I find this ridiculous

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2013, 01:52 PM
RE: I find this ridiculous
(06-11-2013 01:31 PM)sporehux Wrote:  lol. it was not just a rumour.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Int...processors
check the pentium iii 667 speed , is actually 666

Mine wasn't a rumor either Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Shit. I used to work at a phone company and you would be floored by the amount of superstition out there about numbers. It's fucking crazy. It's not just that stupid 666 number bullshit ... Asians are really bad about it with the number 4; evidently it sounds like the word "death" or something.

I hope there are some Asian folk here who can explain this bullshit. I can't tell you how many times I had to change someone's fucking telephone numbers for this very reason!! It's ridiculous!

I do not know and I do not care; people need to get their shit together and become a grown up before they die or just fuck off and let me be and adult in peace. Drinking Beverage

rant /end

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
06-11-2013, 02:12 PM
(06-11-2013 02:05 PM)kim Wrote:  Shit. I used to work at a phone company and you would be floored by the amount of superstition out there about numbers. It's fucking crazy. It's not just that stupid 666 number bullshit ... Asians are really bad about it with the number 4; evidently it sounds like the word "death" or something.

I hope there are some Asian folk here who can explain this bullshit. I can't tell you how many times I had to change someone's fucking telephone numbers for this very reason!! It's ridiculous!

I do not know and I do not care; people need to get their shit together and become a grown up before they die or just fuck off and let me be and adult in peace. Drinking Beverage

rant /end

Back several years ago, I worked for Verizon and they released a bunch of new numbers in the area code. One of them were 666 numbers. People freaked out about it. One friend I had specifically switched to Verizon so she could have a 666 exchange. I thought she was just being funny but it turns out her extremely religious family absolutely refused to dial her number.

She's a smart cookie.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 7 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
06-11-2013, 04:30 PM
Man, if I drew 666 I would flaunt it! Superstitions are fucking dumb, but people that hold great fear for a number are even more stupid.
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
06-11-2013, 04:33 PM
(06-11-2013 04:30 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Man, if I drew 666 I would flaunt it! Superstitions are fucking dumb, but people that hold great fear for a number are even more stupid.

On my exams at school I drew 666, pentagrams, Slayer logos and I even once drew a drawing of two tourists getting sexually assaulted by a bear (you don't want to know why). You can tell I'm not scared by that sheeiit.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
06-11-2013, 04:46 PM
(06-11-2013 04:33 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  On my exams at school I drew 666, pentagrams, Slayer logos and I even once drew a drawing of two tourists getting sexually assaulted by a bear (you don't want to know why). You can tell I'm not scared by that sheeiit.

Can I move to your country? Smile
06-11-2013, 04:53 PM
(06-11-2013 04:46 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(06-11-2013 04:33 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  On my exams at school I drew 666, pentagrams, Slayer logos and I even once drew a drawing of two tourists getting sexually assaulted by a bear (you don't want to know why). You can tell I'm not scared by that sheeiit.

Can I move to your country? Smile

[Image: 67dc0b6dcaf067d147547dd195e9ed70.png]

Sorry, I just had to use that pic someplace.

BTW, I got an A on that exam where I drew the bear stuff.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
06-11-2013, 05:14 PM
I run road races and recently came across a runner wearing the '666' bib. I told her I thought it was pretty cool that she drew that number. She said it didn't bother her a bit and she couldn't care less what her number was. She just laughed it off. I would like to think most people would react this way but some folks will find anything to be offended by.

This little Kentucky high school princess was just looking for attention and I guess she got it.

"You can stick your moral standards, because it's all a dirty lie" -Bon Scott
[+] 3 users Like januarymick's post
06-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Bitches be crazy.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
07-11-2013, 05:48 PM
(06-11-2013 11:59 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Evidently this girl drew the number 666 for her race bib and she can't risk her relationship with god by wearing it. She's dropping from the race.

Why didn't she just wear it upside down?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post