I find this ridiculous

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2013, 11:59 AM
I find this ridiculous
Evidently this girl drew the number 666 for her race bib and she can't risk her relationship with god by wearing it. She's dropping from the race.

It's sad that people can still think that a number holds some power. Go Kentucky!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool...18529.html

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
06-11-2013, 12:07 PM
RE: I find this ridiculous
Yeah, I saw that yesterday. I wish they'd given me that number when I ran cross country.

I used to work as a convenience store clerk, and people would add items if their total came to $6.66. People are dumb.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like amyb's post
06-11-2013, 12:13 PM
(06-11-2013 11:59 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Evidently this girl drew the number 666 for her race bib and she can't risk her relationship with god by wearing it. She's dropping from the race.

It's sad that people can still think that a number holds some power. Go Kentucky!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool...18529.html

What amazes me is that I've met people who think this way, yet simultaneously think that the "no floor 13" thing is just ridiculous. I can't tell you how many times in my retail career that I had someone grab a candy bar or put something back because the numbers were in the total. I once had a lady who's total came to something like $3,625.66 who bought a soda just so there wouldn't be 3 sixes in her total.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
06-11-2013, 12:55 PM
When I was a cashier in high school a lady's change came out to $66.66 and she took the 60 bucks and then jerked her hand back and practically ran away. It was really surprising lol.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
06-11-2013, 01:13 PM
I heard a rumor back in the early 90s, 666Mhz computers were renamed to 667Mhz for religious reasons.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
06-11-2013, 01:16 PM
(06-11-2013 01:13 PM)sporehux Wrote:  I heard a rumor back in the early 90s, 666Mhz computers were renamed to 667Mhz for religious reasons.

I heard a rumor that they had to change the name of the Nova before they could sell it in Mexico. I don't know why this reminded me of it lol.
06-11-2013, 01:23 PM
Why didn't they just reassign her number though, seems a bit off that she still didn't get to run Sad

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
06-11-2013, 01:26 PM
(06-11-2013 01:23 PM)morondog Wrote:  Why didn't they just reassign her number though, seems a bit off that she still didn't get to run Sad

I know. As much as I think it is stupid they should have given her another number. Like Amyb says above I wish they gave me that number!Evil_monster

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
06-11-2013, 01:31 PM
lol. it was not just a rumour.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Int...processors
check the pentium iii 667 speed , is actually 666

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
06-11-2013, 01:52 PM
I simply refuse to stay on the 14th floor of any hotel because it's really the 13th and they aren't fooling me.

/sarcasm

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post