I feel like people my age are so jaded. (dating shit)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2015, 09:04 PM
RE: I feel like people my age are so jaded. (dating shit)
(17-02-2015 08:14 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I have to admit I don't quite understand the hate on someone looking for a partner to help raise their kid.

Seems like a responsible single parent would put their kid first when incorporating someone into the family.

You better believe if I was ever in that position...how that person feels about my kid and how they treat my kid will be the biggest deal breaker.

But off that topic. I agree with what a bunch of others here have said. Going and looking for love never seems to get you there. Just continue doing the things you enjoy and being happy. Someone out there will find that irresistible.

There's an important flip side to this...if a person isn't ready or interested in taking on the role of step parent that is their right and should be respected. It's a lot better to be up front about the issue of kids. A person who isn't interested in that role isn't a bad person just not the right person for a relationship with a single parent.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
18-02-2015, 04:13 AM
(17-02-2015 08:46 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  ....
the greatest guy I've ever known. Big Grin

Oh! I didn't realise. I'm sorry it didn't work out between you and Near.

Hug

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
18-02-2015, 05:13 AM
Interesting posts from everyone. If by LDR you mean Long Distance Relationships, then I agree with Nurse (if I understood what she meant).

I'm not into LDR because it doesn't feel like a relationship to me. I think a relationship is about growing together, and not just physically, so this means also coming into "conflict" sometimes, in a constructive way. I would say "confrontation" but it's not the right term. What I mean is that even if you don't live together, living in the same city/town ensures that there is an exchange of, well, virtually everything you can give. Exchange of opinions and views, where they will never all be the same. As you confront each other (and I mean this in the mild way), there is a growth, you learn about each other, you understand each other. That's what I think counts in a relationship. If that works, then you're 80% done. After all, that's the meaning of "relationship", relating, understanding, appreciating.

Living apart takes away this, which might make seem things go smoother or better, but actually, they're not going anywhere. I'm not saying there cannot be relationships with no "conflicting" at all, but I find that to be unlikely and rare. Even the most compatible couples have conflicting opinions or views. It reminds me of my History/Philosophy teacher that used to tell us "The fact that you (students) are not asking questions about this topic troubles me, because it doesn't mean you understood it, it means you didn't even read about it." Big Grin

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
18-02-2015, 06:11 AM
(18-02-2015 04:13 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(17-02-2015 08:46 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  ....
the greatest guy I've ever known. Big Grin

Oh! I didn't realise. I'm sorry it didn't work out between you and Near.

Hug

I'm gonna smack ya boy. Tongue

Escape. It would take a Near miracle to change that methinks. Lol

Ang: agreed. But there is also a difference between not being interested and hating on. Which he cleared up.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
18-02-2015, 10:52 PM
Logisch, have you dated people outside of your age? I think maybe there are just jaded people in all age groups. I think sometimes stuff doesn't just happen and it takes time. If everyone was a winner this world would probably be utopic or something. Not to come off as pessimistic, because I think also in every age group there are amazing people who are great… it's just that that can take time to find and grow. I agree that, while finding someone on the internet that's great isn't unheard of, looking on the internet isn't necessarily the best route. Personally, I prefer an organic means to meet people. Local meet groups, friends of friends, etc. I think it's good to keep living a social and active life and something may happen. Everything that has happened for you (and I, for that matter) has been very recent. You're young and there is time as far as you know. Judging a couple months of dating is like judging a book by its cover… there are 7 billion+ of us (that's a good thing).

[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post