I had the most messed up dream last night.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2015, 08:40 PM
RE: I had the most messed up dream last night.
Anyone else disappointed when they're having a nightmare and wake up before they get a chance to kill the bad guy? Like, there's a psycho with an axe trying to break in your front door, so you grab your own knife and quickly but quietly sneak out the back door, come up behind the psycho, your adrenaline starts pumping as you stalk him and, just as you're coming up behind him ready to plunge your knife into his kidney you wake up and don't get to have that predatory sense of accomplishment...

Or is that just me?

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2015, 08:56 PM
(26-01-2015 08:40 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Anyone else disappointed when they're having a nightmare and wake up before they get a chance to kill the bad guy? Like, there's a psycho with an axe trying to break in your front door, so you grab your own knife and quickly but quietly sneak out the back door, come up behind the psycho, your adrenaline starts pumping as you stalk him and, just as you're coming up behind him ready to plunge your knife into his kidney you wake up and don't get to have that predatory sense of accomplishment...

Or is that just me?

Uh, yeeeah.
26-01-2015, 09:03 PM
(26-01-2015 08:40 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Anyone else disappointed when they're having a nightmare and wake up before they get a chance to kill the bad guy? Like, there's a psycho with an axe trying to break in your front door, so you grab your own knife and quickly but quietly sneak out the back door, come up behind the psycho, your adrenaline starts pumping as you stalk him and, just as you're coming up behind him ready to plunge your knife into his kidney you wake up and don't get to have that predatory sense of accomplishment...

Or is that just me?

It's just you.

Evil_monster

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
26-01-2015, 10:25 PM

Or is that just me?

When I was a child and I had a nightmare, I got the chance to try and stand up to the nightmare creature. A guy was chasing me with a chainsaw in a circle around some firewood and I stopped, put my hands on my waist and told him I wasn't afraid of him......them he cut me in two and the dream ended there.

I don't really remember being afraid after waking, so I guess I was ok.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
26-01-2015, 11:28 PM
I've had funny dreams. Dreams that were so funny that I woke up laughing.

I still remember a dream from high school.

I was driving down a rural road in my bedroom dresser. I was siting in the top drawer amongst all my panties and using the drawer knobs to steer the dresser. I came upon a friend named Joan from one of my classes. She was a real nice girl and we used to talk a lot about our teenaged troubles but Joan was quite a bit overweight and now, what do I see but Joan out hitching a ride on the side of the road. I slowed the dresser down and to give her a ride but she couldn't fit in any of the drawers. So I continued on my way.

It was a silly, funny dream. I woke up laughing. It's neat to wake from a dream laughing. Poor Joan though. She was stuck on the side of the road.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
26-01-2015, 11:43 PM

Or is that just me?

I've had lucid dreams where I've been able to not only control the flow of the dream, but actually create things like weapons from nothing, and become impervious to harm. It's pretty disappointing when I can't stay asleep.

I had a dream where I was on someone's balcony, in a high rise. I snuck inside and for some reason I was looking for them to kill them. I got to the door at the end of the hall, and slowly turned the knob. Suddenly the door opened and I jumped and stabbed the man repeatedly. The man was laying there gasping and gurgling, wide eyed as he lay dying... And then I realized I was in my own bedroom, looking at myself dying. When I woke up from that dream and had to piss... It scared the shit out of me to even approach my bedroom door.
27-01-2015, 12:16 AM
(26-01-2015 07:00 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Sometimes when you leave music or your TV on while you sleep your brain will incorporate outside input into your dream.

Each morning the alarm wakes me, it's set to a local radio station. Last week they were playing Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin' by Journey.

I began dreaming, and in the dream saw all the members of journey when they were young, including Greg Rolie (who had already left the band before that song came out).

The really weird part, Michael J Fox was singing the Steve Perry part and Steve Perry was smiling and like cheering him on.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

27-01-2015, 01:01 AM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2015 01:06 AM by gofish!.)
On a slightly different tack...

I recall seeing a documentary on AI and the practical use of neural networks. One such system, using a camera and a neural net to recognise patterns had its camera switched off but the system left on. The researchers found that the network started to "dream" patterns. I'll have to research back to see if I can dig up more detail.

This has left me with the suspicion that human dreams are nothing more than the product of an active mind, using memory rather than sensory input.

And my weird dream just this night past? I was working hard to distribute my handmade beef burgers to numerous outlets and restaurants across a caricature of London (I am not in the food trade) when I discovered I was going bald around the back right hand side of my head.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
27-01-2015, 07:45 AM
I've dreamed I could turn into a pterodactyl.

I also often have weird dreams - and almost all of my dreams a pretty vivid. Most of them aren't as cool as becoming Petrie.

[Image: latest?cb=20141002135759]

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
Albert Camus
27-01-2015, 08:15 AM
Call Leonardo Dicaprio. He can help.

What pisses me off are the dreams that I have where I can jump back into after I wake up. Unfortunately, they are always the lame ones. Of course, this NEVER happens when the dream involves chicks.........

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac