I guess it's Rapture time again?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2016, 09:11 AM
RE: I guess it's Rapture time again?
I guess we'll just add it to the list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_da...tic_events

It must be said the track record for predicting the apocalypse is not a good one.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2016, 09:14 AM
That's the great thing about the "End Times," they've been going on since the very beginning.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post
27-07-2016, 09:31 AM
(27-07-2016 07:51 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Sounds like a lifetime of penance, right there. Yes
Aye sir, aye. Laugh out load

(27-07-2016 08:02 AM)yakherder Wrote:  For their sake and ours, I hope they're right.

That said, if I see Jesus coming down, without papers, I'm turning his undocumented ass over to INS.

A non-white man in tattered sandals? I'm pretty sure a lot of people will help you out with that. Especially if we go with the name Jesus instead of Yeshua, and someone at INS is like "Jésus? Go back to Mexico!"

(27-07-2016 08:12 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  To say nothing of the worst omen of all, .... preachers who randomly capitalize words ... yep, the end-times, they Must be Upon Us.

( ... is it just me, or is the apocalypse happening more often these days ?)
Laugh out load It does seem to be a frequent occurrence, that and every politician from the Pope to the local dog catcher is the Anti-Christ. Wink Should ask a friend running for coroner in his county if he's the Anti-Christ yet.

(27-07-2016 08:45 AM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  But what baffled me from the age of about 7 years old is if "These things have to come to pass" as they say why are they opposed to them coming to pass?
Fair point...heh.

(27-07-2016 09:11 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  I guess we'll just add it to the list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_da...tic_events

It must be said the track record for predicting the apocalypse is not a good one.
I should have known Wikipedia would have a list. I love the guy whose prediction is like "Sometime in the next 9,120 years".

(27-07-2016 09:14 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  That's the great thing about the "End Times," they've been going on since the very beginning.
Just like Warhammer 40k...

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-07-2016, 01:42 PM
Have these people never heard "We Didn't Start the Fire" by Bill Joel? Even a cursory glance at history would provide many many examples of perfect End Time scenarios, you would think God was planning on fully destroying the planet during the Black Plague, but nope, he was just teasing us, he's such a rascal. Also there was WW2, does no one remember this? Pretty much every major global power as at war with each other. A few floods and gay people getting married doesn't sound so bad in comparison.

But seriously though, remember the Cola Wars? When we all declared we couldn't take it anymore? I still have nightmares about it, so many senseless deaths.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like SitaSky's post
27-07-2016, 01:56 PM
(27-07-2016 01:42 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  Have these people never heard "We Didn't Start the Fire" by Bill Joel? Even a cursory glance at history would provide many many examples of perfect End Time scenarios, you would think God was planning on fully destroying the planet during the Black Plague, but nope, he was just teasing us, he's such a rascal. Also there was WW2, does no one remember this? Pretty much every major global power as at war with each other. A few floods and gay people getting married doesn't sound so bad in comparison.

But seriously though, remember the Cola Wars? When we all declared we couldn't take it anymore? I still have nightmares about it, so many senseless deaths.

I love that song. That someone can put music and lyrics to historical events is fantastic.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
27-07-2016, 02:15 PM
Hey, he said it "may" be. Gotta give him some credit for that.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
27-07-2016, 02:32 PM
(26-07-2016 09:25 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  Because if a tornado touched ground my preacher started yelling "it's a sign!!!"

Well it is! It's a sign that you should stop looking for Christ dropping down out of the clouds and seek shelter so as to avoid a brief but exciting career as flying debris.

Besides, everybody knows that tornadoes deliver witches and farmhouses, not messiahs.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
28-07-2016, 08:46 AM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2016 08:55 AM by Shai Hulud.)
Between Billy Joel and the comments, I love this thread. Also some more name removed goodness for you from the same wall:
[Image: bIuSbEZ.png]

Edit: same wall, not same OP, this is one of his few other Catholic friends. It's hard to keep friends when you tell them they're going to Hell for not being a non-denominational Christian because their brand of Christianity is wrong.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-07-2016, 09:02 AM
(26-07-2016 09:25 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  On top of that, my dad got on me about going to this church because everything that happened was a sign. My boyfriend calls the preacher a radical Christian. Because if a tornado touched ground my preacher started yelling "it's a sign!!!"

Now this a sign.

[Image: 96c709728faf63b6b424694cbe8233e0.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
28-07-2016, 11:09 AM