I got a flu vaccination yesterday.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2011, 03:35 PM
RE: I got a flu vaccination yesterday.
Every year there is a flu epidemic according to the Fear Monger...ohh I mean the News outlets.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2011, 05:41 PM
(18-09-2011 03:35 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  Every year there is a flu epidemic according to the Fear Monger...ohh I mean the News outlets.

Its called flu season, if you've gone to a western school than chances are you've experienced it.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
28-09-2011, 11:30 AM
The mercury, Ethylmercury which is also called Thimerosal, in vaccines is very different from the Mercury (methylmercury) you are thinking of in thermometers and in fish.

Here's a link to the CDC discussing this. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/Concern..._faqs.html
28-09-2011, 02:17 PM
I think (but am not 100% sure) that Thimerorsal has been removed from most vaccines, at least in the US. Or, maybe more accurately, the mercury has been removed.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
30-09-2011, 06:00 PM

(18-09-2011 08:11 AM)BnW Wrote:  Oh, one final point on the autism thing: something is going on there. There is no doubt that there is a huge increase of kids on the spectrum in western countries. I read something in the past 6 months that suggest it may be a combination of several artificial factors added into our environment. Between the steroids put into meat vs. all the crap we put into our air and, yes, perhaps even vaccines play a part in it, but the current theory is it is several agents working together to cause the issue. Hopefully someone figures it out.

Myself, I think that it's not that more children have Autism, but it's that more children are being diagnosed with Autism. I've read quite a few studies on it, and I've reached the conclusion that Autism might be over-diagnosed. I used to have a link to one of them bookmarked, but I deleted it some time back;if I find it again, I'll edit this post to include it.

Though, overall, I completely agree with one you said, outside of that paragraph.
Quote this message in a reply
30-09-2011, 07:24 PM
It may be over diagnosis today as well as under diagnosis in the past that makes it seem like such an epidemic. It really seems like something is going on, but who knows if it's real or imagined. But, the idea that vaccines are "bad" and we should not take them when they are saving lives is just nuts.

30-09-2011, 07:41 PM
(30-09-2011 07:24 PM)BnW Wrote:  It may be over diagnosis today as well as under diagnosis in the past that makes it seem like such an epidemic. It really seems like something is going on, but who knows if it's real or imagined. But, the idea that vaccines are "bad" and we should not take them when they are saving lives is just nuts.

If I am not mistaken (and please correct me if I am), there seems to be also a correlation between age of the parents, especially the mother, and incidence of autism. I think we can all agree that the age at which people have kids has raised significantly.

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
01-10-2011, 07:59 AM
I don't think that's right. There is a definite correlation, and causation, between the age of the mother and things like Down Syndrome and some other genetic forms of mental retardation, but I don't believe there is any proven causation between age an autism. I suppose there could be a correlation simply because we have more cases being diagnosed and people are having children later in life but I'm not aware of anyone claiming there is any kind of causal link between the two.

01-10-2011, 12:33 PM
I assumed that we've all seen Abbie Smith's presentation at the Oklahoma Freethought Convention, because TheThinkingAtheist presented it not only on the home page here but also in his podcast.

Basically, the argument here is that the one scientific article that linked vaccines with autism was found to be false upon peer review, but even if it was true, we'd still be deciding whether it's worse to have autism or the diseases that vaccines are responsible for eradicating. Is it even halfway plausible to suggest that we'd rather have small pox (or mumps, rubella, tetanus, etc.) than autism?

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
01-10-2011, 10:21 PM
(18-09-2011 08:11 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(15-09-2011 05:05 PM)bemore Wrote:  EDIT: I forgot to mention that Autism may be caused by vaccinations.....not for nefarious reasons but possibly in the application of them.

Here is an example of exactly the reason I hate conspiracy theories and get really angry with the people who propagate them. There is zero scientific evidence to link vaccines and autism.......

Oh, one final point on the autism thing: something is going on there. There is no doubt that there is a huge increase of kids on the spectrum in western countries. I read something in the past 6 months that suggest it may be a combination of several artificial factors added into our environment. Between the steroids put into meat vs. all the crap we put into our air and, yes, perhaps even vaccines play a part in it, but the current theory is it is several agents working together to cause the issue. Hopefully someone figures it out.

I too agree I don't think there is evidence of vaccines causing autism. HOWEVER...our beloved govt has been found out on other "conspiracies", (food pyramid, for one) so the problem isn't exactly - can vaccines cause autism, the problem is we have become so cynical & jaded, we're willing to believe it. I know I had my son vaccinated years later than recommended. But before you jump all over me, let me point out he was on the same schedule as certain European countries, countries that, might I add, have healthier children by every standard.

Our govt jerks us around; Pharma companies have every reason in the world to lie; the internet shows us real & fake info, & often you cannot tell them apart; one's own dr is overloaded & sometimes co-opted by said pharma co's. The result? We have no trust when we are told something is safe.

In re "huge increase of kids on the spectrum in western countries" - That is sooooo complicated. There is also a vast increase in asthma, which is an auto immune disorder. Also allergies, which are much the same. But there are so many new factors, it's nearly impossible to parse out. Compare the # of chemicals in our lives to what there was in the average person's life 200 years ago. We are breathing, drinking, eating, wiping on our skin a mix of stuff that we never have encountered in tens of thousands of years. Add that to how we've messed up our guts with sugar & no fiber. It's true they didn't have a name for asperger's when I was a kid, but it's still true there are increases in all sorts of health anomalies as our systems are assaulted & really, experimented on, by modern culture.

Every time you say you don't believe, Jesus rips the wings off a fairy. - SkepticalParenting.com