I feel "born again"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2014, 02:55 PM
RE: I feel "born again"
(18-03-2014 02:24 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 02:17 PM)Charis Wrote:  I'm already there for some things. For instance, the sex. I'm not quite brave enough yet to start making up for it.

We'll get you there. Evil_monster
You really think you can get me there?

Angel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2014, 03:02 PM
I didn't get any kind of euphoria.

Just a sense of acceptance, that my long held suspicions were well founded.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
18-03-2014, 03:09 PM
(18-03-2014 02:17 PM)Charis Wrote:  I'm already there for some things. For instance, the sex. I'm not quite brave enough yet to start making up for it.

You're undead, remember? Vamp it on up!
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
18-03-2014, 03:11 PM
(18-03-2014 02:55 PM)Charis Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 02:24 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  We'll get you there. Evil_monster
You really think you can get me there?

Angel

You've read my stories, haven't you?

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
18-03-2014, 03:14 PM
No, I haven't. I've only read of their existence and some of the reactions from the other women in the banter thread.
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
18-03-2014, 03:25 PM
(18-03-2014 03:14 PM)Charis Wrote:  No, I haven't. I've only read of their existence and some of the reactions from the other women in the banter thread.

There you go.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
18-03-2014, 07:24 PM

Well, don't rush yourself. Tongue

I was already married when I stopped believing, so there wasn't much change for me in that department.
19-03-2014, 12:30 AM
(18-03-2014 01:58 PM)Charis Wrote:  But anyway, is this feeling typical? I guess my dark background probably has some impact here.

When I deconverted, my first emotion was that of relief in my new found freedom. I was now free to act in whatever way was moral to me. Next came relief in my ability to be honest with myself and others. Gone were the days when I would smile and nod politely when someone would make a fantastical supernatural claim, and then would assume that I believed it right along with them.

I emancipated myself from a system of self judgement and self loathing, and I have never regretted it.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
19-03-2014, 12:30 AM
(18-03-2014 01:58 PM)Charis Wrote:  But anyway, is this feeling typical? I guess my dark background probably has some impact here.

When I deconverted, my first emotion was that of relief in my new found freedom. I was now free to act in whatever way was moral to me. Next came relief in my ability to be honest with myself and others. Gone were the days when I would smile and nod politely when someone would make a fantastical supernatural claim, and then would assume that I believed it right along with them.

I emancipated myself from a system of self judgement and self loathing, and I have never regretted it.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
19-03-2014, 01:54 AM
Well done for being open minded enough to listen and to consider the arguments of the other side.