I got "god bless"ed again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-08-2014, 05:09 PM
RE: I got "god bless"ed again.
(02-08-2014 02:45 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I responded with my usual "Thanks for insulting my intelligence"... or it's my usual when I'm up for a spat.

This was the theist's retort: "A haughty or prideful spirit may elevate yrself but notice james 4:6 [sic]"

I confess that I had to look it up:

(KJV) 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Consider
So it occurs to me... how haughty and proud does one have to be to assume that one can command a god to bless anyone?

Is their god checking all instant messages or does (s)he/it get alerts to notify them that divine intervention is required?

Dodgy

Yeah, cuz we all know an omniscient omnipotent deity needs to be reminded what it was already knew it was already going to do. Rolleyes
If I'm in the mood for a fight I say : "Jebus has a plan. Stop screwing it up with your prayers.".
(It's about power and control. If you have a deity in your hip pocket who does your bidding, you can pretend you have control over pretty much everything.)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2014, 05:20 PM
My typical response is...

"And fuck you un'all."

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
02-08-2014, 07:20 PM
I hope you got your jacket cleaned. If that bless stuff sets in, it stains like crazy.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post