I feel "born again"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2014, 09:52 AM
RE: I feel "born again"
(18-03-2014 02:17 PM)Charis Wrote:  I'm already there for some things. For instance, the sex. I'm not quite brave enough yet to start making up for it.

You live in Missouri...Dodgy

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2014, 10:14 AM
To paraphrase Morpheus in the Matrix: Your eyes hurt because you've never used them before.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
19-03-2014, 10:42 AM
(18-03-2014 01:58 PM)Charis Wrote:  So I just recently deconverted. Oddly enough, I have the same feeling of newborn wonder that a person is reportedly supposed to have when they first convert to Christianity. It's like I've been born again!

Except to a Christian, I've been born back into death.

So I'm an undead?

But I'm so alive! Tongue

But anyway, is this feeling typical? I guess my dark background probably has some impact here.
I'd say different people react in different ways - some experience the high that you are feeling and some don't. What they feel probably depends on the specifics of their religious background to a large extent.

For me, I never felt controlled by religion. I simply accepted it. As a child, I honestly didn't care much about it. I took a larger interest in it in my late teens because of all the aspects that I perceived as positive. But as soon as the negatives became apparent - the condemnation of innocent gays, the meddling in people's bedrooms, the political interference, the misappropriation of funds, etc. - I took a closer look with a more open mind. Reading the Bible and all its nonsense was a big part of that too. What I ended up feeling when I finally became an atheist was more like satisfaction that I was among those who really understood. That and also anger at religions for misleading so many people and at my family for constantly telling me that I'm the one that doesn't get it.

Anyway, congratulations on seeing the real light. Smile

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
19-03-2014, 10:53 AM
You'r not alone ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U311L61P...Kru7AjBehi

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
19-03-2014, 11:10 AM
For me conversion gave me relief from escaping hell. Deconversion gave me relief from escaping childhood indoctrination finally and a great sense of peace and joyful anticipation of the freedom ahead. It was way better.

Never read health books. You could die of a misprint.

Mark Twain