I got called a Satanist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2014, 09:12 PM
I got called a Satanist
I was giving a coworker some grief about his belief in Christianity and I asked him if he was gonna arm wrestle Jesus when he got to heaven. He got pissed and called me a Satanist and said the devil was using me to get to him.

I couldn't stop laughing.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
08-08-2014, 09:18 PM
RE: I got called a Satanist
I was raised Catholic and some people in the deep south think I am a Satanist because of it.

That Satan fellow gets around.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
08-08-2014, 10:57 PM
[Image: 1satan.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 10 users Like EvolutionKills's post
08-08-2014, 11:04 PM
I actually sort of am a Satanist and I never get accused of being a Satanist.Huh

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
08-08-2014, 11:38 PM
Yeah, it's that stupid "You don't worship God? So you worship the devil then?"

You have to tell them "No, idiot. I don't believe in the devil, just as I don't believe in your god! How the fuck can I worship something I don't believe in? Oh, you were told that people who don't share your belief and tell you it's irrational are actually followers of the devil? Of course, because nobody would have thought up that strategy to keep you acting as a sheep, right?"

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
09-08-2014, 05:13 AM
You could have said, "As an atheist, I'm doing gods work by trying to get you to think more rationally. When I say god, I don't mean the god of the bible. That book is filled with lies and who is the prince of lies ? Satan, that's who. You've been a practicing Satanist all of your life and not even known it. Do you really think a god needs a book to communicate to people ? Money is manipulated out of your pocket to pay for the house and cars and church expenses of the pastor. Do you really think a god needs money to fund his projects ? Priests, the agents of your biblical guy are raping kids. Sounds like the work of Satan to me. Who floods a world and kills millions of children ? Satan that's who. I'm just trying to get you to see the light. Use your brain and figure this shit out. That's all I'm sayin."

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
09-08-2014, 06:17 AM
You must be doing something right then! The way Christians give credit to Satan for everything that doesn't go their way, it sure seems like Satan is far more powerful than their god.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
09-08-2014, 06:41 AM
Only a sith deals in absolutes...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
09-08-2014, 12:58 PM
(08-08-2014 09:12 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I was giving a coworker some grief about his belief in Christianity and I asked him if he was gonna arm wrestle Jesus when he got to heaven. He got pissed and called me a Satanist and said the devil was using me to get to him.

I couldn't stop laughing.

Yep, rational thought - it's the work of the devil (*gasp*) - gawd forbid!

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
09-08-2014, 02:30 PM
Should a god exist, the opposite of believeing in him isn't to believe in 'satan,' as some Christians would have us believe. But, rather, it's indifference. Wink As an atheist, I'm comfortable being indifferent to the whole thing.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post