I had a theological debate with myself tonight.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2012, 11:49 AM
RE: I had a theological debate with myself tonight.
I have dealt with Egor's "atheism is a religion" so many times it's not even fun any more, I like something I can sink my teeth into, something I can savour while trying to figure a way to beat it, not simply swallow it like yoghurt, no savouring at all, just boring.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
25-09-2012, 12:26 PM
(25-09-2012 11:49 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I have dealt with Egor's "atheism is a religion" so many times it's not even fun any more, I like something I can sink my teeth into, something I can savour while trying to figure a way to beat it, not simply swallow it like yoghurt, no savouring at all, just boring.

I like yogurt - European style is very refreshing and the enzymes can help to keep the human gut clear.

But I know what you mean about Egor; same old - same old. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
25-09-2012, 12:43 PM

Atheism is a religion. If it wasn't, you'd just not believe in God and go about the business of living your life.

And this "Oh, here's ol' Egor again," BS is just that. All I'm doing is keeping it real. If you can't handle the truth, if you're so PC you can't even have an honest discussion, then you might as well smoke another joint and tune out. What good are you?
Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Smoke a joint you say? Don't mind if I do. You should too. Help you mellow out a bit. [Image: toke.gif]

Keep it real, brotha.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
25-09-2012, 01:00 PM
(25-09-2012 12:43 PM)Egor Wrote:  Atheism is a religion. If it wasn't, you'd just not believe in God and go about the business of living your life.

And this "Oh, here's ol' Egor again," BS is just that. All I'm doing is keeping it real. If you can't handle the truth, if you're so PC you can't even have an honest discussion, then you might as well smoke another joint and tune out. What good are you?

We have already sufficiently countered your absurd idea that atheism is a religion.

You are now a stuck record and an object of pity.Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
25-09-2012, 01:26 PM
religiously

religious
adj.
1. Having or showing belief in and
reverence for God or a deity.
2. Of, concerned with, or teaching religion: a
religious text.
3. Extremely scrupulous or conscientious:
religious devotion to duty.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equivocation

Yay fallacy!

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
25-09-2012, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 26-09-2012 07:26 AM by Logica Humano.)
(25-09-2012 12:43 PM)Egor Wrote:  Atheism is a religion. If it wasn't, you'd just not believe in God and go about the business of living your life.

So when an apatheist talks about their apatheism, are they somehow religiously apatheistic?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
25-09-2012, 01:55 PM
(25-09-2012 12:43 PM)Egor Wrote:  If it wasn't, you'd just not believe in God and go about the business of living your life.

Unfortunately, theists don't allow us to do that. If defending your society against the influence of a specific religion through debate and activism, because you believe that the supernatural should not dictate the policies of humanity, makes you religious... then are the following also true?

1. Speaking out against inequality makes you a racist;
2. Speaking out against war makes you a warmonger?
3. Refusing to believe in UFOs makes you a UFO fanatic?

Maybe those are unfair comparisons, but that's the type of logic I see when you call me "religious." If religion ever retreats from public view and becomes a private affair, I'll delete my profile on this forum and never give any of the gods a second thought.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 3 users Like guitar_nut's post
25-09-2012, 02:00 PM
I had a theological debate with myself tonight.
Almighty Atheism, I do beseech thee that in thy divine power you grant me peace and happiness, wisdom and knowledge that I may carry your name to the nations. In Dawkins' name, Amen.

Damn, I think this religion stuff is working out, just like Egor said it would. Hail the prophet Egor, peace be unto him.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
25-09-2012, 03:04 PM

I'm trying to get this straight. Because some atheists sometimes like coming to atheist forums and debating and discussing the existence of gods, we are religious?

Please correct me if I'm not understanding you.

Does that mean that skeptics that go to occult forums to debate the occult are really occultists?
[+] 2 users Like Simon Moon's post