I found religion today!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2015, 11:41 PM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2015 12:05 AM by Shadow Fox.)
I found religion today!
Ok ok! I know I said I was a Kopimist when I signed up here ( I still am ), but THIS ONE is different!

Today! I just became ordained as a Priest of Dudism! All it took was 5 minutes to read about dudism, and twenty seconds to fill out a form with just my name and email.

An ancient philosophy that preachers non-preachyness. The worlds slowest growing religion and the only things we need to do is relax, abide and try and promise to not be a rug pisser! Thats...pretty much about it really. Anything else too complex or rulezy just makes things too complicated and that is very undude like.

For those who have no idea about the dude. I suggest you go out, watch the Big Lebowski movie, and absorb its message so you know what the hell I am talking about. Plus, its good to watch a nice movie. Especially if you chill with your friends doing it.

http://dudeism.com/

Now, I just need to visit the county clerk in my area and I cam be signed up to be legally registered to perform weddings and funerals. Sleepy

Now if you excuse me, I gotta go abide someplace and do stuff I enjoy.

My life was dull, full of headache and bad things that made me feel bad, as well as good times and things that made me feel good.
After I discovered dudism, my life....didn't change at all. And I am thankful for that! Although, I will abide a lot more from now on and fight against all things un-dude like in the future. Un-dude things like rug pissers, brats, nihilists, solipsists, preachy-ness people, bad religion dudes who are un-dude like and try and piss on our rugs and hate on us and others.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Shadow Fox's post
25-02-2015, 11:57 PM
RE: I found religion today!
Dude!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
26-02-2015, 12:02 AM
I just got ordained!!!!!!! Thanks Fox!!

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
26-02-2015, 05:32 AM
I found religion today!
I've been a Dudeist priest for a couple years now. It's pretty nice. Smile Welcome to the rug.
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post
26-02-2015, 06:20 AM
I am now an Ordained Dudeist Priest. I will add that to my ordination as a Minister in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (pasta be upon him).

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
26-02-2015, 06:36 AM
I'd join, but fuck it man. Lets go bowling.
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
26-02-2015, 06:49 AM
Just ordained into Dudeism. Angel

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
26-02-2015, 08:57 AM
(26-02-2015 06:36 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I'd join, but fuck it man. Lets go bowling.

Just don't bring any guns. I don't care how important a league game is.
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
26-02-2015, 09:07 AM
(25-02-2015 11:41 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Ok ok! I know I said I was a Kopimist when I signed up here ( I still am ), but THIS ONE is different!

Today! I just became ordained as a Priest of Dudism! All it took was 5 minutes to read about dudism, and twenty seconds to fill out a form with just my name and email.

An ancient philosophy that preachers non-preachyness. The worlds slowest growing religion and the only things we need to do is relax, abide and try and promise to not be a rug pisser! Thats...pretty much about it really. Anything else too complex or rulezy just makes things too complicated and that is very undude like.

For those who have no idea about the dude. I suggest you go out, watch the Big Lebowski movie, and absorb its message so you know what the hell I am talking about. Plus, its good to watch a nice movie. Especially if you chill with your friends doing it.

http://dudeism.com/

Now, I just need to visit the county clerk in my area and I cam be signed up to be legally registered to perform weddings and funerals. Sleepy

Now if you excuse me, I gotta go abide someplace and do stuff I enjoy.

My life was dull, full of headache and bad things that made me feel bad, as well as good times and things that made me feel good.
After I discovered dudism, my life....didn't change at all. And I am thankful for that! Although, I will abide a lot more from now on and fight against all things un-dude like in the future. Un-dude things like rug pissers, brats, nihilists, solipsists, preachy-ness people, bad religion dudes who are un-dude like and try and piss on our rugs and hate on us and others.

[Image: 9i4aon.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
26-02-2015, 10:09 AM
I found religion today!
Think this is how jesus got so popular? So folks sitting around saying "you know that Jesus guy? He's really chill, and he healed that guy that got the wood splinters in his eyes, saved him from going blind. Also, when that wedding we were all at ran out of wine, he showed up with more(kind of like the frat brother that brings the keg). In a thousand years the Dude will be worshipped for his feats on the pine.
[+] 1 user Likes Typhon's post