. He's now a second rape victim.

That's it. All benefit of the doubt is gone.

Fuck you.

He is not the victim here. There was no extenuating circumstances. He knew what he was doing was wrong, because he tried to run when he got caught, you stupid frigid bitch.

(12-06-2016 11:53 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  Brock's life probably is fucked now, by the witch hunt and justice system. He'll forever be registered as a sex offender and everyone will remember it.

As opposed to what? Not punish him at all? Destroy any deterrence we have against rape, because punishing the rapist for their rape only makes them a victim too?

Fuck off.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 7 users Like EvolutionKills's post
12-06-2016, 02:01 PM

From the intro post...

Mittens Deluxe Offline

I have officially arrived
Hey sup everyone. I'm 21 years old and a male.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
12-06-2016, 02:04 PM
(12-06-2016 01:51 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 11:53 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  Brock's life probably is fucked now, by the witch hunt and justice system. He'll forever be registered as a sex offender and everyone will remember it.

As opposed to what? Not punish him at all? Destroy any deterrence we have against rape, because punishing the rapist for their rape only makes them a victim too?

But my dear boy, he's this white educated golden boy. His life so full of promise has been utterly ruined by the finding that he was in fact guilty of a crime. Clearly what's amiss here is the entire concept of crime and punishment, because to sentence a white educated golden boy athlete to make reparation for a crime is a violation of morality. White educated golden boys (especially ones as good looking as he is) do not commit crimes. It's philosophically impossible. They pull pranks. They do it for the giggles. Sure, they occasionally fuck some peasant's life up but then, who cares about peasants.

You're losing sight of the issue here. HE WAS AN OLYMPIC ATHLETE (hopeful). How will his aged parents cope? How will he cope? It's not beyond the bounds of possibility for him to suffer a complete mental breakdown after this ridiculous humiliation.

Dodgy Jesus FUCK. I can't believe the shit that I read on the internet these days. I know it's the internet and I shouldn't be surprised, but even so...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
12-06-2016, 02:06 PM
(12-06-2016 02:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 01:23 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  He? As far as I know mittens is a she.

From the intro post...

Mittens Deluxe Offline

I'm relieved somewhat. I would have been extremely surprised if he'd been female. Ladies are more sensible. It'd have upset my sense of order had it been otherwise.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
12-06-2016, 02:08 PM
(12-06-2016 02:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 01:23 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  He? As far as I know mittens is a she.

From the intro post...

Mittens Deluxe Offline

Oh, my bad.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's