I got a flu vaccination yesterday.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2011, 10:14 AM
RE: I got a flu vaccination yesterday.
EML

Nothing there I would jump on you for. On the contrary, I agree with pretty much every word and innuendo you made. Our government does not always act in our best interest and I've no doubt that large monied interests set many of the agendas. There are too many examples of this to deny it. My issue is when people focus on these batshit crazy theories that have no basis in fact, the actual problems become easier to just ignore.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2011, 10:59 AM
(02-10-2011 10:14 AM)BnW Wrote:  EML

Nothing there I would jump on you for. On the contrary, I agree with pretty much every word and innuendo you made. Our government does not always act in our best interest and I've no doubt that large monied interests set many of the agendas. There are too many examples of this to deny it. My issue is when people focus on these batshit crazy theories that have no basis in fact, the actual problems become easier to just ignore.

Totally. My point is that with the govt & corps being so duplicitous, & having a history of lying, it becomes difficult to figure out what's true, what's a conspiracy theory, & what's a real conspiracy. It's easier to be sympathetic to people on the edge, especially when it's parents talking about the health of their kids, when one sees all the times the truth has indeed been covered or manufactured. It's a frustrating things, finding info in this world.

Every time you say you don't believe, Jesus rips the wings off a fairy. - SkepticalParenting.com
03-10-2011, 03:44 AM
Well I was given 3 vaccinations at the same time about a month ago... I don't feel any different than before, if anything I feel healthier.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
17-10-2011, 12:39 PM
(18-09-2011 05:41 PM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  
(18-09-2011 03:35 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  Every year there is a flu epidemic according to the Fear Monger...ohh I mean the News outlets.

Its called flu season, if you've gone to a western school than chances are you've experienced it.

Yes its called flu season to the rational minded, its called the OMGONOZ WTFBBQSAUCE FLU EPIDEMIC on the news outlets.
22-10-2011, 10:10 AM
As a previous commenter mentioned, if you have any doubts about the importance, necessity and basic safety of vaccines, definitely go and watch Abbie Smith's OK Freethought presentation. Also, there is a good summing up of all vaccine concerns at Skeptoid, this link.

For anyone who didn't manage to sit through or understand Abbie Smith's detailed talk on the subject here's the take-away: When science tells us that a particular vaccine is "99% effective" that does NOT mean that it is 99% effective for everyone who receives it. It means that it is 100% ineffective for 1% of the population who receives it. Those people are not protected by the vaccine, and rely on the herd immunity of the population for protection from the disease being vaccinated against.

So who is the 1%? It could be anyone. You, me, your child, my mother--anyone. Without a specific anti-body test there's no way to know. It is therefore in EVERYONE's best interest to make sure that the overwhelming majority of the population is vaccinated.

Are vaccines dangerous? In certain, limited ways, yes. They have effects on people, and ANYTHING that has an effect (unlike homeopathy) can potentially be dangerous. The minimal risks of most vaccines however are far outweighed by the benefits.

Certainly inform yourself about the real risks and rewards of vaccination. But if your sources of information have names like Andrew Wakefield or Jennifer McCarthy attached to them, chances are you are not being honestly informed.
23-10-2011, 03:55 PM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2011 04:00 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
Big Grin RE: I got a flu vaccination yesterday.
Doesnt the Flu Vaccine contain only a handful of viruses?
23-10-2011, 04:31 PM
(23-10-2011 03:55 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  Doesnt the Flu Vaccine contain only a handful of viruses?

Dead viruses commonly, it allows your immune system a chance to adapt to them safely.
That was what one of my 3 vaccines were.
I don't remember which one though, I got one for MMR, Tetanus, and Meningitis respectively.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"