I feel like an incompetent idiot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2016, 01:20 PM (This post was last modified: 27-08-2016 01:27 PM by Gloucester.)
RE: I feel like an incompetent idiot
Just wondering if she is an idiot savant. Nothing wrong with that providing she has all the love she needs and no pressure.

Mozart composed his first piece at age 5, he must have been playing long before that.

Wish I could just play the penny whistle, can manage the tamboureen and, almost, keep to the rhythm!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-08-2016, 01:32 PM
Why? You aren't good at music? Neither am I. In fact, I have still at my age never figured out how to fit in just with your standard sidewalk job. I know what I am, certainly not the best poet in the world, no, but I don't beat myself up over the things I cant do. I also hate it when people with disabilities say "I can do it, what's your problem". Well equality cuts both ways. This kid did and can, so? It doesn't make you less of a person, it simply makes them different.

Measure yourself by you. Sure it is ok to be impressed by others, but that at the same time doesn't mean you have to be a clone of them. Everybody is different. And you also said it in the last part of your post here. The grass always seems to be greener, but no matter what you do in life, there are ups and downs to everything.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-08-2016, 01:37 PM
(27-08-2016 01:32 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Why? You aren't good at music? Neither am I. In fact, I have still at my age never figured out how to fit in just with your standard sidewalk job. I know what I am, certainly not the best poet in the world, no, but I don't beat myself up over the things I cant do. I also hate it when people with disabilities say "I can do it, what's your problem". Well equality cuts both ways. This kid did and can, so? It doesn't make you less of a person, it simply makes them different.

Measure yourself by you. Sure it is ok to be impressed by others, but that at the same time doesn't mean you have to be a clone of them. Everybody is different. And you also said it in the last part of your post here. The grass always seems to be greener, but no matter what you do in life, there are ups and downs to everything.

Well, I was being silly with my thread title. Silly is what I do around here most of the time. I've very good at silly.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
27-08-2016, 01:56 PM
(27-08-2016 01:37 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(27-08-2016 01:32 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Why? You aren't good at music? Neither am I. In fact, I have still at my age never figured out how to fit in just with your standard sidewalk job. I know what I am, certainly not the best poet in the world, no, but I don't beat myself up over the things I cant do. I also hate it when people with disabilities say "I can do it, what's your problem". Well equality cuts both ways. This kid did and can, so? It doesn't make you less of a person, it simply makes them different.

Well, I was being silly with my thread title. Silly is what I do around here most of the time. I've very good at silly.

Oh ok. I understand now. Thanks for explaining.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-08-2016, 02:12 PM
(27-08-2016 01:16 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I still couldn't read when I was three, my mom had to tie my shoelaces, when I was four I could count to 10 and I knew the alphabet.....sort of. I'd get mixed up around the L M N O P part of it.

This 3 year old must WANT to do this because my kids at three, if they didn't want to do something which took hours of concentration, it was like pulling teeth to make them do it...... pulling baby teeth, that is.

Child prodigies have a hard life though and I'm guessing this little girl is a prodigy.

You know what makes me think this child wants to do this? The way she leans over the keys and back and side to side as she plays. You see adults do that when they play piano and are into the music.

If she was just hammering out this key, that key, these keys by rote I think the body language would be different.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
27-08-2016, 02:17 PM
(27-08-2016 01:04 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I might be cynical but I always see these kinds of videos as more for the parents rather than for the children, because they want their child to be famous or something. It just screams of "look at my child! They're so special!"

I bet this child will love to see that video when she is older.

I just watched a video of a cousin's four year old grandson dancing on stage to a Led Zeppelin song his aunt was singing. It was cute and will be enjoyed by family and friends that weren't there to see it. (like myself)

Videos now are like photos used to be. It's just that you can share them instantly online and not have to wait for a roll of film to be developed and then wait on the mail to deliver them to friends and family.

I don't see that video as screams for attention.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
27-08-2016, 02:18 PM
Reminds me of this nice little film from awhile ago, made without the use of any "stunt" doubles.
27-08-2016, 02:22 PM
Some just have a greater predilection and talent for certain arts even at such a young age. It's an amazing thing to witness.
27-08-2016, 04:03 PM
(27-08-2016 12:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(27-08-2016 11:57 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  It's really cool.

I also can't help but feel a little concerned. I hope this is something the child wanted to do. The child has only been alive for about 3 years at that point and has a lot of skill. I hope the child was not forced into practicing for hours and hours. I do know that young ones tend to learn very quickly so maybe this is not the case. I don't know.
Wow. I feel like a fun-ruiner.

If the child is three I wouldn't worry too much.

It's really hard to force a three year old to do anything they truly don't want to do.

That's good. I wouldn't have known. Thanks. I feel better now. ^.^

☆☆☆
28-08-2016, 01:53 PM
I am an incontinent idiot.

Oh, "incompetent". Sorry!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.