I finally told my mom

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2015, 05:39 PM
RE: I finally told my mom
(29-05-2015 04:55 PM)WalkingSnake Wrote:  There's a chance that I've opened pandora's box though. My mom texted me today and asked me to give her a copy of my "deconversion" testimony so she could have a team of 5 elders pray over it. Huh Dodgy

I think you have to do what you feel comfortable with. If you do give her a copy of your deconversion--just be prepared to answer a barrage of questions.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2015, 05:55 PM
If you're comfortable, then give it to her... it won't change anything, it's not like a voodoo doll can be made from it. That you gotta watch out for, voodoo is some scary stuff and not to be trifled with! (OK, just kidding)...
29-05-2015, 06:42 PM
(29-05-2015 04:55 PM)WalkingSnake Wrote:  There's a chance that I've opened pandora's box though. My mom texted me today and asked me to give her a copy of my "deconversion" testimony so she could have a team of 5 elders pray over it. Huh Dodgy

Tell them if they're really close to the Lard, and prophets, they can just pray over the sealed envelope and the Lard will reveal it all to them.
Send them blank pages. (I'm an evil person). Laugh out load

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
29-05-2015, 07:38 PM
I finally told my mom
Going on Bucky's suggestion, give them blank pages. Say you wrote it with invisible ink. That way, God can read it, they can't, but God will know what's in your heart and fix it if he sees fit.
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post
30-05-2015, 06:35 AM
Had a long talk with my dad yesterday. First my stepmom is agnostic, so he has that healthy little influence in my opinion. I hope she gets through to him a bit.

But his response was way better than my real mom's. He still believes and all that. And would like me to at least reconsider, but he said he doesn't believe in a God that condemns people for not believing. So there's that.

My mom, says she's not condemning. Yet she's still concerned for the state of my soul.
[+] 1 user Likes WalkingSnake's post
30-05-2015, 06:41 AM
(29-05-2015 03:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Well done. I finally sold my mom. Angel

Did you at least share the proceeds with your dad?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
30-05-2015, 11:52 PM
Good going, there are so many out there who are still too afraid to come out of the closet and many more who just simply won't use the word atheist because they think agnostic is some sort of middle ground that stands on its own.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
02-06-2015, 10:01 AM

She's against organized religion and yet she is organizing people to pray????
02-06-2015, 10:26 AM

Send them a copy of "God is Not Great" and have them pray over that. Maybe one will even read it.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
02-06-2015, 10:41 AM
Just write a small 42. On a single piece of paper. They'll get all their questions answered.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post