I feel trapped!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2016, 07:00 PM
RE: I feel trapped!
(16-04-2016 02:53 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  Thanks, guys. ^^

For some reason, I feel like a jerk for leaving Christianity. If I were to go back though, it would not be honest. I would just be going through the motions without being totally convinced of any deity. I like to be honest with myself. My mom seems to be handling it well.

One thing that scares me is when I see a coincidence that makes me think of God or the fact that I left Christianity. I get thoughts like "That's a message from God. Stop ignoring him. You're gonna go to hell." It's really scary. Will it pass with time?

This post really, really resonates with me. Sometimes I feel exactly the same way myself...but I'm almost positive that it's just a product of being conditioned to see God in everything for so many of the most formative years of my life. I suspect you're coming from a similar place. I think (hope) that it will pass with time, or at least lessen like it has with me.
The more that you distance yourself from the environment that's causing all this negativity, the easier it will be. Right now that might just mean hanging out here when you can, and I'm sure you'll find the same kind of support that I've found. Later, in college, you can move even farther away from the emotionally abusive behavior that's being directed at you by those who are trying to drive you back into religion against your will. One of the very best things for me about being in college was being able to make my own choices without feeling like someone else needed to approve them first.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2016, 07:26 PM
Don't be so hard on yourself. Sit back and observe, go through every emotion and doubt you have, face them and evaluate them. Don't hate anybody, they don't know any better. At least you are on the right path, enjoy the journey. You know you can always come back here and talk to people that will understand.
[+] 2 users Like UnicornBabyJesus's post
17-04-2016, 05:13 AM
(16-04-2016 02:53 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  Thanks, guys. ^^

For some reason, I feel like a jerk for leaving Christianity. If I were to go back though, it would not be honest. I would just be going through the motions without being totally convinced of any deity. I like to be honest with myself. My mom seems to be handling it well.

One thing that scares me is when I see a coincidence that makes me think of God or the fact that I left Christianity. I get thoughts like "That's a message from God. Stop ignoring him. You're gonna go to hell." It's really scary. Will it pass with time?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
17-04-2016, 09:54 AM
I had similar experiences when I was in highschool. It sucks. You can feel very isolated, and alone, but you aren't. You at least have an online community, and it really won't be that long before you can go do your own thing. A few years.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
19-04-2016, 08:44 AM
I kind of wonder if there's someone who wouldn't mind talking to me by PM. Since I go to a religious school, I have to go to Bible class. It's really crazy to try to deal with that on my own. It would be nice to talk to someone about something I hear or see at school that is making me overwhelmed.

To me, it's not right to tell young people that they're broken over and over again. Sad
23-04-2016, 04:51 PM
(19-04-2016 08:44 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I kind of wonder if there's someone who wouldn't mind talking to me by PM. Since I go to a religious school, I have to go to Bible class. It's really crazy to try to deal with that on my own. It would be nice to talk to someone about something I hear or see at school that is making me overwhelmed.

To me, it's not right to tell young people that they're broken over and over again. Sad

If they are the ones saying something over and over again, like a broken record, you are probably not the one that's broken. You're fine. They're ... well, let's call them "differently sane." It's not politically correct to call them crazy anymore.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
15-05-2016, 10:07 AM
Welcome to the club. I am former christian myself. So I constantly get bombarded with threats of hell. I am also married to a beleiver because I was a christian at the time we got married. I still love her but sometimes it is difficult to talk to her about things.
15-05-2016, 10:22 AM
(19-04-2016 08:44 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I kind of wonder if there's someone who wouldn't mind talking to me by PM. Since I go to a religious school, I have to go to Bible class. It's really crazy to try to deal with that on my own. It would be nice to talk to someone about something I hear or see at school that is making me overwhelmed.

I'd love to talk to you via PM if you'd like. You seem like a very special person. Smile