I got fired today.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2012, 09:31 PM
RE: I got fired today.
Bummer, Tim.
Boeing is hiring if you want to move back to Everett. Smile

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Hey, pm me your boss' name.

I just want to talk to him.

No....seriously, we're just gonna talk.

Ok, I lied. I'm gonna kick King Douchebag directly in the balls. (or Queen Douchebag in the box. However the chips land...)

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
19-05-2012, 06:05 AM
(18-05-2012 07:05 PM)germanyt Wrote:  No big deal. I have 3 job guarantees. I'll probably be working Monday.

But does your friend Gene?
19-05-2012, 06:09 AM (This post was last modified: 19-05-2012 07:19 AM by morondog.)
A company that fires its best employee who's thinking outside their box of stupid? Yeah, that's corporate best practice right there.
19-05-2012, 06:10 AM
BTW sorry man, it really sucks to have that happen. Also major respect to Gene, hope he's gonna be OK.
19-05-2012, 07:01 AM
(19-05-2012 06:09 AM)morondog Wrote:  A company that fires it's best employee who's thinking outside their box of stupid? Yeah, that's corporate best practice right there.
GT, you have my sympathy and my respect.

I teach best practice so I gotta disagree with MD.
Inefficient processes cannot, by definition, be "best" practice.

In class, I often say (tongue in cheek) that operations staff are not paid to think, they are paid to do ... therefore you can never fire anyone for following a defined process.

On the other hand, you can fire someone for not following a process. I know many companies that have been hit by huge penalties and law suits for non-compliance.

However, best practice encourages continual improvement so if the process is shit then it should be highlighted by Ops and then improved (outside the Ops budget) but until it's improved, Ops should follow it.
Therefore, GT's excel process should have been looked at as a candidate for the new corporate "good" practice. Best practice is about encouraging innovation and often rewarding it.

Just sayin'

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
19-05-2012, 07:17 AM
tee hee DLJ Wink

Me not know shit about corporate best practice - I'm just a peon. Also not sure if you saw my invisible sarcasm tag Tongue

All I do know is... why the fuck does no one say "hey btw we'll fire you if you keep doing that, you need to do things by the book, but that spreadsheet looks a hell of a lot better than our fucked up system"? Then at least give the man a chance to either explain why he should be allowed to skip the paper method, and change his wicked ways, rather than to just fire him. They're *wasting* a good resource.

And they're not gonna make their other employees happy firing for such a trivial thing - or maybe they are? Maybe everyone wants to just do things in a stupid way as long as they do their job and take home the pay check. Who cares if it's not efficient? And at least that disturbing guy who kept trying to change things has gone... Weeping
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
19-05-2012, 07:35 AM
Sounds like an excuse to burn shit down to me!!! Big Grin

You give me the address I'll bring the petrol!

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
19-05-2012, 08:18 AM
Just don't get any ideas...

Big Grin jk!

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
19-05-2012, 09:23 AM
Sorry to hear you got fired, but glad you have some options already.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume