I had to do a survey for class

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2016, 08:21 PM
RE: I had to do a survey for class
I was not much help, either. I don't watch cartoons.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2016, 10:21 PM
Survey done. I actually studied film and animation in college so I had a reasonably good idea as to the processes involved, but essentially just guessed which studio did which film.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-04-2016, 11:39 PM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2016 12:33 AM by CleverUsername.)
Okay, if anyone is reading the thread before taking it and still wants to take it, don't look under the spoiler tag, I just want to put the correct answers somewhere for the questions that don't have multiple possible answers. Partially for anyone who might be curious which of them they got wrong, partially because a few of the questions were based off really common misconceptions I see and they bug me and I feel obligated to make at least a token effort to correct them.

Rendering is creating the final image. Most of you got that one. I'm kind of worried the answer being more specific than the others might have given it away.

Pixar has the highest budgets. Important to note the "on average" part, as Disney has had the highest budget (for Tangled, which I mentioned in another thread) but it was a one time thing.

100 million dollars is a low budget. There are studios that get by with less, but the big name studios (that is, the only ones you guys are capable of naming) work with anything from 120 to 200 million (or, rarely, higher).

Wreck-It Ralph is Disney, Brave is Pixar.

Dreamworks did not make Ice Age, that and its sequels were made by a place called Blue Sky Studios (budget wise they range from 80 to 100 million, then a jump to 130 once). Incidentally, none of you put that for the next question, so I'm going to presume those that answered correctly were lucky guesses?

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
28-04-2016, 12:50 AM
Done.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
28-04-2016, 01:16 AM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2016 03:13 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Fuck, this survey was made for me. I studied 'Game Art & Design' at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh. Big Grin

Oh, and Blur Studio is legit. They made that leaked Deadpool animated short that kick started the public interest that finally green-lit the actual movie. Incidentally they also did the effects for the movie proper, and the director of the film Tim Miller is the co-founder of the studio.

http://www.blur.com/

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
28-04-2016, 01:28 AM
(27-04-2016 11:39 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Okay, if anyone is reading the thread before taking it and still wants to take it, don't look under the spoiler tag, I just want to put the correct answers somewhere for the questions that don't have multiple possible answers. Partially for anyone who might be curious which of them they got wrong, partially because a few of the questions were based off really common misconceptions I see and they bug me and I feel obligated to make at least a token effort to correct them.

Rendering is creating the final image. Most of you got that one. I'm kind of worried the answer being more specific than the others might have given it away.

Pixar has the highest budgets. Important to note the "on average" part, as Disney has had the highest budget (for Tangled, which I mentioned in another thread) but it was a one time thing.

100 million dollars is a low budget. There are studios that get by with less, but the big name studios (that is, the only ones you guys are capable of naming) work with anything from 120 to 200 million (or, rarely, higher).

Dreamworks did not make Ice Age, that and its sequels were made by a place called Blue Sky Studios (budget wise they range from 80 to 100 million, then a jump to 130 once). Incidentally, none of you put that for the next question, so I'm going to presume those that answered correctly were lucky guesses?

I was just looking at the quiz and I was wondering... was Madhouse a valid answer for the last question? They did make a CGI film one time.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
28-04-2016, 01:31 AM
(28-04-2016 01:28 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I was just looking at the quiz and I was wondering... was Madhouse a valid answer for the last question? They did make a CGI film one time.

Well that depends on whether or not they had their own internal 3D animation studio. Did they farm that work off to another animation studio for them, or was it a one off project like Squaresoft did with Final Fantasy: The spirits Within?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
28-04-2016, 01:34 AM
(28-04-2016 01:31 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 01:28 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I was just looking at the quiz and I was wondering... was Madhouse a valid answer for the last question? They did make a CGI film one time.

Well that depends on whether or not they had their own internal 3D animation studio. Did they farm that work off to another animation studio for them, or was it a one off project like Squaresoft did with Final Fantasy: The spirits Within?

Double checked, nope, they did some of the work but not all, mostly storyboarding and direction while Def2shoot, Imagimax, and Dynamo Pictures did the 3D grunt work. Yona Yona Penguin being the film in question.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
28-04-2016, 02:12 AM
(27-04-2016 11:39 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Okay, if anyone is reading the thread before taking it and still wants to take it, don't look under the spoiler tag, I just want to put the correct answers somewhere for the questions that don't have multiple possible answers. Partially for anyone who might be curious which of them they got wrong, partially because a few of the questions were based off really common misconceptions I see and they bug me and I feel obligated to make at least a token effort to correct them.

Thanks, I was indeed curious!

Well, I screwed up with the movies, although I've watched all of them. I got the rest right and I'm pretty sure I also did good on the questions about departments and steps.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
28-04-2016, 03:08 AM
(27-04-2016 05:02 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Hey guys.

I need to make a survey for my final English class assignment then distribute it and write a paper on the results, and I thought it might be interesting to toss it around the various forums I hang around on to see what the response was from different groups.

I couldn't find anything saying this kind of stuff isn't allowed, but if I missed it I apologize. If not, I'd really appreciated it if some of you could fill it out. It's about animation, and it's eleven questions. It actually kind of turned more into a test than survey, but if the teacher isn't complaining neither will I.

Everything's confidential, just for research, other stuff I need to say.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LBMG2RH

Thanks in advance. Blush

Aside from the film theory stuff and box office performances, I'm sure I did well on the rest, without googling anything.

Mine will be rather easy to spot; as I mention a movie that will be terrible, and a set of two movies that are terrible.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."