I felt proud

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2013, 12:16 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2013 12:23 PM by fstratzero.)
RE: I felt proud
I hate racism.

There is no scientific reason for it in this day and age. People of all races achieve and fail as much as any other.

All his arguments/studies were focused on nonsensical data anyways.

However in spite of my views. Thanks Ghost.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2013, 12:28 PM
(13-02-2013 01:50 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Race is not a construct of evolution or evolution theory. That whole 3/5 of a person thing was before ol' Darwin. Skin color is an adaptation to ones local environment, yes. But we are all the same species, we are not separate species nor different subspecies.

Nuff said. The idea of races (three, to be more precise, the idea of more than three is even more ignorant) is dying. And good riddance to it, too.

"While it is clear that individuals whose ancestors hail from different parts of the planet can be genetically distinguished from one another with high confidence, we know almost nothing about how those differences translate into differences in biologically important characteristics," Tilghman said. "The reason is simple -- most of the complex human characteristics we might wish to understand, like susceptibility to common diseases such as heart disease or stroke, or traits such as athleticism, aggressiveness and especially intelligence, are the consequences of the action of many genes acting in concert, not single ones, and the tools we need for identifying and studying those genes are proving to be very elusive."

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
12-05-2013, 01:15 PM
I can't add much to what has already been so eloquently said, but I have never understood how anyone thinks we have the luxury of writing off whole groups of people based on stereotypes. The way I see it, we need everyone's contributions and talents since we're all on the crazy train together.

Godless in the Magnolia State
[+] 1 user Likes cjs's post
12-05-2013, 01:51 PM
^That, and it's also irritating when people say "You're only saying that to be PC." [headdesk] No, I'm saying there is no scientific basis for racism because there is no scientific basis for racism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like amyb's post
12-05-2013, 04:05 PM
Racism has no place in this world. I fight to end that mess where ever I see it's ugly head.
I've been a single white father raising a black son for the past 21 years ever since his mother passed away.
Today is Mothers Day and it's always difficult on this day.

Growing up, most everyone in our hometown community accepted from the start, without question, that I was his father and he my son, because that is how I told them it was.
I found once you told someone the relationship, they accepted it and life went on.

I have a couple nephews who are mixed and a grandson who is mixed so racism is a family issue for me.
I can be violently protective when it comes to my family and this community we have here is like family.

~Fin

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 7 users Like Rahn127's post
13-05-2013, 09:17 AM
Damn, it looks like I missed all this yesterday. There's nothing that typically gets me going more than racism, prejudice, or bigotry so I wish I had been around yesterday. But, unfortunately, I haven't been here much at all lately due to a completely flooded schedule both at home and work.

Ghost,
That was quite an opening up and I commend you for it. This is a great community to help one feel comfortable doing so. People here have a lot of different opinions, but except for the occasional drive-bys, everyone seems tolerant, educated, and has thought deeply about his/her beliefs - both religious and otherwise.

I have friends who are black, others who are homosexual, and others who are Jewish. I am also married to a Jewish woman whose mother is a holocaust survivor and who spent part of her childhood in a concentration camp. So I am no stranger to racism and bigotry. I myself was a victim of bullying as a child, which although it's not the same or as bad as being a victim of racism, it isn't all that different either - feeling hated for no reason at all and mostly so others could get a pat on their back from people they call friends. Although I am long since over it since it ended upon graduating high school, the experience has scarred me life in many ways. So I can only imagine what it must be like to experience hatred throughout ones life. But it's disgusting and sickening and I have never been able to sit by idly and say nothing - in person or online - when I see it raise its ugly head.

Silence is only golden when it's not synonymous with a failure to speak out against injustice.

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." --Gene Roddenberry
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
15-05-2013, 07:40 PM
Before I throw my toys out the pram and make an enemy of Ghost and others, could we get an update in here, please?

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ers-Banned

Thanks.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
16-05-2013, 01:05 AM
(12-05-2013 10:09 AM)Dom Wrote:  ...
Also, we tend to forget that many countries and cultures are still very uneducated and believe whatever crap has been passed down to them.

By which, I assume you are referring to the good ol' US of A, right?

Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post