Hug

That job sucked anyway, especially with no KC to keep you company. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like houseofcantor's post
19-05-2012, 10:31 AM
RE: I got fired today.
(18-05-2012 09:31 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Bummer, Tim.
Boeing is hiring if you want to move back to Everett. Smile
I have considered it.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
19-05-2012, 11:14 AM
Sorry to hear GT. Shy

If by Monday noon you find yourself with the unexpected time still on your hands, please walk straight to the Job Services place and file for unemployment - you've paid for it; time to use it. Do not forget to take taxes out of whatever you end up with, or you will be screwed next April, when the extra output might be a hassle.

Extra time is the time to reevaluate - take stock - de-stress - work on the bod - brainstorm options - possibly pad the resume with volunteer work you never thought you'd try, just for the experience. If you keep it volunteer, you can continue to draw unemployment. Wink

Keep fit, stay healthy, keep stress as low as possible, eat well, get plenty of rest... and don't forget to touch base here amongst the Godless. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
19-05-2012, 03:32 PM
I got fired from my last minimum-wage job basically because the manager didn't like me and wanted to hire his friends brother. I didn't get called to his office, and my supervisor didn't stick out is neck to defend me. The mangers told my supervisor to fire me, and when I asked my supervisor why, he said he didn't have a good reason and shrugged his shoulders like he didn't know. They made reasons up, maybe just to attempt to justify it, but the accusations were completely untrue.

The messed up thing is that getting fired for no reason is okay by law (under at-will employment).

The shit is ill, but it's alright though. You can always shrug off getting fired.

I thought about doing my best Richard Pryor black shit when I got fired. I had to go in for an extra week to the end of the pay period, and I still busted my ass too, despite knowing I was getting the boot. I planned on coming in on the last day and confronting everyone like Richard Pryor did the mafia, but I'm too apathetic and don't have the balls. I just got a crappier 1st shift job in a warehouse and now make a little more than minimum-wage to wake up at 4:00 AM every morning. I guess I should have stayed in college. This does give me perspective on life though, because every time I come in wanting to talk about politics, the economy, philosophy, or any of that people look at me like I'm speaking a different language.

At my last job, I'd asked my co-workers if they voted or cared about politics, and these niggas had the nerve to look at and say, "why the fuck would we vote".

If anyone should vote it's people making minimum-wage.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
[+] 4 users Like TrulyX's post
19-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Walked out of my last job, on the job, with deliveries that needed doing.

Fucking Indian prick...

I seriously hated the shit out of that guy, he said something (something offensive, like this guy was a fucking wanker if ever I met one. Always badmouthing me, my fucking boss!) so I looked that Indian fuck straight in the eye, put my delivery on the counter top and said "go fuck yourself!".

Totally worth it to see the look on that fat fucks face. Never stepped foot in that shit hole restaurant again.
I herd something funny not long after that I am really tempted to do. You kind some road kill, you take it and walk into the restaurant, slam it on the counter and say something like (in a loud voice), "Tell your boss this is the last fucking one until he pays me for the last 8!". Then walk out. Especially good when the restaurant is full.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
20-05-2012, 01:52 AM
Glad to hear you have other options, good luck and let us know how it goes. That's a really stupid reason to fire someone. You could easily say - "Correct this, or else." but to just fire someone over it... that's stupid.
20-05-2012, 03:20 AM
People usually get fired for ridiculous or good reasons, welcome to getting fired for ridiculous reasons club. Drinking Beverage
20-05-2012, 07:37 AM
(18-05-2012 06:59 PM)germanyt Wrote:  It's kind of a long story and I have told it half a dozen times already but I'll give you the run down. The company hired some new 'suits' to oversee the growing of the company. They are opening up a new branch in Gonzales and have purchased office space for a corporate headquarters. A new admissions executive has been around this week observing things. She came to my office on Monday and I had a 5 minute conversation with her that resulted in her finding out that I don't use an admissions questionnaire. It's a form used to jot down things like 'how would you describe yourself in 2 words' and 'is your job going to be flexible with your school schedule'. I haven't used this form since day 1. I still ask the questions but I make notes on an Excel spreadsheet I created. The company doesn't have a single piece of custom software for this job so all 100 or so students I keep track of are on an alphabetized list of roughly 10 sheets of paper per person. It's a pain in the ass to write all that crap. I also don't use a phone script. The new suit was apphaled at the fact that I didn't use a phone script. The fact is that without it I have the highest lead to enrollment percentage in the company, I maintain the best professional relationships with my students, and I have no beef with any employee at work. I get along with everyone despite being the spawn of Satan in an office full of right wing evangelical Christians. Today my boss called me into her office to terminate my employment on the grounds of not filling out the require paperwork. She folded to corporate influence and may have financially crippled a lower-middle income family. I have to give credit to my immediate supervisor, Gene. He defended me and lost his job too. Much respect, Gene.

I'm sorry to hear that. That really sucks. Just hang on. You'll land back on your feet!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
20-05-2012, 09:34 AM
Okay... what the crap?

Calling you today. This is total BS.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
20-05-2012, 09:53 AM
Sorry to hear that germanyt but on the other hand, if the job really sucked and you do have other jobs on hand, might be a welcome change Smile
Hope you are employed again fast.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user