I finally got help.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2015, 04:39 AM
RE: I finally got help.
I'm so glad you were able to get help, and that meds are working for you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
26-09-2015, 06:04 AM
Good going! Thumbsup

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
26-09-2015, 07:22 AM
I'm happy that you're happy. Big Grin

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
26-09-2015, 08:13 AM
Chemistry for the win. Thumbsup

Trying to explain depression to someone who has not experienced it is a tough go. Moreover, convincing someone who is depressed that they really, really need help is a tough go.

Yeah, mind drugs are scary ... until they work. Yes

My depression went on for decades until my doctor and I accidentally discovered it when he prescribed Wellbutrin® (bupropion) to help me quit smoking.
Suddenly, I felt OK.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
26-09-2015, 08:28 AM
Bravo!

I've seen first hand what depression does and breaking the cycle is no small feat. I'm truly happy for you.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
26-09-2015, 08:41 AM
That's fabulous! Hug

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
26-09-2015, 08:47 AM
(26-09-2015 08:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  My depression went on for decades

So, pretty much no time at all, for you, right? Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-09-2015, 09:01 AM
I'm so relieved and happy for you! Heart Thank you for getting the help you clearly knew you needed!

However, I'm so fucking pissed they were so insistent on turning you away!! What the actual fuck?! That process you went through needs to be re-evaluated as soon as possible.

Just think of another person -a shy person, an introvert, someone who might not be comfortable with people or simply uncomfortable with confrontation- in similar shape, they'd be turned away with no where to go. That person who isn't going to demand help, runs the risk of becoming a statistic.

It's wrong. The failure of our mental health facilities in this country is a nightmare. No

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
26-09-2015, 10:07 AM
There are a number of us here who have depression. I myself have major depressive disorder (nee clinical depression). Mine manifested itself physiologically in my gut instead of my head. I couldn't get out of bed without retching or puking. Doc started me on an SSRI (seems to be their first line treatment). It made my gut worse. 95% of serotonin is in the gut not the head. My problem was not low serotonin, it was low dopamine. Wellbutrin is the only antidepressant which raises dopamine and leaves the serotonin alone.

Feel better soon.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-09-2015, 10:52 AM
(26-09-2015 09:01 AM)kim Wrote:  I'm so relieved and happy for you! Heart Thank you for getting the help you clearly knew you needed!

However, I'm so fucking pissed they were so insistent on turning you away!! What the actual fuck?! That process you went through needs to be re-evaluated as soon as possible.

Just think of another person -a shy person, an introvert, someone who might not be comfortable with people or simply uncomfortable with confrontation- in similar shape, they'd be turned away with no where to go. That person who isn't going to demand help, runs the risk of becoming a statistic.

It's wrong. The failure of our mental health facilities in this country is a nightmare. No

I complained to the manager. She said it never should have happened and would address that person. She said they have a policy that if you haven't seen the primary care doctor in a long time you are treated as a new patient. But she wanted to help and made sure I saw someone and said help is most important. The lady who initially spoke to me was kind of a bitch.

And also thank you everyone for the support.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 3 users Like Logisch's post