I got "god bless"ed again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-08-2014, 02:45 AM
I got "god bless"ed again.
I responded with my usual "Thanks for insulting my intelligence"... or it's my usual when I'm up for a spat.

This was the theist's retort: "A haughty or prideful spirit may elevate yrself but notice james 4:6 [sic]"

I confess that I had to look it up:

(KJV) 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Consider
So it occurs to me... how haughty and proud does one have to be to assume that one can command a god to bless anyone?

Is their god checking all instant messages or does (s)he/it get alerts to notify them that divine intervention is required?

Dodgy

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
02-08-2014, 02:58 AM
RE: I got "god bless"ed again.
(02-08-2014 02:45 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I responded with my usual "Thanks for insulting my intelligence"... or it's my usual when I'm up for a spat.

This was the theist's retort: "A haughty or prideful spirit may elevate yrself but notice james 4:6 [sic]"

I confess that I had to look it up:

(KJV) 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Consider
So it occurs to me... how haughty and proud does one have to be to assume that one can command a god to bless anyone?

Is their god checking all instant messages or does (s)he/it get alerts to notify them that divine intervention is required?

Dodgy

For me I take god bless you quite nicely, seeing as the muslim/christian in question really wants me to have a good life.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
02-08-2014, 03:06 AM
(02-08-2014 02:58 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  For me I take god bless you quite nicely,

Pah!

Gallus gallus domesticus!

Where's your spunk, man?

02-08-2014, 04:43 AM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2014 04:47 AM by Mathilda.)
"Which god?"

When they respond, tell them to pass on your thanks.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
02-08-2014, 05:00 AM
(02-08-2014 04:43 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  "Which god?"

When they respond, tell them to pass on your thanks.

Or reply with "And may Lucifer bless you as well!"

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
02-08-2014, 07:02 AM
Sometimes only Mr. Deity will do. Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
02-08-2014, 07:44 AM
(02-08-2014 07:02 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Sometimes only Mr. Deity will do. Drinking Beverage

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
02-08-2014, 08:19 AM
(02-08-2014 02:45 AM)DLJ Wrote:  So it occurs to me... how haughty and proud does one have to be to assume that one can command a god to bless anyone?

And such a busy God, too. He has millions of sick, hungry, and homeless people to ignore, what makes these people think he has the time to focus on their friend's sneeze?

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
02-08-2014, 08:20 AM
I usually just don't acknowledge the statement (I'm thinking about sneezes here). The exception might be when my boss or some other person who has an impact on my future says it, then I'll just politely say, "thank you".

Nobody has ever said "God bless you" to me outside of the context of a sneeze. If they did I would not respond, regardless of who it was.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
02-08-2014, 08:22 AM
Although I do agree that it is a bit funny how much control Christians like to think they have over their god. Prayer doesn't even make sense as a believer IMO. How could you plead to a god who always knows what is right? If something is then it is god's will!

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post