I had a theological debate with myself tonight.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2012, 01:35 PM
RE: I had a theological debate with myself tonight.
(26-09-2012 01:26 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  In other words, we act like people. Leave the word religion out as it does not apply to human behavior.

And you say you're not a Pastor anymore. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2012, 01:40 PM
(26-09-2012 01:26 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  In other words, we act like people. Leave the word religion out as it does not apply to human behavior.

Wow, that felt good, huh Erx?

Well, it felt good on this end. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
26-09-2012, 01:41 PM
I had a theological debate with myself tonight.
(26-09-2012 01:35 PM)kim Wrote:  

And you say you're not a Pastor anymore. Wink

Hm...my therapist and I discussed this again yesterday. I say I'm not a pastor anymore, but I haven't been able to rid myself of the ingrained ministerial identity.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
26-09-2012, 01:52 PM
(26-09-2012 01:41 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(26-09-2012 01:35 PM)kim Wrote:  And you say you're not a Pastor anymore. Wink

Hm...my therapist and I discussed this again yesterday. I say I'm not a pastor anymore, but I haven't been able to rid myself of the ingrained ministerial identity.

The word Pastor comes from the Latin for pastor -shepherd.
Hm. I could never discount one's ability to view a wider horizon and at least try to help others to view it as well.

Maybe you've simply come to the understanding that you care more for the life of the sheep than their slaughter.

[+] 2 users Like kim's post
26-09-2012, 01:53 PM
(26-09-2012 01:52 PM)kim Wrote:  their slaughter.

it's more of an annual shearing Tongue
26-09-2012, 01:59 PM
(26-09-2012 01:53 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-09-2012 01:52 PM)kim Wrote:  their slaughter.

it's more of an annual shearing Tongue

Ha - yea. Tongue

I think most "shepherds of God" use the slaughter to hang over their sheep -it's a great manipulation. Pretty telling one, at that... a threat, even: "Love me or burn in Hell." Angel

[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
26-09-2012, 02:06 PM
(26-09-2012 01:41 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(26-09-2012 01:35 PM)kim Wrote:  And you say you're not a Pastor anymore. Wink

I believe I've said it before, but I'll say it again:

Why don't you become a counselor/therapist or some such? You already have the chops.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-09-2012, 02:18 PM
(26-09-2012 02:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-09-2012 01:41 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Hm...my therapist and I discussed this again yesterday. I say I'm not a pastor anymore, but I haven't been able to rid myself of the ingrained ministerial identity.

I believe I've said it before, but I'll say it again:

Why don't you become a counselor/therapist or some such? You already have the chops.

I'm looking at next fall...I need my mom to die so I can afford the tuition. Evil_monster

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
26-09-2012, 02:20 PM
(26-09-2012 02:18 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm looking at next fall...I need my mom to die so I can afford the tuition. Evil_monster

No counsellor job for you! If you give your patients the same kind of advice No
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
26-09-2012, 02:29 PM
(26-09-2012 02:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  Why don't you become a counselor/therapist or some such? You already have the chops.

To me, as people fell away from the church, psychology came to do the very thing that the church fundamentally should do but often fails, and that is to guide people to discover, rediscover, and accept their own humanity.

It's no wonder that today many priests have degrees in psychology... they gotta know what the competition is offering. Wink

Have you considered furthering your education, Erx? Ugh - psychology - Sadcryface interesting yes... but...

Good thing I'm evil and hate all humans. Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like kim's post