I finally landed on Earth last night!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2012, 09:54 AM
RE: I finally landed on Earth last night!
(03-05-2012 09:37 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  
(02-05-2012 11:20 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Well I didn't get as far as I might have liked. After what seemed like two hours surviving the part where you have to defend the missile truck I finally got killed by the numerous Banshees that appear. I held em off for a while but ran out of medi-gel. Liara and EDI seem to be make a pretty good team. I'll have another go at it tomorrow. It's probably more than I can put up with tonight.
Yeah you might want a little more firepower at this point. Liara and EDI are good support if you're playing a soldier yourself, but if you're not then someone with a little more kick like Garrus or Ashely would do the trick.

You're almost there though. Not much longer to go.
My profile is a soldier. I use the Carnage power but it doesn't work on shielded opponets. Liara has the Warp thing that lifts them off the ground but I'm not sure if it works on Banshees. That'd be nice. Perhaps some concusive or disrupter ammo would damage the shield enough to use Warp or Carnage. I tend to use my sniper rifle on them and Brutes because of the stopping power but it's so damn slow to reload. I use the Geth Pulse Rifle because it's fast, accurate, and holds 700+ rounds but doesn't do much damage. The pistol is always handy. Shotgun gets me killed while reloading all the time. I have Garrus but don't know who Ashely is. My only team optinos are Garrus, James, EDI, and Liara.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2012, 10:15 AM
I need to get me3 sometime... although, it will be yet another thing wasting my time and preventing me from continuing with my manga. I'd probably just end up playing it all day... god dammit!

[Image: opforum1.png]
03-05-2012, 10:36 AM
(03-05-2012 10:15 AM)frankiej Wrote:  I need to get me3 sometime... although, it will be yet another thing wasting my time and preventing me from continuing with my manga. I'd probably just end up playing it all day... god dammit!
After I beat it I'm switching it to the hardest difficulty and playign it all over again. I wonder if it'll let me restart with all my current atributes and weapons.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
03-05-2012, 10:38 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2012 10:39 AM by Smooshmonster.)
(03-05-2012 09:54 AM)germanyt Wrote:  My profile is a soldier. I use the Carnage power but it doesn't work on shielded opponets. Liara has the Warp thing that lifts them off the ground but I'm not sure if it works on Banshees. That'd be nice. Perhaps some concusive or disrupter ammo would damage the shield enough to use Warp or Carnage. I tend to use my sniper rifle on them and Brutes because of the stopping power but it's so damn slow to reload. I use the Geth Pulse Rifle because it's fast, accurate, and holds 700+ rounds but doesn't do much damage. The pistol is always handy. Shotgun gets me killed while reloading all the time. I have Garrus but don't know who Ashely is. My only team optinos are Garrus, James, EDI, and Liara.

Oh, that's a little odd. I didn't know it was possible to play without either Ashley or Kaidan. Did you have Kaidan at some point?

You do have a good and balanced team. Singularity (which is how Liara lifts people off their feet) doesn't work on Banshees, but warp is very effective against them, especially once they're down to the armour. EDI has "overload" which will fry badguys' shields, leaving them open to your carnage power.
(03-05-2012 10:36 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(03-05-2012 10:15 AM)frankiej Wrote:  I need to get me3 sometime... although, it will be yet another thing wasting my time and preventing me from continuing with my manga. I'd probably just end up playing it all day... god dammit!
After I beat it I'm switching it to the hardest difficulty and playign it all over again. I wonder if it'll let me restart with all my current atributes and weapons.
Yeah you can import yourself from ME3 after you finish the game and replay.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
03-05-2012, 10:45 AM
(03-05-2012 10:38 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  
(03-05-2012 09:54 AM)germanyt Wrote:  My profile is a soldier. I use the Carnage power but it doesn't work on shielded opponets. Liara has the Warp thing that lifts them off the ground but I'm not sure if it works on Banshees. That'd be nice. Perhaps some concusive or disrupter ammo would damage the shield enough to use Warp or Carnage. I tend to use my sniper rifle on them and Brutes because of the stopping power but it's so damn slow to reload. I use the Geth Pulse Rifle because it's fast, accurate, and holds 700+ rounds but doesn't do much damage. The pistol is always handy. Shotgun gets me killed while reloading all the time. I have Garrus but don't know who Ashely is. My only team optinos are Garrus, James, EDI, and Liara.

Oh, that's a little odd. I didn't know it was possible to play without either Ashley or Kaidan. Did you have Kaidan at some point?

You do have a good and balanced team. Singularity (which is how Liara lifts people off their feet) doesn't work on Banshees, but warp is very effective against them, especially once they're down to the armour. EDI has "overload" which will fry badguys' shields, leaving them open to your carnage power.
(03-05-2012 10:36 AM)germanyt Wrote:  After I beat it I'm switching it to the hardest difficulty and playign it all over again. I wonder if it'll let me restart with all my current atributes and weapons.
I'm a little weak on powers. Until the Kai Leng ending I had never used it so I'm just starting to get the hang of it. Don't know a Kaidan either. IIRC I've only had those 4 available. I've noticed in TY walkthroughs that they have more to choose from but I assumed it was from having played ME1 and 2.

-Mark Twain
07-05-2012, 08:47 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2012 08:48 AM by germanyt.)
So I finally beat the game. I was a little disappointed that there wasn't a 'main boss' to kill. But I suppose the Reapers cannot be taken down one at a time. It sucks that I had to make a choice at the end and die either way. I chose to destroy the Reapers and the mass relays. It would have been cooler to drive the Citadel around space chasing down reapers one by one. Anyway, I started the game over, imported my character, and changed the difficulty to insanity. I played for 4 hours last night. It's crazy how easy it seems now even on the hardest difficulty. Having upgraded weapons and attributes helps a lot.
(03-05-2012 10:45 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(03-05-2012 10:38 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  Oh, that's a little odd. I didn't know it was possible to play without either Ashley or Kaidan. Did you have Kaidan at some point?

I'm a little weak on powers. Until the Kai Leng ending I had never used it so I'm just starting to get the hang of it. Don't know a Kaidan either. IIRC I've only had those 4 available. I've noticed in TY walkthroughs that they have more to choose from but I assumed it was from having played ME1 and 2.
Also, I figured out who Kaiden was. He's the guy that EDI kills in the first scene with her. Was I even able to stop EDI from killing him? It happens in a scene, not while playing.

-Mark Twain
09-05-2012, 06:13 AM
No final boss you say? What about Marauder Shields?

I agree with you though. The ending seemed very anticlimactic. I'd have liked to blow up some reapers. It seemed the whole game was building towards that. Instead we got a sparkly god-child and colour-coded endings.

I don't know what the requirements are for Kaiden not to be killed in that scene. You can't stop her, but for me he survived getting beaten up and ended up in memorial hospital for half the game. Maybe it has to do with importing an ME2 save. See if he survives on your second playthrough and let us know.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
09-05-2012, 07:46 AM
(09-05-2012 06:13 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  No final boss you say? What about Marauder Shields?

I agree with you though. The ending seemed very anticlimactic. I'd have liked to blow up some reapers. It seemed the whole game was building towards that. Instead we got a sparkly god-child and colour-coded endings.

I don't know what the requirements are for Kaiden not to be killed in that scene. You can't stop her, but for me he survived getting beaten up and ended up in memorial hospital for half the game. Maybe it has to do with importing an ME2 save. See if he survives on your second playthrough and let us know.
Now that you mention it he might have lived. Is he the guy in the room on the right at Huerta Memorial? Or is that the guy in the embassy who has the office on the left just before the shooting range? Either way, he's never been on my team list. I'm pretty much using James and Liara exclusively now. James has Caranage and Liara has Singularity so we make a pretty lethal team. I didn't play last night but I'm onto the planet where you save the Primarch. Damn brutes are a pain on insanity. I'm not looking forward to fighting Banshees like this.

-Mark Twain
09-08-2012, 01:20 AM
(02-05-2012 11:20 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Well I didn't get as far as I might have liked. After what seemed like two hours surviving the part where you have to defend the missile truck I finally got killed by the numerous Banshees that appear. I held em off for a while but ran out of medi-gel. Liara and EDI seem to be make a pretty good team. I'll have another go at it tomorrow. It's probably more than I can put up with tonight.

As soon as the Edi tells you that the missles are ready to go, you have to make a mad dash for the control console. If you don't, the enemies keep coming without end. It might take a few tries, but it does work.