I got fired today.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2012, 06:59 PM
I got fired today.
It's kind of a long story and I have told it half a dozen times already but I'll give you the run down. The company hired some new 'suits' to oversee the growing of the company. They are opening up a new branch in Gonzales and have purchased office space for a corporate headquarters. A new admissions executive has been around this week observing things. She came to my office on Monday and I had a 5 minute conversation with her that resulted in her finding out that I don't use an admissions questionnaire. It's a form used to jot down things like 'how would you describe yourself in 2 words' and 'is your job going to be flexible with your school schedule'. I haven't used this form since day 1. I still ask the questions but I make notes on an Excel spreadsheet I created. The company doesn't have a single piece of custom software for this job so all 100 or so students I keep track of are on an alphabetized list of roughly 10 sheets of paper per person. It's a pain in the ass to write all that crap. I also don't use a phone script. The new suit was apphaled at the fact that I didn't use a phone script. The fact is that without it I have the highest lead to enrollment percentage in the company, I maintain the best professional relationships with my students, and I have no beef with any employee at work. I get along with everyone despite being the spawn of Satan in an office full of right wing evangelical Christians. Today my boss called me into her office to terminate my employment on the grounds of not filling out the require paperwork. She folded to corporate influence and may have financially crippled a lower-middle income family. I have to give credit to my immediate supervisor, Gene. He defended me and lost his job too. Much respect, Gene.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like germanyt's post
18-05-2012, 07:02 PM
RE: I got fired today.
Tis unfortunate to hear of this....

Use this to cheer yourself up.

http://www.astretchyhand.com/

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 3 users Like Hamata k's post
18-05-2012, 07:05 PM
No big deal. I have 3 job guarantees. I'll probably be working Monday.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
18-05-2012, 07:10 PM
Shit man, that sucks. Sorry to hear... That sounds like a really lame excuse for the company to cut some costs without having to really look at numbers and what you actually do. Bummer... Sad

Glad to hear you at least have a backup plan- best of luck with it!
18-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Sorry to hear that man. Thats such a shit reason to sack someone for. If you hadn't been keeping records it would be a different matter.

(18-05-2012 07:02 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  Use this to cheer yourself up.
http://www.astretchyhand.com/

I used to have one of them Big Grin...Ah memories.. i managed to snap it 5 minutes after opening the pack.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
18-05-2012, 07:23 PM
That sucks! I hope it's not too stressful and I hope your plan B's work out even better for you, and also that the transitions are smooth.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
18-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Your boss sounds like a douche of the highest soaky caliber.

I'm glad you have something to head to from there. Especially due to the current economy.
Keep us informed as to your situation, and if worse comes to worse maybe some of us can help.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
18-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Oh crap...hope you are working real soon, I'm still looking.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
18-05-2012, 08:37 PM
Sorry to hear, glad it sounds as though you have new options.

Your beliefs do not make you a better person, your behavior does.
18-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Who did you work for? I'll help you f**k the place up.

[Image: 553193_635722216633_1026343474_n.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Science Believer's post