I got a job

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2016, 10:44 PM
RE: I got a job
(23-03-2016 08:38 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Well, it's a two week trial I'm doing with a job coach, and after that everything will come into place. It's at a small retail store, and I'll be unboxing/assembling stuff and basically just helping out with various things. Pay is $10/hr and so far I only have to work 4 hrs per day, but I might work more hours in the future. It's good exercise too. Current plan is to save money.

Welcome to the machine!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
23-03-2016, 10:50 PM
(23-03-2016 10:20 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 10:13 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  So no jokes then? That sucks... I used to use humor to help with my social anxiety.

Now that I don't have social anxiety, I use humor because the adult world is a bleak and horribly boring place, full of simple people and canned responses. Nobody asks me how I'm doing anymore, because "good" never seems like an accurate answer.

Anyway, I suppose you likely projected negatively on his reply because you're anxious. I read it as a friendly joke which was appropriate for an atheist forum.

I might've misread it. However I've read some of KUSA's posts and he did not seem like someone of an agreeable character to me, so it could've been a knee-jerk reaction on my part. If I did misread it I apologize. Tongue
On the other hand I thought your response was bloody hilarious! Congratulations on the job, hope it works out.Smile

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
24-03-2016, 01:05 AM
Ooooh, that's great GenNem. I'm happy for you. Hopefully all goes well and you can build up some more hours. Well done.
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
24-03-2016, 07:24 AM
Clap

Way to go. Good luck.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post