I had to share this:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2011, 01:49 PM
I had to share this:
Quote:As for science -
Yeah, because science has such a marvelous track record. Wasn't it science that told us the Earth was flat? Wasn't it science that told us that some races are inferior to others? Wasn't it science that told us that we can breed a better humanity? Isn't it science that is telling us right now that mankind has more to do with the temperature of the planet than does, say THE SUN. And anyone who says differently is a heretic.
Science doesn't really have a good track record...

That was from an Christian a few mins ago.

This is great!

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like The Doctor's post
13-06-2011, 02:06 PM
RE: I had to share this:
Is that from the same facebook page where people are arguing with you over whether Islam and Christianity share the same god?

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
Find all posts by this user
13-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Nope, this from another topic about the video about a blogger who believe god is the internet. A good video and it's spreading around. I was tagged because I was an militant atheist on Facebook.

When he admited he was an creationist. I let him had it.

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-06-2011, 03:09 PM
And I suppose he prefers religious leaders to heal cancer cause that has such a much better track record...

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
13-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Isn't it the Bible that tells us that bats are birds?

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
13-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Scientific Racism. Lol.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
13-06-2011, 11:28 PM
(13-06-2011 09:25 PM)daemonowner Wrote:   Scientific Racism. Lol.

And coupled with eugenics, science is evil! Science was used by the nazis!! Therefore the Bible is correct and science isn't! I don't care what evil science says, snakes can talk, people can live inside giant sea creatures for days and rabbits chew their cud! Praise the Lord!

14-06-2011, 12:34 PM
The dumbness of people stuns me from day to day. By the way I am a militant atheist as well on facebook. I guess a lot of my friends believe it's a strange sect or something. Smile

..."we can be truly free - not because we can rebel against the the tyranny of the selfish replicators but because we know that there is no one to rebel."
Susan Blackmore : The Meme Machine
14-06-2011, 02:41 PM
*sob*
[Image: 93_frantic_sobbing_father_trying_to_care...g_baby.jpg]

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
15-06-2011, 05:10 AM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2011 05:50 AM by DeepThought.)
(14-06-2011 02:41 PM)The_observer Wrote:  *sob*
[Image: 93_frantic_sobbing_father_trying_to_care...g_baby.jpg]
shhhhhhh shhhh shhhh shhhh shhhh....
[Image: pacifier.jpg]
There there now Observer Jr.. and one for you Observer Tongue

"wah.. wahh.. ah... suckle, suckle...."

See, you creationist bastards go and reduce grown men to tears.. You make babies cry and YOU HAVE THE GALL TO CALL US morally bankrupt?
*Shakes head*

I totally understand your tears.. And science said the world is flat? I thought that come from the bible!
Maybe the bible is a 2000 year old 'science' book. That makes much more sense. It's the best they could do back then.

P.S. Make sure you save those baby tears - I have this new recipe for basting sauce and it's delicious!

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss