I feel like I'm wasting my time starting things I never finish

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2013, 06:52 AM
RE: I feel like I'm wasting my time starting things I never finish
Being 'great' is a rarity in life, and very few of us ever achieve that.

If you cant focus on any one thing long enough and be willing to do the hard work, you'll always feel frustrated.

However.....

Not to be a smart ass, but have you talked with a doctor or conselor yet ? It sounds as if you could have OCD or ADD and medication might help to calm the mind down.

Just a thought.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2013, 07:04 AM
(06-12-2013 06:52 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Being 'great' is a rarity in life, and very few of us ever achieve that.

If you cant focus on any one thing long enough and be willing to do the hard work, you'll always feel frustrated.

However.....

Not to be a smart ass, but have you talked with a doctor or conselor yet ? It sounds as if you could have OCD or ADD and medication might help to calm the mind down.

Just a thought.

I fucking hate that, "hard work", sorry, that is bullshit. It isn't a matter of putting effort into something. But our species does not invent things to make or lives harder. It is much easier to send an e-mail than have a guy ride across the country with your letter on a horse.

I think there is a difference in work that gives you a sense of dignity, satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment and the indentured slavery we have now.

One of the gates of Hitler's labor camp said "Hard work will set you free". I think corporate America has made that it's business model.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-12-2013, 08:08 AM
(06-12-2013 07:04 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(06-12-2013 06:52 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Being 'great' is a rarity in life, and very few of us ever achieve that.

However.....

Just a thought.

I fucking hate that, "hard work", sorry, that is bullshit. It isn't a matter of putting effort into something. But our species does not invent things to make or lives harder. It is much easier to send an e-mail than have a guy ride across the country with your letter on a horse.

I think there is a difference in work that gives you a sense of dignity, satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment and the indentured slavery we have now.

One of the gates of Hitler's labor camp said "Hard work will set you free". I think corporate America has made that it's business model.

Maybe you took the 'hard work' the wrong way here. This was in no way intended as a occupational type hard work, but rather getting good at even say, a hobby will require a good deal of effort to become proficient..... thus 'hard work' is implied. If you think that you can become great or even good at anything by sitting on your ass and waiting for it, your wrong.

BTW, nice job of invoking Hitler so soon. LOL
09-12-2013, 08:32 AM
We are the same person Blink
Everything I do I'm juuuuust good enough at and then I'm done with it.
It's because there are too many other things I want to try!
I'm better at finishing projects when there's an external deadline, though. I was pretty productive when I was in school. Now, doing something on my own time, with my own motivation? It doesn't happen often.
09-12-2013, 08:58 AM
I don't even start things. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-12-2013, 03:15 AM
I used to have this problem. It just came to realize i like to keep myself busy and these many hobbies made me happy. Just do what makes you happy and dont worry if you're not the best because it will drive you crazy and might actually hinder your progress in whatever it is you are doing. As for the other comment about not having anything to offer others you need to start thinking about yourself a little more. If they think your not good enough as you are then they are not worth your time. Just be calm and happy and keep up those hobbies if its what you want to do.
10-12-2013, 06:12 AM
But that's a good thing!

Experience everything. Then go back and do it again. Something may jump out at you then.

Oftentimes it takes some time to let things gel in your brain. The first time you are faced with a banquet of things, you try a little of each to see what you may like. Next time, you'll have it narrowed down to a few.

I have no doubt that you will find your niche, and it may even be one you are not thinking of at all yet.

Just keep on keeping on.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man